British Speedway Forum
Vincent Vega

Birmingham V Lakeside April 2 El (a)

Feel for Alan Phillips, but you can't win a match with no recognised heat leaders and neither can you expect supporters to pay in any great numbers to watch such a poor team, it's going to be a long season for the dwindling support base.

• Like 2

Feel for Alan Phillips, but you can't win a match with no recognised heat leaders and neither can you expect supporters to pay in any great numbers to watch such a poor team, it's going to be a long season for the dwindling support base.

true, and when those 'heat leaders' get 13 off 13 rides (including a tac) then you have absolutely no chance at all..

Pleased to see the Hammers take 4 points but gutted for the Brum fans. They deserve better than this. No excuse for heatleaders King and Kennett getting 4 points between them. Danny will recover but one has to wonder where Kennett's career goes from here.

• Like 2

Bring back Joe!

• Like 1

Pleased to see the Hammers take 4 points but gutted for the Brum fans. They deserve better than this. No excuse for heatleaders King and Kennett getting 4 points between them. Danny will recover but one has to wonder where Kennett's career goes from here.

But even King will be mediocre at best. I hate to say it, but there is no way Birmingham will see out the season with this side.
  • Like 4

Feel for Alan Phillips,..

Very true. He's just bought into speedway as the BSPA plunge the sport into a nosedive. Reminds me of that Volkswagen advert, with the the man who put a million on black, and it came up red.... the man who married a Sex Kitten, just as she turned into a cat... the man who moved into gold, just as the clever money moved out, blah blah, I hope Alan Philips buys himself a VW Golf GTI - If only everything was as reliable as a Volkswagen.

Interesting that Philips said recently

“This is the best atmosphere I’ve known at the club since I arrived here. Yes, we’ve suffered a couple of defeats but they were at two of the toughest places in the league – Wolverhampton and Eastbourne."

Happy team it might be but it's clear the supporters are not.

• Like 2

God help them when Kings Lynn go there, they might take a few points off Porsing, but that'll be it

A right good pasting. My updates didn't do the Hammers justice, quick out of the gate and solid once in front.

The Brummies were slow, woeful and gutless.

Roll on the Bees who will double the crowd when they turn up.

Hammers fans, you have a real gem in Bech.

• Like 1

Feel for the Brummie fans, your team reminds me of the Aces of 2007. I sincerely hope the fans back the team.

• Like 1

How can anyone feel sorry for Phillips? He put this side together along with Dury. As soon as it was announced the World & it's wife said it was an absolute abysmal team. I believe Birmingham only held it together last season because of Phil Morris's enthusiasm for the sport.

As harsh as it sounds, the Birmingham management only have themselves to blame. Clueless is the only word to describe the way they're running the club.

The only people to feel sorry for are the fans

• Like 1

And therein lies the problem, Kennett is not an EL Heat Leader, neither is King an EL Number One. Ellis and Bech really impressive tonight.

• Like 1

How can anyone feel sorry for Phillips? He put this side together along with Dury. As soon as it was announced the World & it's wife said it was an absolute abysmal team. I believe Birmingham only held it together last season because of Phil Morris's enthusiasm for the sport.

As harsh as it sounds, the Birmingham management only have themselves to blame. Clueless is the only word to describe the way they're running the club.

The only people to feel sorry for are the fans

Clueless or penniless?

• Like 2

It was painful to watch the Brummies tonight. Crowd appeared on par with the latter premier league days.

But, it was speedway and glad it's still in birmingham.

Well done lakeside.. :)

• Like 4

I hate to say it, but there is no way Birmingham will see out the season with this side.

You could be right. On this showing, I would say it will be all over by the end of June, if not sooner.