Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Sheffield Tigers (lc) Sunday, March 30th (3pm)

Good meeting :approve:

Compton, Stead and Roynon all very impressive, with Adam denied a maximum by a shocking refereeing decision in heat 6.

• Like 1

Agreed there eric,I thought he would of taken nielsen and bates 4th rides easier than taking a ht15 ride

I would have given him Pooles last ride in heat 14, but I think Joe wanted them all to get as much track time racing, building up the team spirit as he says!

I also didn't expect a win at the EWR this afternoon, but what a pleasant experience it was. Think there's more to come from the Scorpions though, but don't think they missed Douglas that much as Sergeant scored his average, putting on a good display in the process. Don't think he could have done anything more in heat 14 even though his engine packed in. Have to admit I was impressed by Josh Bates performance today, think he had a point to prove and hope he continues with this attitude, especially his determination in heat 14, only the experience of Birks got him the win!

All in all a good team performance with some action that entertained all the fans.

Good meeting :approve:

Compton, Stead and Roynon all very impressive, with Adam denied a maximum by a shocking refereeing decision in heat 6.

Even Rob Godfrey commented on that didn't he, "the cheques in the post referee." It was so obvious to everyone in the stadium!

Agreed there eric,I thought he would of taken nielsen and bates 4th rides easier than taking a ht15 ride

We could still have got extra point if adam had partnered steady in heat 15,Its our first meeting and all the lads need 4 rides if possible.Taylor,simon and josh need the rides to get upto scratch.Good meeting and expected us just to edge it.We would have had extra point had ref seen what everybody else in the stadium saw when adam wasn't given 2nd in heat 6 !!!!! When Rob Godfrey said adam got it from the centre green then that's good enough for me.Good meeting.Well done all the team.

Joe probably took the view that it would be more beneficial for the team in the long term to give Simon and Josh more track time. Any road, it is good to see the gloating cupboard open again after 2 years without being used.

Great victory. Very optimistic for the season, that result should give the lads plenty of confidence. I no it's only one meeting but could the good time's be coming back to Owlerton. I hope so.

Has anybody heard how the 2 lads are who were injured in the academy meeting in heat 2 ? Looked nasty.

It was Reece Downes and Brandon Freemantle not sure about the injuries though and I didn't see the crash as I wasn't there

Don't like to gloat.

But.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Get in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBhmCHqU_mw

Spinny, you can have that one yesterday. :wink:

After all, Scunny did the league double over the Tigers in 2012... and again in 2013.

And we'll just do the double double over you guys in the 2014 Premier League :P

Seriously though, 'twas a good meeting yesterday and there should be some cracking meetings between the two teams this season. :t:

All the best

Rob

It was Reece Downes and Brandon Freemantle not sure about the injuries though and I didn't see the crash as I wasn't there

It didn't look good, the county ambulance came and took both of them (I believe) to hospital.

It was a typical first bend melee where the riders from gates 2, 3 & 4 all 'went for it' and got in a tangle. Two of them seemed to hit the air fence together and at least one of them went over the top! It was difficult to see from where I was as the air fence panel lifted on impact and flew into the track. Another was on the track and he was having gas and air before they put him in the ambulance. Just one observation is that once the air fence panel 'lifted' behind it was armco crash barrier, in front of the earth banking. That's ok for the first rider hitting it (provided they don't then go over the top!)but if there's another following on and the air panels gone!!! That's just my observation, I believe at Sheffield the barriers in front of what was the existing fence, a much safer proposition in my view! If anyone knows different I would be interested in finding out.

Great result fo the Tigers yesterday, once Scunny looked like pulling away but fair play to the Sheffield riders for pulling it back then dominating the latter heats to take a fine win

If they can get Poole going and somehow keep Compton at reserve for as long as possible they will be there or thereabout come September

I was impressed by Birks,first meeting back since breaking his back an looked brilliant--so please to see one of the good guys in the sport back to what looked his best,same could be said of Roynan

• Like 2

The best team won - all credit to Sheffield for turning a 6 point deficit into a 48-42 success.

There was some good racing and passing and both teams could take positives from the performances of riders returning from injury.

Great start for the Tigers and a decent crowd too.

Let's see what Thursday brings at Redcar for the Scorps.

After all, Scunny did the league double over the Tigers in 2012... and again in 2013.

Seriously though, 'twas a good meeting yesterday and there should be some cracking meetings between the two teams this season. :t:

All the best

Rob

When you have a couple of seasons like we have had, then going to somewhere like Scunthorpe and get a result, it is really worth celebrating.

The feel good factor is certainly returning back everyone connected to Sheffield speedway.

• Like 3

Well done Tigers on your win, could not attend due to airport run so making my judgement from what I can deduce. Scorpions sadly missing our Aussie, match won and lost at reserves. Wish we could get someone of Andre's calibre as a ringer, you are in my Fantasy team so keep it up. Both teams will feature in top 6 barring injuries. :wink:

• Like 1

All the best

Rob

I believe Newcastle actually topped the league in 2012, Scunthorpe just won an end of season mess around :P:D