British Speedway Forum
Sophies Mate

Eastbourne V Leicester 5th April

Looking forward to welcoming Leicester on Saturday night, think this meeting will be closer than last weeks against Birmingham especially with Doyley in their side. He always rides well round Arlington and always has been a great guest for us in the past - would have liked to seen him in Eastbournes side this year.

Great news that theres a few fans coming down by coach hope we can get one going when we're up there later in April.

I hope the weather stays fine for this fixture, leicester's first visit to Arlington since 1983!

Good to see alot of interest in this thread ...........

Can't speak for Eastbourne but a lot of Leicester fans don't post on here.

Should be a comfortable home win again. Doyle has done well at Eastbourne in the past and is the main threat, but he can't do it alone. From memory, Hougaard and Stead have not performed well at Arlington in the last few years and may well come under pressure from Lewis Blackbird and Dan Halsey.

Should be a comfortable home win again. Doyle has done well at Eastbourne in the past and is the main threat, but he can't do it alone. From memory, Hougaard and Stead have not performed well at Arlington in the last few years and may well come under pressure from Lewis Blackbird and Dan Halsey.

Hope so! Yes Doyle has done well here, Hougaard is dire round Arlington, although I'm sure a certain poster will disagree with me .......

Hougaard wont meet Blackbird or Halsey and as bad as Stead is he should have the nous to beat Halsey anywhere

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Update site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile phone number.

Thanks

Still need a texter...anyone?

Hougaard wont meet Blackbird or Halsey and as bad as Stead is he should have the nous to beat Halsey anywhere

Oops, you're correct, I didn't check the averages but assumed that Ljung (ex GP rider?) had a higher average that Hougaard.

hougaard is pants round Arlington , expect a huge win for eastie

Couldn't have put it better myself probably find that tonight he will prove us all wrong !! Hope not though!

You can always expect a lot of loyal Lions fans travelling to away meetings, you'll have some great banter with them tonight.