British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

New Rule On Guest Riders?

It seems there's a new rule out there we didn't know about.

In tonight's Leicester V wolves fixture, Wolves have drafted in Chris Harris as a guest for Piotr Pawlicki, who is second in the averages. Last season this would have been impossible as guests were only allowed for your number one, and r/r would have to have been used.

Thoughts? Good or bad for the sport? Personally I don't like it as guest are a bane of the sport. We virtually sealed it up but now it looks like the can of worms could be open again.

It does at least increase the likelihood of 7 man teams..and should cut-down the number of '2 Minute Warnings'..

However it will prove to be contentious should Bomber or the like be used as a guest for Josh Grajczonek or Nicolai Klindt (for example) should they get inflated averages from riding against the NL guys so regularly..

• Like 1

What's all this "we" business?

You mean you haven't read rule 17.6?

17.6 FACILITIES

a) Absent Rider (1–5) G or ARR

b.) “No Facility” for Absent 1-5 PL G (PL MA of 6.00 or less)

c) Absent #6 or #7 G (FTDP Rider only)

If a Replacement PL Rider also has a current EL MA then the higher of the MA’s will dictate the eligibility

Edited by John Leslie

In tonight's Leicester V wolves fixture, Wolves have drafted in Chris Harris as a guest for Piotr Pawlicki, who is second in the averages. Last season this would have been impossible as guests were only allowed for your number one, and r/r would have to have been used.

Thoughts? Good or bad for the sport? Personally I don't like it as guest are a bane of the sport. We virtually sealed it up but now it looks like the can of worms could be open again.

So who is guesting for Bees tonight in place of Bomber? Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 2

What's all this "we" business?You mean you haven't read rule 17.6?17.6 FACILITIESa) Absent Rider (1–5) G or ARRb.) “No Facility” for Absent 1-5 PL G (PL MA of 6.00 or less)c) Absent #6 or #7 G (FTDP Rider only)If a Replacement PL Rider also has a current EL MA then the higher of the MA’s will dictate the eligibility

Simples isn't it.

Wolves aren't racing at Leicester tonight, its Saturday. Don`t let facts get in the way of a chance to have a go at Wolves tho.

Hate guests, but unfortunately they are part and parcel of the Sport these days. and lets face it even more important now when you cant include reserves as equal team members.

I have no idea if the rules have changed, but nothing surprises me about Speedway and its rules.

As already pointed out, this is totally open to abuse within the rules.

we have heatleaders who could be averaging 5 points due to the race format. Then we have second strings who could be averaging 6 for the same reason. Consequently, you'll get injured riders of second string standard being replaced by heat leader standard riders with a lower average.

It should be a guest for number ones and number ones only.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

Good idea in theory as I detest R/R but unfortunately I can see it being exploited and there being even more horses-for-courses ringers popping up to replace 'injured' riders.

• Like 1

Wolves aren't racing at Leicester tonight, its Saturday. Don`t let facts get in the way of a chance to have a go at Wolves tho.

What on earth are you on about? Where have I had a go at Wolves?

Good idea in theory as I detest R/R but unfortunately I can see it being exploited and there being even more horses-for-courses ringers popping up to replace 'injured' riders.

Plus the thought of some low average heat leader guesting for an inflated 2nd string, the mind boggles of all the doors opening for deception.

Sometime I think rules are purposely included for their deception values.

I've always been of the impression, rules are included before looking at all the implications........

Wonder what the line-ups eventually turn out to be for tomorrows Eagles v Brummies?

It's unclear (or is it just me?) who takes priority - EL, PL, NL?

1 day to go & nothing official - is this really good enough & have the changes moved speedway on?

(That's enough questions for one post).

Edited by Guest

What on earth are you on about?

What on earth are YOU on about? Harris rides for Bees tonight!!!

• Like 1

What on earth are YOU on about? Harris rides for Bees tonight!!!

if anyone turns up tonight they will be very lonely. The fixture is tomorrow