British Speedway Forum
packerman

Poole V Eastbourne 9th April

Well the defence of the title begins this week for the Elite League champions Poole. With the loss of Darcy for this meeting being replaced by Craig Cook could there be an upset on the cards providing the weather dries up between now & Wednesday night.

The forecast is good with high pressure building so a dry day to look forward to.

Cook a poor guest and really I think we should have trusted our own and gone for r/r. Shameless and Magic would get us 6' plus the other rides taken by Josh and Gaclav a couple more. Cook either gates and goes or does jack.

Eastbourne are capable of putting up a good fight at our place. Bjarne, Woodward and Michelsen all pretty good.

Hopefully three points but at this stage of the season it's not the end of the world to lose. Hopefully Millik will shows us again what he is capable of.

The forecast is good with high pressure building so a dry day to look forward to.

Cook a poor guest and really I think we should have trusted our own and gone for r/r. Shameless and Magic would get us 6' plus the other rides taken by Josh and Gaclav a couple more. Cook either gates and goes or does jack.

Eastbourne are capable of putting up a good fight at our place. Bjarne, Woodward and Michelsen all pretty good.

Hopefully three points but at this stage of the season it's not the end of the world to lose. Hopefully Millik will shows us again what he is capable of.

Cook has been on fire so far this season, he won the Ben Fund meeting and has only been beating once this season in the PL. I watched him ride to a 15pt maximum last Saturday, he will do more than a decent job for Poole this Wednesday.

• Like 2

A close one imo. Milik will need to improve from the Lakeside meeting when admittedly he blew an engine in his first ride, but he hasn't been performing too strongly in Europe so far!!

Track should have dried out nicely so looking forward to it!

As long as Cookie does not produce too many exclusions for jumped starts it should be a good win.............need to pull together and do well............

RP

Saying Michelsen is 'pretty good' is like suggesting that Albert Einstein was an 'OK physicist' !!

• Like 1

Are you serious? Cook is not a poor guest. Yes he gates or comes last but so does Janowski whose average is lower than Cooks though he may be better at Wimborne Road. Cant see how you say Shamek and Magic would definatly get 6 as Eastbournes heat leaders are more than capable of beating them. Michelsen at 4 will outscore Milik i think whose form has been pretty dire across Europe. In Blackbird Eastie have an on fire reserve who will score well.

Who would have Darcys rides? Janowski, Shamek, Josh and Milik? Im certian Cook would outscore r/r quite comfortably though not as strong as Ward obviously.

Are you serious? Cook is not a poor guest.

Steve's predictions are usually total crap Gavan, it's so he can come on here afterwards and gloat should Poole 'miraculously' win..

Ain't that right Steve... :t:

• Like 1

I think Poole will win but Eastbourne will get a losing point.

This could well turn out to be a tough meeting with plenty to prove from the Poole riders which should result in an interesting meeting?

Good luck to both teams and let's hope for a cracking and safe meeting with hopefully, Poole going on to win.

As the only Brit in either top five I hope Cook top scores :)

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 5

Steve's predictions are usually total crap Gavan, it's so he can come on here afterwards and gloat should Poole 'miraculously' win..

Ain't that right Steve... :t:

Others could call it EL snobbery, Cook is a rider who's career is very much on the up and all credit to him.

• Like 2

As the only Brit in either top five I hope Cook top scores :)

He'll do fine. Ok he's not Darcy, but who is? Cookie will score well enough and together with the rest of the team I think we still have enough to put the Budgies to the sword.