Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4eva

Redcar Vs Berwick Ttt 1st Leg 27/03/14

Looking forward to my 1st away Bandit match of 2014.. Hoping for revenge after Redcar managed a clean sweep on us last year..

Only doubt of mine as usual is the weather! How's it looking on Teesside?

Had a little bit of rain overnight but nothing significant. Forecast tomorrow doesnt look too bad although will be a bit chilly! Ill try and update the weather on here tomorrow.

Looking forward to the first meeting of the season. A win would be good, just hoping to get all 7 through the first meeting unscathed!

Looking forward to my 1st away Bandit match of 2014.. Hoping for revenge after Redcar managed a clean sweep on us last year..

Only doubt of mine as usual is the weather! How's it looking on Teesside?

If they prepare a slick track with surface grip, we should do OK.

If they prepare a slick track with surface grip, we should do OK.

Slick track with surface grip ? Bit of a contradiction is it not ?
  • Like 1

Had a little bit of rain overnight but nothing significant. Forecast tomorrow doesnt look too bad although will be a bit chilly! Ill try and update the weather on here tomorrow.

Looking forward to the first meeting of the season. A win would be good, just hoping to get all 7 through the first meeting unscathed!

Dont you mean all 14 ?

• Like 1

Dont you mean all 14 ?

I certainly do :oops:

I would be optimistic and predict a away win (I can only hope) but seeing how it wasn't that long ago we threw away a 15 point lead... I'm saying nowt 😄

Will be interesting to see how Matej goes - on his day is great round the STMP. Really hope he has rediscovered his confidence, if he has will go on to have a great season.

Looking forward to seeing how we get on though - think we look solid without being spectacular but always hard to tell on paper.

Just a warm up. 2 home wins is on the cards.Hope the Berwick track has "bedded in "!!

Well we can hope. :neutral:

Slick track with surface grip ? Bit of a contradiction is it not ?

Take a match box, one side cardboard SLICK, the other side a slither of sand paper GRIP. Now build up the sandpaper side with loose dand and try striking the match, you cannot get any grip to strike the match because it's like loose shale.

Road repair lay bitumen down only, VERY SLICK, put down a load of loose chippings down, put your brakes on,through the hedge no grip just loose gravel. Now put a thin layer of gravel on top of bitumen and roll it in, this gives you GRIP. It's what they lay down on roundabouts nowadays.

There seems to be a lot of fans believe grip has something to do with loads of shale, it really does not, all that is is a lot of loose shale, like we tend have at Shielfield around the fence. Now prepare a slick even track, then lay course shale on top and pack it in. Back to the match box, slick with grip on the surface. :o:o

Redcar get their season underway tomorrow night in the first leg of the Tees-Tweed Trophy against Berwick and captain Aaron Summers is hopeful of a big season with the Bears.

The 26-year-old Aussie is about to start his fourth campaign at the South Tees Motorsport Park and after the Bears reached the play-offs last season, the former Edinburgh and Birmingham rider is hoping for similar success this time around.

Speaking at last week’s Northern Speedway launch at Newcastle, Summers said: “The team looks really good. Everyone looked sharp at practice on Saturday so we’re looking forward to the meetings. Hopefully it’ll be a good year and we can get some silverware come the end of it.”

Summers begins the season on an average of 7.14 and despite that being down on the past couple of years, he is aiming for Richard Lawson’s No.1 race jacket in 2014.

He said: “I’m always going to be aiming for a No. 1 spot. I just missed out last year and I’ve invested pretty hard over the winter on new gear.

“I’ve also got a new sponsor with Media Prima on board. They’ve helped me out a lot and I’ve also got a couple of new lads from Middlesbrough who are helping me out with my bikes.”

The Redcar skipper has doubled up in the Elite League with Coventry in the past two seasons and despite the new team rules forcing him out of their plans in 2014, Summers is hopeful of picking up something in the weeks ahead.

“I’m just racing in the Premier League at the moment but I could do with riding in the Elite League as well so hopefully in a few weeks I’ll be able to pick something up.

“There are also talks of a few meetings in Europe too. Redcar clashes with a couple I’ve been offered already but there’s a few in Germany I might try and do and it’ll be good to get out there.”

Redcar host Berwick tomorrow night in the first leg of the Tees-Tweed Trophy at the South Tees Motorsport Park with the return leg at Shielfield Park on Saturday.

Take a match box, one side cardboard SLICK, the other side a slither of sand paper GRIP. Now build up the sandpaper side with loose dand and try striking the match, you cannot get any grip to strike the match because it's like loose shale.

Road repair lay bitumen down only, VERY SLICK, put down a load of loose chippings down, put your brakes on,through the hedge no grip just loose gravel. Now put a thin layer of gravel on top of bitumen and roll it in, this gives you GRIP. It's what they lay down on roundabouts nowadays.

There seems to be a lot of fans believe grip has something to do with loads of shale, it really does not, all that is is a lot of loose shale, like we tend have at Shielfield around the fence. Now prepare a slick even track, then lay course shale on top and pack it in. Back to the match box, slick with grip on the surface. :o:o

I've helped out at Berwick preparing the track in the past, my health does not allow it these days unfortunately, what you have written above is the biggest load of pIsh i think i have ever read, even for you, you listen to far too many riders who think they know how to prepare a track but in reality like yourself, would not know where to start. You seem to have a touch of OCD when it comes to track preparation. Get of your backside, go to the track and physically help do the job, and then, and only then you might have a very slight idea what you are talking about.
  • Like 2