British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Lakeside 9-4-14

i think it will definitely strenthen Lakeside when Bridger moves down. Bech will score ok i think as a third (or second) heat leader, though clearly a drop from his current output. Bridger will beat the reserves, and pick up some points against the second strings.

most teams third heat leaders are struggling - Proctor, Hansen, Bridger etc. The only exceptions really are the teams that built with a strong top3, so Poole and KL, and hopefully BV when they start racing. I think too early to panic about Bridger.

but it's not watered down if you're a heat leader - it's tougher than last year. It is much easier however if you're a second string.

I think the concern is his commitment he is undoubtedly talented but blows hot and cold and he has not looked fit for purpose engine/set up wise so far! I await comments from our away support but if he was dicking about at the back that does not go down well. Getting beat is one thing I can accept if you look committed. Lewis needs a wake up call. I take your point about harder for the heat leaders and on this form he has blown that position.

• Like 2

Good win and delighted to get the three points after a nervy start. Some early points thrown away and poor gating meant I'd have taken any kind of win after 7 heats.

But the Stars fought back superbly and I felt it was Kerr and Porsing who swung things our way. Lewis could have crumbled after two falls when in great positions but bounced back to record two wins. Nicklas after looking out of sorts early on sprang to life and his cutback in Heat 12 pretty much sealed the win.

Lambert will be just fine once he gets used to the grippier starts in the EL. Clearly had the speed later on in the meeting, made up a massive amount of ground on Ellis & Bech in Heat 14 but left himself too much to do. Sure he'll be pleased to get the first one over and done with though.

The best thing about the win was that you know there's plenty more to come from the Stars. If they all click at the same time, someone is going to get hammered.

• Like 3

The expected result. Cant see many teams getting anything at the NA this season.

........Speedball.............The best thing about the win was that you know there's plenty more to come from the Stars. If they all click at the same time, someone is going to get hammered.

Yes, probably Coventry on Friday. :lol:

Speedball has pretty much summed up what I was going to say ;) Should have been a bigger winning margin as I reckon we chucked away 8-10 points in those early stages. Ellis & Bech apart the Hammers were very ordinary. Felt sorry for young Morley though, two reserves races and heat 13 to give Ellis the easier heats is a bit harsh. Have said from the start that both reserves should have to take all four of their rides unless injured, kind of defeats the object of the draft for the lesser reserve otherwise.

Was interviewed by a nice young lady during the interval so might be on Radio Narrrfolk in the morning :D

What was Bridget doing fanning about pop wheelies whilst at the back in his final ride. No wonder he was pulled out of his 4th and replaced by Morley

Because he's a prat? :lol:

I'm happy :-D Good win, looking forward to next week!

MOM - Sublime Maximum Man Niels, closely followed by Rory for his last race dice and Lewi K for his great gating and wins when he stayed aboard :-)

Good to see Robert earn his first points in heat 8, just gotta work on his gating then no probs ......

Yes, probably Coventry on Friday. :lol:

I can think of one occasion when all the Stars have clicked at the same time away from home and luckily enough that was at Ipswich. Don't think I'll ever forget that night. Tom P Madsen beating Gollob from the back!!!!!!

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed a convincing victory. The home side kind of stuttered to start with, and Lakeside was doing their bit, But once the Stars started to shine there was only ever going to be one outcome. Led brilliantly by Niels, with an impeccable maximum, who showed how it should be done with fast from the gate and some amazing first corners .

Lakeside were no pushovers, But tonight, the Stars were impressive. On this showing we will take some beating at home. Can't wait to see them at Coventry and then Wolves, before welcoming Belle Vue here, next week.

Was interviewed by a nice young lady during the interval so might be on Radio Narrrfolk in the morning :D

Hope you asked 'Wass gorn on in traynun Neyul!?'

• Like 2

I was a Little surprised that Rob Didnt take Rose out of his 4th race and stick in Kerr. Kerr was certainly going the quicker of the 2 and for me, had the beating of Ellis. Hvaing said that was Mighty Impressed with Rose and Kerr, and can only see them going from Strength to strength. This team will take some stopping at Saddlebow and more so once young Lambert decides not to give the others 10 metres off the start. It really looked like he was having difficulty getting his front wheel down off the start.

• Like 1

I've just noticed Adam Ellis' winning time in heat 7. Joint second fastest time of the night, faster than any of Iverson's wins, equalled only by PK and bettered only by Kenny Bear. Not bad for a rider who only turned 18 in March, and in his second season of speedway !

Now, what was it that people were saying about draft riders being out of their depth ?

• Like 1

I've just noticed Adam Ellis' winning time in heat 7. Joint second fastest time of the night, faster than any of Iverson's wins, equalled only by PK and bettered only by Kenny Bear. Not bad for a rider who only turned 18 in March, and in his second season of speedway !

Now, what was it that people were saying about draft riders being out of their depth ?

He certainly looked the dogs swingers last night. Then again So did Kerr and Rose. On my first look at the new idea in action, it looks a winner to me.

Lynn fans whats your take on this new fold up programme. ?

Fold up programme, don't like it at all, much prefer white background for race card and don't want to be unfolding whole thing to read Buster and Rob's columns ...... people said to me that there wasn't enough room on race card to write changes either ....

Fold up programme, don't like it at all, much prefer white background for race card and don't want to be unfolding whole thing to read Buster and Rob's columns ...... people said to me that there wasn't enough room on race card to write changes either ....

Thought the boxes to small to put the race results in, especially with the + 1's

• Like 1