British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Swindon V Coventry 3/4/14

Well we'll probably get to hear on the day of the meeting! It was interesting to read that Rosco got caught out in guest selection for Worrall at Lakeside because he didn't give two months notice, even though he would have known about Worralll's absence a long time ago when the fixtures confirmed that Edinburgh had a challenge match on Friday!

• Like 1

Why ride on a date that two of the top riders are missing. Short changing the public again

That's what the GP Series does to British Speedway!

Why ride on a date that two of the top riders are missing. Short changing the public again

Bear in mind that when fixtures were done Batchelor wasn't a GP rider

Doyle can only ride for Leicester and Leicester only bcant guest and can't do open meetings

Who knows what guests can ride, or if Jason can ride for us or not. With Bombers average the options for Coventry do seem limited. On the green sheets you have two lots of averages for many riders, no idea which one they use.

If you look again at the green sheets the A B C for the riders averages is clearly explained at the top of the page.

Doyle can only ride for Leicester and Leicester only bcant guest and can't do open meetings

The general rule for a tier 5 visa gives permission for an additional maximum of 20 hours riding for a 'non-sponsoring club' as long as its at a similar (not lower) standard!!

• Like 2

Bear in mind that when fixtures were done Batchelor wasn't a GP rider

and i dont think harris was either? both late enmtries

As the 5% + is for the home team only -I doubt it.

Isn't the 5% only for home team?

Yes that's true.

Would rather have Doyley if he's available.

Doyle cant guest under the new 5 tier Visa ruling.

Yeah sorry I forgot about Doyley not being able to guest so if Mads is ok after his crash with Tai then get him in.

That said we can get a rider with a higher average as well but surely we won't go down the r/r route with it being Simon & Nicolai's first home meeting.

Given "The Home Team must notify their Opponents of the Team Line-Up at least 5 days before the Meeting I assume the identity of Swindon's guest or R/R must be known.

Given "The Home Team must notify their Opponents of the Team Line-Up at least 5 days before the Meeting I assume the identity of Swindon's guest or R/R must be known.

Not necessarily as they can just name Batchelor-however the guest or R/R would have to be in that position in the team.

The question for Coventry is do they use r/r giving Hans & Howarth extra riders as they go well at Swindon or would a guest like Bech be better?