British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Birmingham V Belle Vue 26/3/14

Cook would have been alright, though putting him in a side with Barker would have been "interesting".

heres hoping for a brummies win. just on my way now. weathers ok no rain here and im quite close to perry barr. :lol:

Maybe if they hadn't watered track all afternoon even though rain was forecast it wouldn't have been too bad!

Maybe if they hadn't watered track all afternoon even though rain was forecast it wouldn't have been too bad!

TONIGHT'S Elite League opener at Perry Barr between Birmingham and Belle Vue is set to go ahead as planned with the track reported to be in good shape.

The weather is now dry at the stadium with blue sky just breaking through.

UPDATE POSTED AT: 4.05PM

Seems it was all systems go less than 3hrs ago. :o

TONIGHT'S Elite League opener at Perry Barr between Birmingham and Belle Vue is set to go ahead as planned with the track reported to be in good shape.

The weather is now dry at the stadium with blue sky just breaking through.

UPDATE POSTED AT: 4.05PM

Seems it was all systems go less than 3hrs ago. :o

just got back.... shocking from the club its hardly rained here today. speedways slowly becoming a joke!!!!!!

To be fair I got to the stadium and the clouds were full of it. The rain was getting heavier the closer I got.

Right decision made.

surprised this has been called off considering B Vue don't mind riding in wet conditions lol

• Like 1

You are joking!! Why do that when rain forecast. Called off after a shower is a surprise but not if it really was watered. Maybe more rain to come though.

To be fair I got to the stadium and the clouds were full of it. The rain was getting heavier the closer I got.

Right decision made.

And had stopped raining by 7.05 when we left stadium and hadn't rained at 8.00 when we left pizza shop accoss the road

And had stopped raining by 7.05 when we left stadium and hadn't rained at 8.00 when we left pizza shop accoss the road

But how much damage had already been done to the track. It was forecast all day to chuck it down this evening so there were doubts over the meeting for hours.

Again, right decision made.

But how much damage had already been done to the track. It was forecast all day to chuck it down this evening so there were doubts over the meeting for hours.

Again, right decision made.

The damage was done by watering it so much, when we arrived at 6.00 everywhere was bone dry but track was very wet, spoke to several people who had been there all afternoon and said there had been no rain but they had been watering up to 5.30. The problem is who called the meeting off too.

Just got home what a ridiculous decision to call it off. Rain was due about 6 which duely came on time. If not a little early. So what do they do. Water the track before the rain comes. Rain lasted 20 mins. I wa in stadium and saw track. It diddnt look bad. All our riders said it diddnt look bad. And from what I'm told the home riders diddnt look happy the meeting was postponed.

We then find out it wasn't the ref that called it off. It was drury. Once a ref has entered the premises it's upto the ref to call of the meeting. It's all wrong and hopefully we will complain and Birmingham will be investigated like we was.

Birmingham have shafted us.

Clearly scared of us and scared of a poor crowd

I suppose it don't matter that it's raining for most of the night here as,BV as we all know will race on slop..I would rather watch a,proper speedway meeting on a,decent racing surface knowing I not been cheated,out of my well earnt money,unlike that meeting BV,had with Poole last season