British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

New Rule On Guest Riders?

So who is guesting for Bees tonight in place of Bomber?

I think you will find that SS got the days mixed up, I believe he's referring to Saturday's fixture at Leicester

I think you will find that SS got the days mixed up, I believe he's referring to Saturday's fixture at Leicester

I thought one had to believe everything Mr Shoveller writes!

Someone hits upon a very good point because the second strings will to start with score a lot of points because of who they will be riding against, in turn they will have an inflated average which could then be used to good effect should they be injured or by coincidence missing a fixture at a track they dont normally go well at and be replaced by what was originally a heat leader at the start of the season.

Yeah, averages really wont make a whole lot of sense this season, more so than ever before, what really needs to happen is for everyone to get together before the first set of averages come out and agree a system to move forward with that enables and more realistic assessment of a riders true worth, like giving a grade based upon their start average.

Things will likely even themselves out but it would not surprise to see a few teams have both second strings jump straight to heat leaders and vice versa after the first set of averages, this would also mean the young reserves that were originally protected from facing the big boys could well end up racing against them.

I thought one had to believe everything Mr Shoveller writes!

You might find it hard to find anyone that believes anything he says!

It seems there's a new rule out there we didn't know about.

Since when has Poole ever worried about rules.

• Like 2

I suppose this change means that the bspa have accepted and acted on the first problem with this new system, even though it was mentioned by posters on here, but it has two sides to it. More teams will have 7 riders rather than rider rr but which heat leaders with a false average will replace a second string and race against reserves.

Edited by A ORLOV

here we go again, yet more pathetic speedway rules, we now have guest managers!!..imagine wba borrowing alex ferguson?..people wonder why fans leaving the sport

• Like 1

here we go again, yet more pathetic speedway rules, we now have guest managers!!..imagine wba borrowing alex ferguson?..

We wouldn't have to borrow Ferguson tho, we could just make him our team manager if he wanted a new challenge. :party:

• Like 1