British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Lakeside 9-4-14

This could be a tough one for the Stars

Iversen & Bjerre will surely be suffering jet lag, Robert Lambert comes into this cold & all of the Lakeside team pretty much up to speed already with 4 team meetings under their belts.

Saying all that, can't wait to get our season started

COME ON THE STARS

Looking forward to this immensely, going to be very tough for the reasons you mention and also because Bech, Ellis and Watt have all excelled at Lynn before.

Would take a two point win right now.

Cant forget Lawson either who has been the most impressive rider so far this season IMO, early days of course.

You would hope a practice would be organised for this week at the NA for Schlien/Porsing / Lambert as are all coming into this meeting cold- Kerr and Rose have had some meetings for Newcastle . I hope this is the case .

• Like 1

I wonder if PK will have any hang ups with the Lynn track. Last season wasn't the first time he had copped an unfortunate one there. Think Bech will score well. Will be interesting to see the battle between Ellis and Kerr. Lambert to open his account with. 5 point return.

Go for Lynn by 10

Likely line ups:

Iversen

Porsing

Schlein

Lambert

Bjerre

Rose

Kerr

Karlsson

Lawson

Watt

Bech

Bridger

Ellis

Morley

If we had to hand pick a team to play our first match, Lakeside, sitting at the top of the league would be the last choice. Because of their home track advantage, they would always be in contention for play off places. Now they have assembled a decent team and have hit the road running, this match is going to be difficult. They have quite a few riders that perform well at the NA and will come here with a fair bit of confidence.

We need to hit the ground running, with each rider pulling their weight, only then will we have a chance of success. This is the first of five meetings in 10 days. With Coventry on Friday, followed by Wolves next Monday, before Belle Vue and Birmingham next week, this period will have a big bearing on our position this season.

Fingers crossed we come through with many points on the board..........

I disagree GW, Wednesday gives the Stars the perfect opportunity to put a marker down. If Lynn cannot turn over Lakeside at home then this team has been over hyped. As much as I believe Lynn will improve as the season progresses, the same could be said of the likes of Lakeside with riders such as Bech and Ellis

I think on paper King's Lynn have the beating of any team.

How many other teams have a top 3 that have all been number 1s in last couple of years and also have a strong reserve pairing

I disagree GW, Wednesday gives the Stars the perfect opportunity to put a marker down. If Lynn cannot turn over Lakeside at home then this team has been over hyped. As much as I believe Lynn will improve as the season progresses, the same could be said of the likes of Lakeside with riders such as Bech and Ellis

If we can't turn Lakeside over at home then our team is probably a little rusty and it really wouldn't be the end of the world. And perhaps it would prove that Lakeside are a bit better than a lot of us thought.

It's a big couple of weeks like GRW says, need to come out of it with 8-10 points really.

NKI, KB and Rory have done a good few meetings early doors. The 2 Lewis' have seen plenty of track action with Newcastle and Lynn in Rose's case. Not sure what Porsing and Lambert have been up to. So I don't but into this "Rusty" question

Schlein has done three meetings as far as I'm aware, Porsing one and Lambert none. The two reserves have struggled a bit in their two away PL meetings this week and again tonight and the top two are likely to be at least a little jet lagged. It's going to take a few meetings to get into the swing of things so having the first meeting against a team who have started well and like our track (who doesn't) is less than ideal. Wouldn't use it as an excuse should Lakeside win but it would have to be a factor and certainly wouldn't mean the team was necessarily overhyped or that it was time to push any panic buttons. Poole showed last year that it's how you finish the season which is important, even if you make a poor start.

Edited by Bagpuss

Keep the faith Baggy, I'm sure Lambert has had a skid or two around Saddlebow recently. Wednesday has the makings of being a corker. Looking forward to seeing Bech v each of our top 3. Ellis v Lambert/Rose/Kerr also should be interesting. Something for everyone and a delayed start to get the people in.

Still fancy Lynn by 10

• Like 2

This should be a very good meeting, KL have 3 good heat leaders and two good reserves, Lakeside have two good heat leaders, good 2nd strings and reserves.