British Speedway Forum
Sophies Mate

Eastbourne V Leicester 5th April

I think Leicester need to look at changing riding order and some of there riders if they can find some not going to get any easer.

Thought some of the Lions showed spirit last night. Hats off to Jason Doyle for putting on a show and not drifting out to push Woodward, Michelsen & Pedersen into the fence when they went round him, He rode very clean races and went up several notches in my respect chart, Peter Ljung surprised me and was a real trier whilst Mads was his usu8al self looking good in front but a bit lost behind. Tom Perry does look a good prospect particularly on his first visit here.

The problems are the other two. Hougard after flying the gate in his first ride then went back to his old ways and showed nothing whilst Stead was just hopeless. Picked up 4 points from the reserves and that's all.

If Leicester make a quick change and bring in Linus Sundstrum and a proven 4+ pointer instead of these two I think they would be very competitive.

• Like 3

I've always liked Simon Stead but I don't think Leicester is the kind of track he will ride well as he is more of a racer than gater. Hoping to be proved wrong though.

At the meeting Hougaard was excluded on the 2 mins as his bike packed up at the start. The manager considered his options one was to put Hougaard off 15 mtrs. What would the other have been? as it was a HL ht and reserves wouldn't have been an option. Does anyone know? Hougaard went off 15 mtrs so we never got to find out what the other one was.

Thought some of the Lions showed spirit last night. Hats off to Jason Doyle for putting on a show and not drifting out to push Woodward, Michelsen & Pedersen into the fence when they went round him, He rode very clean races and went up several notches in my respect chart, Peter Ljung surprised me and was a real trier whilst Mads was his usu8al self looking good in front but a bit lost behind. Tom Perry does look a good prospect particularly on his first visit here.

The problems are the other two. Hougard after flying the gate in his first ride then went back to his old ways and showed nothing whilst Stead was just hopeless. Picked up 4 points from the reserves and that's all.

If Leicester make a quick change and bring in Linus Sundstrum and a proven 4+ pointer instead of these two I think they would be very competitive.

No thanks. Happy with our team. Constant changes have never worked in the passed just want this team to gel and perform to the best of their ability the season is still young.