British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Birmingham V Coventry 9/4/14

I think with the extra point we had available we should have signed Pawlicki to go with Hans and not Harris

Steve hasHarris ever been a number 1 rider as we know them

No but has every one keeps telling me he is a GP class rider he should be beating the top riders or are you agreeing with me he is not a top class rider anymore

Harris HAS been in the top 10 of the averages. In a 10 team league that makes you a number 1 pretty much.

I think with the extra point we had available we should have signed Pawlicki to go with Hans and not Harris

No thanks, with doing the GP qualifiers and im assuming the SEC qualifiers (which we wouldnt get a facility for I believe) he would miss far to many meetings. The extra point could come in useful if injures play a part, much more scope for replacements.

Harris HAS been in the top 10 of the averages. In a 10 team league that makes you a number 1 pretty much.

you have just said it has been

He is on a false average but now with the new format if he averages 7 it will be successful. No easy races with reserves for him this year.

With the new format he would struggle to get 8 but if he averages 7 that will be a successful season.

I did some looking around and Harris has the top 2 scores riding in the number 5 position away from home, guesting for Wolves and last night. Away number 5s have struggled so far.

I fail to see why he should or would struggle. I know he is because last year was dreadful and this year so far has been average but he is better than a sub 7 point rider.

Steve hasHarris ever been a number 1 rider as we know them

No but has every one keeps telling me he is a GP class rider he should be beating the top riders or are you agreeing with me he is not a top class rider anymore

The quoted post below answers your question so yes he has.

Depends on your definition of class. When he rides for GB in the World Cup generally is he not a class rider that is quite capable of beating anyone.

He is looking anything but a class rider so far this year but i believe he more than has the ability to get back to where he was in terms of achieving a high EL average.

I thought he had.

Well that was tight, dont want to many of those, all the riders upped there game, got what I expect from kennett two good rides on the night, Barker is a worry, world class in the 5 race, flapping about at the back in the others, needs to get back to the form he has shown over the last couple of years.

Good racing, good night and nail biting finish, so glad we have won at least once and now onto Lakeside, what do you reckon all 4 points and first away win. :party:

See you there people.

Well that was tight, dont want to many of those, all the riders upped there game, got what I expect from kennett two good rides on the night, Barker is a worry, world class in the 5 race, flapping about at the back in the others, needs to get back to the form he has shown over the last couple of years.

Good racing, good night and nail biting finish, so glad we have won at least once and now onto Lakeside, what do you reckon all 4 points and first away win. :party:

See you there people.

Ben doesn't seem to be the dominate force in the Premier League at the moment either that he was in the past.

Probably going the usual way of the Brits - with one or two exceptions - reach a certain level, stagnate and then go backwards into oblivion. :lol:

• Like 1

Did either or both of you go (did anyone go!) how large/small was the crowd in comparison to the disastrous last meeting and last season?

Nor sure if anyone did go seeing as there has been zero response to the crowd question. I noticed Alan Phillips said in the Birmingham Mail ahead of the match “It’s a big night and I would like to see the place packed to show support for the lads. It’s been a tough start but let’s just see if we can turn it around.” I'm guessing he sadly did not get his wish?

Nor sure if anyone did go seeing as there has been zero response to the crowd question. I noticed Alan Phillips said in the Birmingham Mail ahead of the match “It’s a big night and I would like to see the place packed to show support for the lads. It’s been a tough start but let’s just see if we can turn it around.” I'm guessing he sadly did not get his wish?

The crowd wasn't big, but it wasn't small neither, so lets say average. It did appear to be swelled out by quite a few travelling Cov fans.

I'm guessing it would have been about the size of the later years in the premier league, it most certainly wasn't packed out.

I wouldn't have called the place packed. However my guestimate is that it was a better crowd than the previous match against Lakeside which is encouraging.

Edited by guitar_art

Guest GiveusaB

I wouldn't have called the place packed. However my guestimate is that it was a better crowd than the previous match against Lakeside which is encouraging.

It was definitely a bigger crowd than the Lakeside meeting ! I actually had someone standing next to me ! :lol: I'd say there was about 200 more ? It was definitely a better performance also! :cheers:

Just a quick question ?

Have Birmingham replaced Chris Simpson with the guy from Leicester ?

Watched the BET 365 feed twice now & he has been the centre green guy. I must say I prefer the Leicester one to Chris Simpson.

I dare say it will be somewhat bigger for Kings Lynn, now people have seen the side is capable of more than 15 point tonkings.

It was definitely a bigger crowd than the Lakeside meeting ! I actually had someone standing next to me !

See it's good to remember to apply deodorant lol ;)

Joking aside i do hope the fans return although tonight's shocking result, or more accurately shocking (lack of) display from the riders, will not attract many fans. Having said that i put my love of the sport first, then club and then country so i'd never not attend because my team was bottom of the league as i just love watching speedway.

It's a baffling crying shame as isn't the Brimingham track pretty much in the main city area or main part of a suburb and surrounded by good transport links??? (not sure) and it's obviously got a major conurbation population catchment to draw upon.