British Speedway Forum
ProperSport

Workington Or Stoke

Hi Chris

Good to hear you will be coming to Workington on Saturday, I can assure you that you will enjoy it, and to make it even more special Steve Whitehead one of the promoters has asked me to tell you that once you get in make your way to the pits with your daughter and Steve will take you in and introduce you to the riders. If you need any help just pop along to the 50/50 stand outside of the main grandstand and ask for George. I will then introduce you and your daughter to Steve. Hope you have a great day

George

From what I have seen and heard, this sort of action by the Workington promotion doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Its just a pity there aren't a few more who are giving it all they can to try and make their track - and through that, the sport - a success.

• Like 6

George , I am genuinely speechless and what a lovely offer that Im sure will make the day even more special , just told my daughter and she is made up , will get there in plenty of time and ask for yourself and what an impression Workington Speedway is making already - Thanks so much really looking forward to it even more - lovely gesture - Chris

Look forward to meeting you and your daughter

Workington is ok to take prams to you would have to go on the 1st/2nd bends if you had a pram. Ive taken my little one there since she was 2 and shes 11 in a fortnight x

• Like 1

Just looking for some advice , was taking my daughter to her first ever Speedway match tonight but the weather has beaten us with Belle Vue v Swindon off - she really wants to understand why I love this sport so having looked at the fixtures and got a rare week off work Sat night throws up two fixtures of clubs within 1/1 half of Preston - Workington v Edinburgh or Stoke v Buxton , never been to either track - Workington seem like a really friendly club , was wondering on people's thoughts on views , food in case the 12 yr old gets bored in 2mins , closer meeting out of the two - Im thinking Workington and any other advice - will go to one and I suppose the weather again may play a part

Why not make a day off it, leave early, turn off the M6 at junction 36 for Kendal, Head into the Lakes and drive through the mountains to Keswick, take her for a cruise round the lake on one of the boats and them onto the Speedway.

Sure she will have an unforgettable day.

Is it any wonder everyone is saying Workington? The promotion have just proved how they know it's about the fans. A massive well done to them, they have just rocketed up in my estimations.

Workington is ok to take prams to you would have to go on the 1st/2nd bends if you had a pram. Ive taken my little one there since she was 2 and shes 11 in a fortnight x

Thanks very much for that; the first bend is where I like to stand anyway, cheers.

and just to prove everyone right.................... Stoke have announced that their match is cancelled due to the state of the track!

Sat here at Workington just about to watch Heat 15 , George and Steve and the fans sat behind us where very welcoming , my daughter loved every second and after years of taking her watching my beloved Preston North End she admitted this sport is soooo much better - that's my girl !! , have become a Workington fan tonight behind of course the Aces !! and look forward to a return to Derwent Park soon , what a superb set up you should bd very proud of what is a superb club , great meet and well played to all tonight .....thanks Chris and Lauren

• Like 5

Well Chris and Lauren pleased you enjoyed your Workington experience ( just a pity it's wasn't a win for the Comets) but a good nights racing non the less. Hope you have a safe journey home and that we see you again in the near future

George

wow....

a business that actually values the people who support it...

emotional rather than just functional loyalty pays dividends several times over...

well done to the workington promotional team...

truly a team that has a pro active business plan.

I really hope you get the success your vision deserves.... :t:

well done....

• Like 2

Thanks for making the trip to Workington Chris and Lauren. Glad you had a great time :-)

Some top speedway on show tonight despite the result ;-)

This is the kind of action that is needed to encourage young and new fans to the sport "WELL " done to Worky , s/way is an exciting and friendly sport as this thread has proved.

have become a Workington fan tonight behind of course the Aces !!

Don't worry I`m sure you can get medication and counselling that will cure that affliction.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your night at Workington.

• Like 4

watching my beloved Preston North End

have become a Workington fan tonight behind of course the Aces

This should be posted in The Depression thread. :D

Edited by pugwash
  • Like 2