British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

The Draft

The important thing is that the promoters will have the list!!! :t:

Yes, but do they all have THE same list?

• Like 2

The important thing is that the promoters will have the list!!! :t:

The list? or their own list ?

As with all rules there should no doubt in any one minds what is right and what is wrong. By publicising the draft list, would eliminate any issues regarding replacement draft riders and everyone would know the correct procedure. Keeping the list a secret, enables certain people to flaunt the rules.

I am certain the people in power, do this deliberately to create loopholes for those who wish to seek them. It's like this new rule enabling guests to be used for riders 1 to 5. This is alright providing all the promoters are genuine people, who put the sport first. But how long will it be before we see the rule abused and replacement riders are used as guest on a horses for courses basis. It is because of this situation people will look at all guests and wonder if this rule is being abused or what........

Not a good rule to generate interest into the sport, but a brilliant one for those looking to abuse the system..........

Edited by GRW123

If he's in the draft, no probs. If he's a guest, you don't know the circumstances and is hardly worth worrying about.

As I say "a fuss about nowt', especially after wizzer's post.

There are bigger issues in life and speedway than this. Move on.

Typical blinkered attitude.

Wizzers post has cleared up absolutely nothing. In fact its just made it worse. In a sport riddled with corruption allegations the rules should be laid out quite clearly for all to see, including the fans.

There is not one single negative from the list of draft riders being made available, so why don't they?

• Like 1

I would envisage that IF / WHEN the draft list is known by all then we'd have 89 pages or so on this and similar forums arguing whether certain riders should be on it or not and the order they'd been placed in! :wink:

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 2

I would envisage that IF / WHEN the draft list is known by all then we'd have 89 pages or so on this and similar forums arguing whether certain riders should be on it or not and the order they'd been placed in! :wink:

Oh how terrible for the fans of the sport to enjoy discussing it.

Or of course they could simply adopt the attitude, again, of let's keep our paying customers in the dark, see if we can annoy a few more into not going anymore, after all, its one of the few things we've consistently done well over the years!

The BSPA have thus far managed this scheme pretty well. We had the 'live' coverage of the draft via the BSPA tweets, the initial list and rankings were published. Why the sudden secrecy now?

• Like 2

Wright would be a handy guest if one was needed

He would, but he can only replace riders above him on the list.
  • Like 1

The full revised draft list is now listed at the end of the EL green sheet averages.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/14issues/el_issue3.pdf

No congratulations from the Witcher, I see.

• Like 1

No congratulations from the Witcher, I see.

i don't get congratulated for doing the fundamentals of my job either. in most industries it's considered standard to do a job with a decent degree of competence, and people don't expect platitudes unless they are going above and beyond or doing an exceptional job.

But well done to the BSPA anyway.

i don't get congratulated for doing the fundamentals of my job either. in most industries it's considered standard to do a job with a decent degree of competence, and people don't expect platitudes unless they are going above and beyond or doing an exceptional job.

But well done to the BSPA anyway.

Yep I agree.

BW was quick to condemn the BSPA for not publishing the list to his timing, but it seems BW is not man enough the acknowledge that they were in the process of doing it.

• Like 1

Yep I agree.

BW was quick to condemn the BSPA for not publishing the list to his timing, but it seems BW is not man enough the acknowledge that they were in the process of doing it.

Trying to dig yourself out of a hole again are we?

You made a fool of yourself by trying to claim that the list meant nothing. Clearly the BSPA didn't fall in line with your way of thinking, as funnily enough the list popped up once there was an outcry.

Fair play to them for doing that, now is clear for everyone to see and there should be no issues moving forwards.

My humblest apologies for not checking back in on the thread sooner.

As for not 'acknowledging' they were in the process of doing it. Its about a 30 second job, if that to add a list, onto a website so hardly an excuse.

The only person who needs to 'man up' on this thread is yourself by admitting that you were wrong and the list is important after all.. hence the BSPA publishing it.

Edited by BWitcher