Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pirate Nick

Leicester V Wolves

Actually no. You're telling a minimum waged member of staff your details for him/her to put into that system. If they want, they can write down said details on a piece of paper, go home and pay for there holiday to Vegas on your card.

Any transaction that uses people is far more insecure than one that doesn't use people/3rd parties.

Did you know Paypal can, and do, close down accounts without reason and confiscate all your money? They just have to think your account is suspicious. Nothing you can do to stop them as they are not regulated. It's like asking big Dave in the corner to take your cash to the bank for you. He may do it for 100s of people just fine but he's only got to nick 1 person money because he "thinks you're a bit dodgy".

You are correct, I didn't want to scare him too much. :)

As you say, it is far far more insecure. Most financial cons involve getting people to call in and give their details because they think 'its safer'.

You seem very oblivious to how things work. When you give your details 'over the phone' what do you think they do with them? Pop down the bank with a piece of paper? No, they key them straight into the same computer system that you would be keying into yourself.

Well actually over the phone it's more likely that you give your details to some part-time telephone monkey who writes it down on a bit of paper to give to the input monkey who types it into the same computer system that you would use yourself, and then throws the paper with your card details into the bin

• Like 1

Precisely.

It really is staggering how misinformed people are. More often than not it's those who are going out of there way to be 'safe' that end up being conned.

There's more chance of you being mugged when going to the bank than losing money in an online transaction.

Never a problem with Paypal on E-bay.

Used them from year dot,so dont see the need to change my habits now.

You seem very oblivious to how things work. When you give your details 'over the phone' what do you think they do with them? Pop down the bank with a piece of paper? No, they key them straight into the same computer system that you would be keying into yourself.

It makes no difference at all.

Most 'cons' are achieved through precisely this kind of method. People giving their details away in an unsecure way, either over the phone, or by emailing them.

What the conmen play on is lack of knowledge, folk like yourself are their prime targets.

I have employed people who could hack into computer systems so I know what they are capable of doing, I used them to set up methods to reduce airline ticket fraud, so I think I know about computer fraud methods. The system developed was used by many airlines.

By paying paypal cash or using ukcash you are eliminating any computer link. The second weakest is giving debit card details over the phone, the third is putting your details on your computer system.

If you put your debit card details into your computer, that is probably more easily hackable than the system bet365 has.

If you do give bank or card details to bet365 of course they put it on their computer to collect it. By paying cash you eliminate any fraud possibility.

Edited by A ORLOV

I have employed people who could hack into computer systems so I know what they are capable of doing, I used them to set up methods to reduce airline ticket fraud, so I think I know about computer fraud methods. The system developed was used by many airlines.

By paying paypal cash or using ukcash you are eliminating any computer link. The second weakest is giving debit card details over the phone, the third is putting your details on your computer system.

If you put your debit card details into your computer, that is probably more easily hackable than the system bet365 has.

If you do give bank or card details to bet365 of course they put it on their computer to collect it. By paying cash you eliminate any fraud possibility.

You have to love someone who in making a complete and utter fool of themselves still continues the argument professing to be some kind of 'expert' on the subject.

Hilarious.

Never a problem with Paypal on E-bay.

Used them from year dot,so dont see the need to change my habits now.

Some folk have never had their car stolen, despite leaving their door open constantly, doesn't mean it's a wise course of action.

• Like 1

People getting bit carried away here. Whatever way you deposit is pretty safe with these firms, do you realise how big Bet365 are?!

Min deposit is a fiver and you only need 1p in your account to watch streams on there.

Just enjoy having pics at last.

• Like 2

Stupid question probably but do you have to bet to watch and where will I have to go on the bet365 website to watch?

Edited by FrankThePug

Stupid question probably but do you have to bet to watch and where will I have to go on the bet365 website to watch?

You don't have to bet. You just have to have at least £5 in your account. Then you log on to your account, click the live streaming tab, and you can scroll down the list to 19.30hrs and select Leicester v Wolves

is there anyway to make the stream bigger

No. Can only watch half a screen if you can even call it half that is

is there anyway to make the stream bigger

Make your screen resolution smaller so it takes up more of the screen is a cludgy way.

watching the live stream and already the Leicester announcer has fallen for the old Drew Peacock gag.

Can someone phone in a birthday request for Hugh Janus?

• Like 1

Lighting not great at Leicester, hard to see riders on back straight

Make your screen resolution smaller so it takes up more of the screen is a cludgy way.

Or you can use the magnifier feature of windows to zoom in on the stream window.
  • Like 1