British Speedway Forum
ProperSport

Workington Or Stoke

Many thanks indeed for your replies , really appreciated , Workington subject to weather it is then , pity my local football team Preston where not playing Carlisle Away instead of home , that would have worked even better , instead footie at 3pm and straight off to Workington sounds a great day , again many thanks , Chris

• Like 2

Many thanks indeed for your replies , really appreciated , Workington subject to weather it is then , pity my local football team Preston where not playing Carlisle Away instead of home , that would have worked even better , instead footie at 3pm and straight off to Workington sounds a great day , again many thanks , Chris

Best of luck AA autoroute says 2hrs 3 mins-7 pm start at Workington-you could do with a long parade.

Of course you could for go the delights of Workington and nip over to the right hand coast and watch Berwick V Glasgow, a true speedway classic. ;)

Also this coming Saturday Northside Training track are holding an amateur meeting at their track which is a mile or so from Workington's Stadium starting at 11:00 am through til around 3:00, everyone welcome, free admission should anyone wish to extend their Cumbrian Speedway experience and make a day of it before the meeting at Derwent Park !

Go to Workington - a potential belter of a meeting, run by one of the more progressive promotions in British speedway. Each time, I've been to Workington in the past twelve months it has been an enjoyable experience; even my seven year old step-daughter loved it (if only to be able to talk in Finnish to Tero Aarnio)!

Best of luck AA autoroute says 2hrs 3 mins-7 pm start at Workington-you could do with a long parade.

Yeah know it will be tight - if its 0-0 at Deepdale or Preston are 3-0 up * cough * Ill get a dart at 4.30pm , if not might even sacrifice my ticket as see North End most weeks but this my first trip to Derwent Park so looking forward to it - Cheers Chris

Worky every time.

Buxton ain't even got a full team yet. That will be a 1 sided affair

Was tongue in cheek, I know you're a Diamonds fan. Just thought you were trying to make Stoke sound good! :wink:

Think it deserves a wooosh :D

Hi Chris

Good to hear you will be coming to Workington on Saturday, I can assure you that you will enjoy it, and to make it even more special Steve Whitehead one of the promoters has asked me to tell you that once you get in make your way to the pits with your daughter and Steve will take you in and introduce you to the riders. If you need any help just pop along to the 50/50 stand outside of the main grandstand and ask for George. I will then introduce you and your daughter to Steve. Hope you have a great day

George

A great gesture. :t::approve: :approve:

I hope you (Chris) and your Family enjoy the Meeting. :t::)

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 3

Hi Chris

Good to hear you will be coming to Workington on Saturday, I can assure you that you will enjoy it, and to make it even more special Steve Whitehead one of the promoters has asked me to tell you that once you get in make your way to the pits with your daughter and Steve will take you in and introduce you to the riders. If you need any help just pop along to the 50/50 stand outside of the main grandstand and ask for George. I will then introduce you and your daughter to Steve. Hope you have a great day

George

Well done this is an excellent customer relations exercise and restores my faith in the sport I love ,I do hope the gentlement and his daughter have a great night and well done again Worky Speedway. :t:

• Like 2

That's an excellent response from the Workington promotion, well done to them.

Nobody saying go to Stoke yet... How surprising!

Could somebody tell me if Workington's stadium is suitable to visit with a 2 year-old in a pram?

• Like 2

That's an excellent response from the Workington promotion, well done to them.

Nobody saying go to Stoke yet... How surprising!

Could somebody tell me if Workington's stadium is suitable to visit with a 2 year-old in a pram?

We did - FORTY years ago - we went with a BLUE Pushchair and returned home with a RED one. That shale gets everywhere - but we had a great day out.

• Like 2

Hi Chris

George

George , I am genuinely speechless and what a lovely offer that Im sure will make the day even more special , just told my daughter and she is made up , will get there in plenty of time and ask for yourself and what an impression Workington Speedway is making already - Thanks so much really looking forward to it even more - lovely gesture - Chris

• Like 5