British Speedway Forum

Having read about Robert Lambert' disillusionment with British speedway/BSPA would it not be an idea for the BSPA to assist financially all riders who qualify for the World rounds.Afterall it fits in with the fast track/draft ethic.

Having read about Robert Lambert' disillusionment with British speedway/BSPA would it not be an idea for the BSPA to assist financially all riders who qualify for the World rounds.Afterall it fits in with the fast track/draft ethic.

It would, and the Draft is a signal that more development aid might come along or at least be considered. The more immediate interest lies in the fact that Lambert has been selected in today's draw for the British u21 final (will he turn up?).

It would, and the Draft is a signal that more development aid might come along or at least be considered. The more immediate interest lies in the fact that Lambert has been selected in today's draw for the British u21 final (will he turn up?).

If he does ride and do very well it would help the case for younger riders, if they show they have the ability, being allowed to ride bikes with 500 cc engines.

• Like 1

If he does ride and do very well it would help the case for younger riders, if they show they have the ability, being allowed to ride bikes with 500 cc engines.

I agree and hope that Robert does go this route and rides in the British championships and represents Britain on the international scene

• Like 1

He did say that he was doing the German u21. If he did would he be allowed to do both? If they are both qualifiers for the World u21, then surely not?

The article in the Star - for which there is a lengthy thread already - is suggesting that Lambert will not contest the British U21s, preferring to honour his German League commitments!!!!

He did say that he was doing the German u21. If he did would he be allowed to do both? If they are both qualifiers for the World u21, then surely not?

Don't see why he wouldn't be allowed to do both.Didn't a couple of youngsters who are living in Germany(The Spiller brothers)compete in the British youth championships and also the german youth championships last season?He has competed in the German U21 championships before and finished 2nd or 3rd in the final and it was ok.It is only a qualifier for the year afters world championships if you fit the requirements.Which i don't think Robert does seeing as the Germans didn't want their coach/manager working too closely with him

Don't see why he wouldn't be allowed to do both.Didn't a couple of youngsters who are living in Germany(The Spiller brothers)compete in the British youth championships and also the german youth championships last season?He has competed in the German U21 championships before and finished 2nd or 3rd in the final and it was ok.It is only a qualifier for the year afters world championships if you fit the requirements.Which i don't think Robert does seeing as the Germans didn't want their coach/manager working too closely with him

It seems its Lambert's own choice not to do the British U21s - which is the point I was making!!

It seems its Lambert's own choice not to do the British U21s - which is the point I was making!!

I understand the point you was making.I was answering another post!!!

It has just been announced by BSPA that he has withdrawn and has been replaced by Ryan Terry Daly. He said he would still like to be considered in 2015 though. Thought RTD was born in New Zealand.

Edited by barrow boy

I think its between Howarth and Garrity (thought that last year and Branford came from nowhere to win it!) Also think Ellis and Morris will be in the final

It has just been announced by BSPA that he has withdrawn and has been replaced by Ryan Terry Daly. He said he would still like to be considered in 2015 though. Though RTD was born in Mew Zealand.

So i guess he doesnt want to be in it for the experience, but to be in it to win it, after all a down the field finishing position wouldnt look good on his CV :wink: .

• Like 1

So i guess he doesnt want to be in it for the experience, but to be in it to win it, after all a down the field finishing position wouldnt look good on his CV :wink: .

Perhaps he feels it will be easier to take the German rather than the British route.

Perhaps he feels it will be easier to take the German rather than the British route.

I doubt he can.Firstly the germans have already selected their riders for this years World U21 qualis as far as i know.Secondly,as the germans have just made their team manager stand down because of his help for Lambert i hardly imagine they will select him next year.

Checked and the 3 germans are Huckenbeck,Maaßen and Härtel,so that is it

Edited by iris123

It has just been announced by BSPA that he has withdrawn and has been replaced by Ryan Terry Daly. He said he would still like to be considered in 2015 though. Though RTD was born in Mew Zealand.

seem to remember a post some months back that he was born in London.