British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woz01

Coventry Bees V Kings Lynn Stars 11/04/2014

I also am not his biggest fan, however !

Our home track, a team full of exciting racers. So it's prepared with no dirt on???? Brandon has very little track advantage as it is, so its just silly to put no dirt on the track. It was a dust bowl last night, put dirt on and then I think people have a right to say he isn't performing but it's horses for courses and we shot ourselfs in the foot last night.

Until I read this post I thought I must have been at a different meeting to everyone else. As slick as I have ever seen the track though clearly Fisher got the right set up. Sparks flying from the grader after heat 7. And bangers tonight. With riders like Harris and Hansen in the team, there must be more dirt than this. Can't understand what went wrong with the track in the first place - it looked great at the practise. Colin Meredith in the pits - why oh why can't he do the track?
  • Like 2

Our home track, a team full of exciting racers. So it's prepared with no dirt on???? Brandon has very little track advantage as it is, so its just silly to put no dirt on the track. It was a dust bowl last night, put dirt on and then I think people have a right to say he isn't performing but it's horses for courses and we shot ourselfs in the foot last night.

it wasn't a dust bowl it was slick

Being as it's all down to Sandhu (allegedly) and Mick has no say how the track is prepared for speedway I would imagine Sandhu was more interested in getting it ready for stock cars the following day. I wouldn't have thought they'd have to do anything except remove the air fence and it's all set to go.

• Like 1

No.. There was a fair bit if dust flying around in the air last night.

It is crazy, I want to look fwd to this team but then how many meetings are we at full strength? Look at Birmingham on friday not having barker(not much of a miss I admit) belle vue with no cook tonight, us without Howarth last Friday and after Wednesday I was looking fwd to seeing him. It's all patching up teams and how bizarre it's the EL teams that miss out, it's just messy. I want to see a regular 1-7 is it that difficult.

• Like 7

All this talk about a slick track and a dust bowl are well over the top. Some people you cannot satisfy. I have been to Brandon when the track has been dire, but because you win there was no complaining, Had you had won Friday night there would have been no complaints. There was overtaking in 10 of the 15 heats on Friday, proving it was racable. I've always thought the Stars perform better on a grippy track, Who knows, the slick track might have been to your advantage

The reason you lost on Friday wasn't down to the track, it was because of the system on how the Elite league is run.. You had Anderson riding when not fit, you had replacement for Howarth and Garrity was suffering. You were served well by Fisher, Bomber, Hanson and Garrity and Vissing didn't let you down.

Rather than going on about the track, probably it would be better to get behind your team who will get better as the season goes on. Losing 1 home match is not the end of the world. The racing the other night was exciting and above average, and if that was an example of speedway at Brandon, then I, for one would be more than happy....

• Like 4

Good post GRW123. Although we lost I thought there was some excellent racing. Mind you if captain Chris Harris says over the mike the track is crap (or words to that effect) then it must be. :wink:

I'll swap Peter York for our rubbish Craig Saul anyday. Why Panthers keep him employed I don't know, must be cheap

Really? Just shows you can't please everyone as I've always liked Craig Saul.

• Like 1

Good post GRW123. Although we lost I thought there was some excellent racing. Mind you if captain Chris Harris says over the mike the track is crap (or words to that effect) then it must be. :wink:

Really? Just shows you can't please everyone as I've always liked Craig Saul.

True, but you must either have an interpreter, as I can never understand somebody who speaks like a 45 record played at 78 (if you can remember what they were). Apart from that though, Craig is one of the newer announcers (compared to the likes of Peter York that is) and whether it's true on the whole, there is no interaction between them and the fans. For all Crag Saul does with the fans,they might as well be not there.

Look just admit you are a big Bomber fan and will not listen to criticism against him

I am listening but don't agree and I have also given Harris criticism in the past. I don't think its fair when you see what other number 5s are scoring around the league.

......crazyb..... True, but you must either have an interpreter, as I can never understand somebody who speaks like a 45 record played at 78 (if you can remember what they were).

Remember what they were? I've still got some 78's. :D

• Like 1

I thought despite the poor track prep it was probably a better meeting than I expected it to be. Seeing dust billow after one lap I thought it would be a bore fest from the gate every heat but it was quite the opposite. The highlights being Robert not Roger Lambert winning his heat, the 5-1 over Fisher in heat 12 where Kerr gave as good as he got despite Fisher trying to ride through him instead of pass him and heat 14 where Kerr and Lambert both passed Vissing to win the match. Great result for the Stars and I really hope the bees get their track sorted for the future.

• Like 1

Same here Martin! I thought the meeting ended up being alright, despite there being a distinct lack of water in the local area for the track to be watered :lol: Joking aside, the Coventry track really has seen better days IMO. I hope it's all resolved soon. I'm glad I changed my mind at the last minute and headed over for a look. Was a brilliant result for us early in the season (start as you mean to go on and all that jazz) but there is an awfully long wait to go. Signs are promising for us though. I'm just looking forward to all these away trips I already have planned :party: I think win, lose or draw, we have 7 riders that want to ride for us and will try everything to get good results this term.

In the 60s/70s when Phil Storer done the track it was slick every week sparks used to fly of the riders steel shoes especially a German rider can't remember his name now could be Ulanbroch not sure