British Speedway Forum
Tsunami

Newcastle Diamonds V Redcar Bears - 6.30pm Sun 30th, 2014 Lc 1st Leg

If you are willing to complain you must feel that you can do better, you should have a go then :D

If you've paid to go in you expect a better effort than that and better presentation. I doubt members of the public could have done much worse than some of Redcar's "professionals."
  • Like 1

If you've paid to go in you expect a better effort than that and better presentation. I doubt members of the public could have done much worse than some of Redcar's "professionals."

In what respect?

Before the meeting started Roy kept fans updated to what was happening and did the toss of the coin and during the breaks he interviewed riders from both sides.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the Meeting last night (apart from the cold). I agree that it took too long to run the Meeting - but - with injuries to fallen Riders you cannot be too careful I suppose.

I would like to congratulate BOTH Teams - and particularly the Track Staff - I think they did a great job getting the Track in to a Raceable state. Times for most Races were not far off normal.

Newcastle Riders all did well and well done to Lewis Kerr on his Paid Maximum - let's hope there are many more to come.

For Redcar - I thought Lawson looked good when in front but the Rider who impressed me most was the one lots of Redcar Supporters seem to complain about - Carl Wilkinson. His never say die, 100% efforts were much appreciated as he contributed hugely to the entertainment on the Track.

I know great effort from Wilko, only fell off twice :rofl: - well done Carl! Giving those new kevlars a testing early on!

• Like 3

I know great effort from Wilko, only fell off twice :rofl: - well done Carl! Giving those new kevlars a testing early

It's quite funny I said to my dad before the meeting started Wilko would be the first one off and he proved me right lol (thankfully he didn't get injured) Can't fault his commitment though and he actually got better as the meeting went on, great pass on rosen to win heat 11

I don't think you realise how tough speedway actually is, I ride about once a week and not even at the level of these guys and your busy all the time.

I don't think you realise how tough speedway actually is, I ride about once a week and not even at the level of these guys and your busy all the time.

you got you're own bike or use Dave's?

Good to see the Diamonds triumph on Sunday. The bears look to have problems{am I the only one to think that Summers has reached his final level} Our overall performance bode well for the coming season with young Rose seeming to getting the hang of our tighter circuit. Another effective pick from our management methinks.

• Like 1

It's quite funny I said to my dad before the meeting started Wilko would be the first one off and he proved me right lol (thankfully he didn't get injured) Can't fault his commitment though and he actually got better as the meeting went on, great pass on rosen to win heat 11

I might have fell twice . Just so happens I was in heat 1 also hendry 90% got off the bike in heat one with finger tips holding him on . Then blow me people fall in heat 2 . ......etc etc . Also might add I think from who was there I was the only one trying to save face and get stuck in . Gona be a looooooong season I think . Saying that I did my average both meetings the only one of the only riders that did .

• Like 4

I might have fell twice . Just so happens I was in heat 1 also hendry 90% got off the bike in heat one with finger tips holding him on . Then blow me people fall in heat 2 . ......etc etc . Also might add I think from who was there I was the only one trying to save face and get stuck in . Gona be a looooooong season I think . Saying that I did my average both meetings the only one of the only riders that did .

bit harsh on your team mates that wilko... Maybe true but you shouldn't really post it IMO.... It's Asking for trouble??

Fair play for coming on and responding. You are good to watch and always give 100% can't fault your commitment, you just fall off a lot.

Apart from Lawson you mean

you got you're own bike or use Dave's?

What?

The question is quite a simple one. Do you ride your own machine, or do you use one of the Training School bikes?

The question is quite a simple one. Do you ride your own machine, or do you use one of the Training School bikes?

Ohh right, I was confused by the question because I wasn't sure who Dave was (Edited: I know training school Dave just wasn't sure the Dave that was referred to in this question.)

I have three bikes of my own but I've never ridden at Newcastle before unfortunately :(

Edited by DIAMONDS

Ohh right, I was confused by the question because I wasn't sure who Dave was (Edited: I know training school Dave just wasn't sure the Dave that was referred to in this question.)

I have three bikes of my own but I've never ridden at Newcastle before unfortunately :(

Just PM'd you. (Before you Edited your post!!!).

Edited by The Abbott

bit harsh on your team mates that wilko... Maybe true but you shouldn't really post it IMO.... It's Asking for trouble??