British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
trophykid

Camping At Thruxton Bsb

Has anyone ever camped at the Thruxton circuit? Is it worthwhile or is there somewhere nearby that is better? Any advice greatly received.

Has anyone ever camped at the Thruxton circuit? Is it worthwhile or is there somewhere nearby that is better? Any advice greatly received.

Dear Friend Burrito,

I was mortified to discover that nobody had taken the time and trouble to answer your cry for help - you must be devastated!

Anyway, now that I have finally escaped from the electronic ankle tag of moderation, I must seek out those posters who have been neglected by the rest of this community and allow them to benefit from the kaleidoscope of my life's experiences.

You, my friend, will be the first beneficiary of my generosity of spirit.

Now I am not a great expert in depraved behaviours but I have consulted my dear friend, Umberto and he tells me that camping it up in the Thruxton area really would not be a good idea. You see, my friend, that Thruxton is in the county of Hampshire. Dear Umberto tells me that Hampshire is a very posh place indeed and the locals might not take kindly to your sort.

Apparently, if you want to camp it up then Canal Street, Manchester is the place for you, dear boy.

You can be camper than a row of pink tents and nobody will bat an eyelid.

And the best news of all is that quite often you will find fellow speedway followers flouncing round the area. I am led to believe that it is not too far from the local speedway arena and as the meetings are more often than not rained-off, some of those rough boys don't feel right going home unless they have had a noisy and dirty experience.

If you are approached by a shifty looking chap who invites you to "Give him an "A"", then I think you could be in line for the Golden Helmet.

Anyway, Burrito, I am sure that you will find my advice invaluable and don't forget - Keep your Pecker Up.

Must dash,

Thumpy

• Like 1