British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Swindon V Coventry 3/4/14

Interesting that it might come down to Eastbourne riders how a meeting between Swindon & Coventry ends up.

Interesting that it might come down to Eastbourne riders how a meeting between Swindon & Coventry ends up.

I'm really not a fan of guests, I prefer R/R even though it makes a meeting longer. At least its your own riders then and not relying on a rival so to speak.

• Like 1

I think R/R would make the Bees stronger in this one than Woodward.

The old format maybe but not so sure with the new format. Id say we would be stronger with Woodward than R/R.

I note that everyone seems to assume Bomber would be brilliant and get us maximum points. I reserve judgement about Bomber until I see evidence that he will not be mediocre.

• Like 2

I note that everyone seems to assume Bomber would be brilliant and get us maximum points. I reserve judgement about Bomber until I see evidence that he will not be mediocre.

Never seen Bomber mediocre as Blunsdon ever.

Never seen Bomber mediocre as Blunsdon ever.

Well -- despite the fact that he has a huge following at Brandon -- mediocre has at times been an understatement. I hope to see the dynamic,gutsy and exciting rider return. I will be the first to applaud him if this proves to be the case.

Harris has certainly started well this season in the open meetings (maybe one average one) and when guesting for Wolves.

• Like 1

When Eastbourne were here last year Bjarne scored 6 and Woodward 10. I hope I am wrong but I think Coventry have the better guest.

Pedalo can be hit and miss so just hope this is a good meeting for him and Swindon.

Edited by A ORLOV

This isn't a fixture that you predict easily...just the way it should be :t:

Looking forward to seeing Steve Worrall, bearing in his mind his recent scores..

• Like 1

Pedalo can be hit and miss so just hope this is a good meeting for him and Swindon.

Pedersen scored 32 points in two meetings two years ago for Birmingham. Think he won Kilby's testimonial meeting the same year and was on the rostrum in the ELRC at the end of the same season.

I reckon he's an excellent choice and probably the best guest for Batch we could have got. Unless of course he's had a chat with Ford.... ;)....only kidding now...

• Like 1

Pedersen scored 32 points in two meetings two years ago for Birmingham. Think he won Kilby's testimonial meeting the same year and was on the rostrum in the ELRC at the end of the same season.

I reckon he's an excellent choice and probably the best guest for Batch we could have got. Unless of course he's had a chat with Ford.... ;)....only kidding now...

Agree for that year but last year scored 6 from 4 rides at Swindon, hence the hit and miss.

Steve Worrall had another good night tonight against Coventry Storm 11 from 5 rides, Darryl riding for Coventry scored 5+1 from 4.

Nick Morris had a mare at Peterborough scoring 5+2 from 5 rides.

Edited by A ORLOV