British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Birmingham V Belle Vue 26/3/14

Not sure about the upper hand, Barker scored 01 in the PL tonight.

He has had a poor start to the season.

Its a rareity but hey I think this is going to be an Aces win, Think the Aces will have a good season this time and good luck to them..

With Nicholls, Worrall, Cook and Zagar I can't see anything other than a Belle Vue win.

By a lot of points.

In this meeting and probably many others this season.

Think the weather may win this one. Hope not though.

Defo looking for a win. Last year we ran you close in the challenge at beginning if season. Let's hope we can go one better this time round

Not much in this meeting for Belle Vue, if a good win, fans will say it was expected as Birmingham are rated as poor this year, and if they lose, fans will say that Belle Vue are not as good as some think they are.

Weather, as stated above could be the winner, bit of a mugs game following speedway away from home, a call off means loss of petrol money etc. Lets hope for the travelling fan that if it is called off, it is early enough not for them to make a wasted journey.

It would be great for Belle Vue to start a season well, as previous years we have had some disasters, everything crossed for this year to be different.

Assuming that this match goes ahead, the Aces must be fancying their chances. If they can't take the points here, the season may not be as bright as the fans hoped :wink:

I will keep my options open at the moment until i see the form of Toft, Nielsen and Reade.Toft will find it had going in the top 5 and sadly i cant see Reade doing much, more so away from home(hope i am wrong)so a lot depends on Nielsen if he can hold his own in the reserve races then i think we will have a good season if not then no mater how good the top 4 are alot of our meetings will be hard work.

well the weathers fine here today. cant see brum doing a lot tonite. i said a while back tat they would really struggle with this line up and was laughed at for being premature. going to be a long hard season for us brummies :cry:

What's it like down there at the moment? Looks like quite a bit of rain passing over looking at the radar

What's it like down there at the moment? Looks like quite a bit of rain passing over looking at the radar

showery, and forecast to continue for a while yet. Not too bad though

Anyone know if this meeting will be on the live stream on bet365 like wolves v birm was on Monday?

Says so on their site.

Dont know if you have to place a bet to watch it ?.

There's nothing worse then losing at home at the start of the season. I feel Belle Vue will be too strong, but I hope the Brummies' can scrape and fight for a result. For home morale and added support it is essential they put up a good show.....

I'll go for a close home win......

Edited by GRW123

According to todays B,ham Mail,Graham Drury says he tried to sign two riders that are lining up against the Brummies tonight.

Suppose one would be Scott Nicholls,but couldnt meet their financial terms.

According to todays B,ham Mail,Graham Drury says he tried to sign two riders that are lining up against the Brummies tonight.

Suppose one would be Scott Nicholls,but couldnt meet their financial terms.

You say that like missing out on Nicholls is a bad thing, yeah I know our line up doesn't look great but Scotty is hardly the man to improve it!.

One of the riders was Cookie, but fair play, he remained loyal to the Aces.

Regarding tonight, 40-50 with Zagar to remain unbeaten.