British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blueherb777

Lakeside V Birmingham 11/4/14

No, but bearing in mind that we couldn't pay our riders properly last year, half the promotion team bailed and the commercial manager's gone then it's not exactly rosy. The reality is that we can't afford a competitive EL team and don't have a benefactor-style promoter willing to cover vast losses.

So all that happened when you were top of the league. Clearly a new tactic is required.

So all that happened when you were top of the league. Clearly a new tactic is required.

Exactly, if our situation was that precarious when we finished top, then what will happen this season? Various promotions have tried plenty of tactics over the seasons, maybe the reality is that, without a Frost-style sugar daddy, Brum can only sustain PL speedway (at best).

Exactly, if our situation was that precarious when we finished top, then what will happen this season? Various promotions have tried plenty of tactics over the seasons, maybe the reality is that, without a Frost-style sugar daddy, Brum can only sustain PL speedway (at best).

It must also be remembered Gary Patchett pulled out of his deal to buy The Brummies when they were PL, allegedly because i think he broke even only on 2 home meetings up to August, and that was Pl, so does Birmingham want Speedway ?.

Just asking, what evidence do you have regarding MJJ and your claim ?

Do you REALLY need to ask?! :shock::nono:

It must also be remembered Gary Patchett pulled out of his deal to buy The Brummies when they were PL, allegedly because i think he broke even only on 2 home meetings up to August, and that was Pl, so does Birmingham want Speedway ?.

True, that was allegedly a rather costly team though.

Do you REALLY need to ask?! :shock::nono:

I am not aware of MJJ's pay demands ever being made public, or did i miss that ? ? ?

I've seen some pretty serious sporting thrashings in my lifetime but nothing quite like what I saw on Friday, I expected us to lose convincingly but not like that. The team clearly isn't up to scratch, with plausible reason at least, but there's no excuse for that level of piss poor performance, we were beaten out of the gate pretty much all night, and plenty of our team have ridden Lakeside numerous times before so they shouldn't have any excuses.

Agree with SCB above though that it's the home results that are going to determine the financial success of this season though, but if I was the club I would've posted a lot of new articles on the website yesterday to get that result as far off the front page as possible!

Despite our complete ineptitude though, Lakeside are a very good team although their result at Leicester last night surprised me a little, had them down for the playoffs at the start of the season and still sticking to that. My only gripe is why the track grade after heat 13? Just wait until the inevitable gap after heat 14 surely, on a night where they were apologising for the presentation the week prior that would've surely saved another 5 minutes at least.

Expect us to get beat on Good Friday but I just hope we can keep it close.

I am not aware of MJJ's pay demands ever being made public, or did i miss that ? ? ?

You miss the point. You are questioning someone who has multiple avatars, has been banned on virtually all of them and is a well known troll.

Do you really think they would know the information they claim to have?? :nono:

You miss the point. You are questioning someone who has multiple avatars, has been banned on virtually all of them and is a well known troll.

Do you really think they would know the information they claim to have?? :nono:

Understand that Brum, however i was just questioning the claim that MJJ was a mercenary...that's all.. :cheers:

• Like 1