British Speedway Forum
packerman

Poole V Eastbourne 9th April

A beautiful day here in Dorset and all set fair for racing this evening.

Much more even now in team strengths due to Darcy being out and Cook guesting. Don't rate the guy very highly but that's just my opinion. I hope he does well but I am not expecting too much from him. I think it's going to be close and Eastbourne could certainly get something out of this.

Cook has not got to get many points to equal what Darcy scored against Easbourne last year.

• Like 3

Not sure what the change in Eastbourne's riding order might mean??

1.Woodward 2.Michelsen 3.Pedersen 4.Lahti 5. Kylmakorpi.

I think having Michelsen at 2 could be a masterstroke for the Eagles! Hope I'm wrong.

I am also one of those that still think Bjarne has a lot to offer so expect him to score well!

47-43 if we're lucky

Really makes no difference these days. the 1,3 and 5 rides against the same riders the same number of times. As do the 2 and 4. The only time it would make a difference is for gates earlier/later in a meeting and getting someones harder/easier rides out of the way sooner.

Darcy being out and Cook guesting. Don't rate the guy very highly but that's just my opinion. I hope he does well but I am not expecting too much from him.

Really, wouldn't have known that being as you have only mentioned it about half a dozen times. :rolleyes:

We all get it, Cook for Ward weakens you.

Not sure what the change in Eastbourne's riding order might mean??

1.Woodward 2.Michelsen 3.Pedersen 4.Lahti 5. Kylmakorpi.

I think having Michelsen at 2 could be a masterstroke for the Eagles! Hope I'm wrong.

I am also one of those that still think Bjarne has a lot to offer so expect him to score well!

47-43 if we're lucky

Pedersen will get 3 rides in the tactical zone if needed, i think they are just covering all their bases.

Really, wouldn't have known that being as you have only mentioned it about half a dozen times. :rolleyes:

We all get it, Cook for Ward weakens you.

Your comments on here say nothing so why bother other than to troll?

Weather update. Sunny and warm on the Dorset Riviera. No problems for tonight's lim meeting.

Your comments on here say nothing so why bother other than to troll?

Id imagine you have been asked that question 100`s of times. Shame it doesn't stop you trolling on every thread. Such is life eh. :t:

In other news .................. Should be a pretty comfortable win for the Pirates. 49-41

Edited by stevebrum

A beautiful day here in Dorset and all set fair for racing this evening.

Much more even now in team strengths due to Darcy being out and Cook guesting. Don't rate the guy very highly but that's just my opinion. I hope he does well but I am not expecting too much from him. I think it's going to be close and Eastbourne could certainly get something out of this.

Hi Steve, not trolling but genuinely would like to know what your gripe with Cook is, you say you dont rate him very highly, well if you are comparing him with what Ward has already acheived then you are right there is no comparison, at the moment.

However Cook is showing the potential to be a genuine top rider and maybe he will make the same strides as Ward, its not beyond possibility.

Why dont you stop going on about how your teams chances of a victory have been lessened and equally support whoever is riding for your team, you cant deny Cook deserves the chance.

Mike

Edited by ekimba
  • Like 1

Hi Steve, not trolling but genuinely would like to know what your gripe with Cook is, you say you dont rate him very highly, well if you are comparing him with what Ward has already acheived then you are right there is no comparison, at the moment.

However Cook is showing the potential to be a genuine top rider and maybe he will make the same strides as Ward, its not beyond possibility.

Why dont you stop going on about how your teams chances of a victory have been lessened and equally support whoever is riding for your team, you cant deny Cook deserves the chance.

I don't rate him. never have and yet to see anything from him to change my mind. A blatant roller who gets away with it more often than not because some of the time a ref can't be bothered to call the heat back. Expect to see at least three rollers tonight. And if he doesn't roll he doesn't do much, certainly not at Poole. Don't think there's much if any progression left in him and a third heat leader at best.(second at some clubs) Now already too old as well. Started in the sport too late to make a real impact.

Sorry I don't mean to be harsh on him and he is probably a very nice guy, just not a decent replacement for Darcy, who's shoes he is filling tonight.

Love him to prove me wrong and score 14 - 1 5 tonight, but just can't see it. And yes I will cheer him on tonight.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

If the Poole team is as good as the Dorset mafia would have us believe then they should be able to see Eastie off at home even without Darcy.

52-38.

• Like 1

So Steve, correct me if I'm wrong, you will only accept Cookie as being a fair replacement if he scores 14 or 15?

On the subject of rollers.............tell me which riders don't chance it at times?.......I'm sure you can recall 10/15 Poole riders who roll, and you can probable pick 10/15 from other visiting teams who roll as well.........but there again, you will say no Poole rider rolls!!

If the Poole team is as good as the Dorset mafia would have us believe then they should be able to see Eastie off at home even without Darcy.

52-38.

You are doing Eastbourne a disservice. They have started well and have riders who go well at Wimborne Road. With Darcy no problem, without him it will be tight.

So Steve, correct me if I'm wrong, you will only accept Cookie as being a fair replacement if he scores 14 or 15?

On the subject of rollers.............tell me which riders don't chance it at times?.......I'm sure you can recall 10/15 Poole riders who roll, and you can probable pick 10/15 from other visiting teams who roll as well.........but there again, you will say no Poole rider rolls!!

Cook has a massive reputation as a roller. You must realise this if you watch him every week. Last time at Poole he rolled three times out of four and went blasting through the tapes on one occasion!

All riders do it time to time but no one matches Cook.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CdDMHmBTRs4