Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pirate Nick

Leicester V Wolves

When you sign up, do you need money in your account to watch the meeting?

Cheers

Nick,opened an account yesterday so i could watch the meeting tonight,and paid a £10 deposit to open it up.

But am i right in thinking that i need to wait for my postal verification code(allow 3 days) before i can place a bet.

Nick,opened an account yesterday so i could watch the meeting tonight,and paid a £10 deposit to open it up.

But am i right in thinking that i need to wait for my postal verification code(allow 3 days) before i can place a bet.

If you have a debit card you should be able to bet straight away.

If you have a debit card you should be able to bet straight away.

Used Paypal for my deposit,feel safer with that.

• Like 1

Used Paypal for my deposit,feel safer with that.

So rather than pay by debit card from your bank to an international bookie. You'd like to pay by card to a company that can do what the hell it likes with your money and card details as it's not a financial institute? Paypal are unscrupulous, thieving gits - rather than feeling safer paying via paypal you should feel safer not using them.

Does speedway show up in live streaming as it gets nearer as cant see it anywhere at the moment and have deposited the money?

So rather than pay by debit card from your bank to an international bookie. You'd like to pay by card to a company that can do what the hell it likes with your money and card details as it's not a financial institute? Paypal are unscrupulous, thieving gits - rather than feeling safer paying via paypal you should feel safer not using them.

Precisely.

It really is staggering how misinformed people are. More often than not it's those who are going out of there way to be 'safe' that end up being conned.

There's more chance of you being mugged when going to the bank than losing money in an online transaction.

• Like 1

Does speedway show up in live streaming as it gets nearer as cant see it anywhere at the moment and have deposited the money?

It might not show until they put the prices up which is usually between 4 and 5pm

Precisely.

It really is staggering how misinformed people are. More often than not it's those who are going out of there way to be 'safe' that end up being conned.

There's more chance of you being mugged when going to the bank than losing money in an online transaction.

That is what the banks said about the security of cash machines. Just ring up bet365, they will accept your debit card details over the phone.

Edited by A ORLOV

Just ring up bet365, they will accept your debit card details over the phone.

:rofl:

This makes me laugh even more. A far more unsecure way.

Edited by BWitcher

It might not show until they put the prices up which is usually between 4 and 5pm

Thanks. X

:rofl:

This makes me laugh even more. A far more unsecure way.

Tell that to the computer hackers, they are having the laugh.

Tell that to the computer hackers, they are having the laugh.

You seem very oblivious to how things work. When you give your details 'over the phone' what do you think they do with them? Pop down the bank with a piece of paper? No, they key them straight into the same computer system that you would be keying into yourself.

It makes no difference at all.

Most 'cons' are achieved through precisely this kind of method. People giving their details away in an unsecure way, either over the phone, or by emailing them.

What the conmen play on is lack of knowledge, folk like yourself are their prime targets.

• Like 1

You seem very oblivious to how things work. When you give your details 'over the phone' what do you think they do with them? Pop down the bank with a piece of paper? No, they key them straight into the same computer system that you would be keying into yourself.

It makes no difference at all.

Actually no. You're telling a minimum waged member of staff your details for him/her to put into that system. If they want, they can write down said details on a piece of paper, go home and pay for there holiday to Vegas on your card.

Any transaction that uses people is far more insecure than one that doesn't use people/3rd parties.

Did you know Paypal can, and do, close down accounts without reason and confiscate all your money? They just have to think your account is suspicious. Nothing you can do to stop them as they are not regulated. It's like asking big Dave in the corner to take your cash to the bank for you. He may do it for 100s of people just fine but he's only got to nick 1 person money because he "thinks you're a bit dodgy".