British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Edinburgh , Blow Up Fence Challenge 2nd Leg . Sun March 30th 2014 @3p.m.

So the Monarchs bring a 14 point lead along the M8 from Smugville . Not sure if you still get the big spring in the plank of wood for winning this , or a blow up model with a strange facial expression .

Anyway 14 points to peg back is doable if we have blown all the cobwebs away after our opening two fixtures . These were the line ups in Smugville last night , so i presume we'll stick to it .

Glasgow Smugbusters Tigers

1 Kevin Wolbert

2 Mark Lemon

3 Theo " thank god i'm a Tiger again " Pijper

4 Dimitri Berge

5 Rusty Harrison

6 Kasper Lykke Nielsen

7 Anders Thomsen

THEM

1 The Blessed Cookie

2 Samantha Fox

3 The Golden Child

4 Desperate Deek

5 Sam " i guested for the Tigers once "Masters

6 Justin " so did i " Sedgmen

7 The lesser Worrall

Presumably the ref will either be the Grand Monarch or his apprentice and hopefully we do what we did last night and gave all the riders , even Samantha , their programmed rides .

Prediction , Glasgow 60 THEM 30 .

• Like 3

Tiggers to actual win a match but to lose on Agg. I presume there will be no changes and everyone will get their programmed rides

So the Monarchs bring a 14 point lead along the M8 from Smugville . Not sure if you still get the big spring in the plank of wood for winning this , or a blow up model with a strange facial expression .

Anyway 14 points to peg back is doable if we have blown all the cobwebs away after our opening two fixtures . These were the line ups in Smugville last night , so i presume we'll stick to it .

Glasgow Smugbusters Tigers

1 Kevin Wolbert

2 Mark Lemon

3 Theo " thank god i'm a Tiger again " Pijper

4 Dimitri Berge

5 Rusty Harrison

6 Kasper Lykke Nielsen

7 Anders Thomsen

THEM

1 The Blessed Cookie

2 Samantha Fox

3 The Golden Child

4 Desperate Deek

5 Sam " i guested for the Tigers once "Masters

6 Justin " so did i " Sedgmen

7 The lesser Worrall

Presumably the ref will either be the Grand Monarch or his apprentice and hopefully we do what we did last night and gave all the riders , even Samantha , their programmed rides .

Prediction , Glasgow 60 THEM 30 .

Hey! Paul, whats this about blowing up the fence, you've only just got it :t::drink::drink:

• Like 1

Hey! Paul, whats this about blowing up the fence, you've only just got it :t::drink::drink:

Hard work with the old foot pump though :wink:

Hard work with the old foot pump though :wink:

Could lend you a couple of Berwick fans, plenty of wind from some. Kenny Tait could probably inflate it with on of his gasps :D

• Like 1

Could lend you a couple of Berwick fans, plenty of wind from some. Kenny Tait could probably inflate it with on of his gasps :D

would give all our ears a break from that megaphone if you did :P

Think it's time Glasgow ditched Survivors "Eye of the Tiger" and replaced it with Katy Perrys "Roar"

• Like 1

Close win for the Tigs as the Tigs reserves should just scrape them the match,interesting to see how Berge n Samantha get on.

Hope the sun doesn't affect the track and everyone has an exciting and safe time.

• Like 1

Close win for the Tigs as the Tigs reserves should just scrape them the match,interesting to see how Berge n Samantha get on.

Hope the sun doesn't affect the track and everyone has an exciting and safe time.

Now that's a new one haven't heard that one before :o .

• Like 1

Cold , overcast , but dry . Should be no problems weatherwise , but wrap up well folks

• Like 2

Calling Agent Wolbert, Calling Agent Wolbert..... Tigs 43, Mons 47

Bit of a surprise, Glasgow's top end not at its best, Cookie & Stevie Worrall flying.

Heard the wheelies at the end were special.

Edited by Dekker

No surprise to me, Embra look a very useful side once again. Can see Worrall having a very good year in all three leagues and Cook should average over eleven with bonuses, won't drop many points at all home or away.

Very enjoyable meeting today.

Some really good racing and some magnificent passing and first turn cutbacks.

Any truth in the rumour that Glasgow are changing their name to the Glasgow Whales?

Because they're often humped.

:-)

Didn't expect us to wim today but i suppose some things never change another monarchs win at ashfeild! :approve::approve::approve:

Wolbert - poor

Berge - got better as the meeting went on

Harrison - rolled back the years today. with some great riding

Lemon - Average

Pijper - didn't have his best meeting

Lykke - done what he was signed to do

Thomsen - can't gate t save himself but trys like a bear and rides the fence. very entertaining

Mighty monarch/team smug

Cook - untouchable

Fox - looked good in his first one until went to wide and got passed then after had bike problems (again) for the rest of the meeting

Max - looked quick tonight and even made a couple of gates

Deek - had a stinker. mainly down to having bike problems all afternoon

Masters - very good back up to Cookie this afternoon looked quick in all his races and great first turn in 15

Sedgmen - looked a bit down on pace today apart from the race he won

Worrall - fantastic didn't look like getting beat today very quick out of the starts. Unlucky to lose out on his maximum to thomsen on the ling but was a great pass by the dane. Could be the trump card for us this year if he keeps going like that. But on a sour note he wrecked his bike after the race when he crashed into the fence.

Was actual some good racing today (i know shock) Harrisons pass around the outside on bends 3/4 on Max and Justin was superb Max looked to his left and didn't realise Rusty was on his outside and by the time he did it was to late. then thomsen on Sedgmen same bend last lap to take third riding around the fence another great ride. the race with Worrall and thomsen was another great race thomsen hunting worrall down for 4 laps then getting him on the run to the line to take the win.

Very enjoyable afternoon at ashfeild hopefully more of the same on our next visit. :t:

Edited by Mr Blobby