British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Lakeside 9-4-14

PK and Lewis wont win a heat against the Stars heat leaders but our second strings Bech and Lawson will outscore the Stars 2 and 4 to keep it quite close.

Vega Verdict: Kings Lynn 48 Lakeside 42

PK and Lewis wont win a heat against the Stars heat leaders but our second strings Bech and Lawson will outscore the Stars 2 and 4 to keep it quite close.

I think Porsing will rack up some tonight, could be a suprise package.

Totally agree about Lewis & PK. Richard & Mikkel will be in the points, and KL reserves will have the edge. Just hope Davey can make the difference - has been going well recently, but a lot to ask tonight

Interesting to see how well Robert Lambert goes - will be very tough for him against 1-5s. Hope he does well, but not tonight

Will take a single point tonight

I see a close meeting, all on tender hooks. Swaying one way then the other. NKI and Kenneth battle well but are suffering from Jet lag. Lambert and Porsing have impressed but have no answer to Mikkel. Lawson has surprised no one as he always scores well at the NA. Heat 13 and the scores are level.

2, 5-1's in heats 14 and 15 gives a fitting climax to a brilliant evening. Why cant all matches be this exciting........

But which way, does the scores go????????

• Like 1

PK and Lewis wont win a heat against the Stars heat leaders

Ooooops , already wrong!

We'll done Stars - guess it was too much to ask to get a point tonight. For us Lewis needs to sort out his gating, don't think he's been 1st to the 1st this year...

Stars have got 2 quality reserves - good to have a NL team to bring on the youngsters. We'll done to Lambert in ht8 keeping Davey Watt honest - was beginning to worry for the lad after his first 2 rides

We'll done Stars - guess it was too much to ask to get a point tonight. For us Lewis needs to sort out his gating, don't think he's been 1st to the 1st this year...

.......or most of last year. His average never increased at all last year. This year he said on his website he had the best equipment he had ever had and that it was all up to him now. Well, we have hardly seen a single impressive ride from him this year. He will probably swap places with Bech once the first set of averages come out but the problem there is that although Bech will do a reasonable job as third heatleader, Lewis, on present form will not be beating second strings in the way that Mikkel is at the moment.. Can't see him lasting at this rate.

• Like 1

Lewis looks like he just can't cut it even in the watered down league. His form can't go on for to much longer.

Big well done to the Stars everyone played there part one thing is clear our 6/7 Kerr and Rose are going to score a lot of points this season - great start 3 points in the bag .

• Like 1

.......or most of last year. His average never increased at all last year. This year he said on his website he had the best equipment he had ever had and that it was all up to him now. Well, we have hardly seen a single impressive ride from him this year. He will probably swap places with Bech once the first set of averages come out but the problem there is that although Bech will do a reasonable job as third heatleader, Lewis, on present form will not be beating second strings in the way that Mikkel is at the moment.. Can't see him lasting at this rate.

Lewis is not as good a rider as Bech who has rode in Denmark's World Cup team even in Britain & will do ok as a 2nd string which unfortunately is all he has ever been.

This new format is especially hard for the 3rd heat leaders in most teams & anyone apart from Schlein or Janowski will struggle to get a 6 point average.

• Like 1

i think it will definitely strenthen Lakeside when Bridger moves down. Bech will score ok i think as a third (or second) heat leader, though clearly a drop from his current output. Bridger will beat the reserves, and pick up some points against the second strings.

most teams third heat leaders are struggling - Proctor, Hansen, Bridger etc. The only exceptions really are the teams that built with a strong top3, so Poole and KL, and hopefully BV when they start racing. I think too early to panic about Bridger.

Lewis looks like he just can't cut it even in the watered down league. His form can't go on for to much longer.

but it's not watered down if you're a heat leader - it's tougher than last year. It is much easier however if you're a second string.

• Like 1

What was Bridget doing fannying about poppin wheelies whilst at the back in his final ride. No wonder he was pulled out of his 4th and replaced by Morley

Edited by semion
  • Like 2

It's a shame we couldn't have got a point, but fair play to the stars they are a very strong unit this year! I think for us it stands us in good stead that up until the last we were still init for a point up until heat 15. Poor old PK certainly seems a little slower this year home and away, but great to see our Richard lawson getting an away win obviously along with Bech but again the star of the show for us was the speed and gating of adam ellis . I still think we will be in the mix big time at the end of the year, but we really do need to see one rider stop talking the talk and start walking the walk!! my advise would be this..... If you want to be a cafe fighter go and be a cage fighter, if you want to be a speedway ride, go and be a speedway rider..... But hey that's not for me to tell anyone what to do.....

i think it will definitely strenthen Lakeside when Bridger moves down. Bech will score ok i think as a third (or second) heat leader, though clearly a drop from his current output. Bridger will beat the reserves, and pick up some points against the second strings.

most teams third heat leaders are struggling - Proctor, Hansen, Bridger etc. The only exceptions really are the teams that built with a strong top3, so Poole and KL, and hopefully BV when they start racing. I think too early to panic about Bridger.

but it's not watered down if you're a heat leader - it's tougher than last year. It is much easier however if you're a second string.

Yep that's a fair point.