British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blueherb777

Lakeside V Birmingham 11/4/14

Well done Lakeside, looking good so far

Feel sorry for the Birmingham fans, however it is only the start of the season so hopefully enough time to turn things around

the only good point from PHILLIPS point of view is it didn't cost him much.

It will if 10 people turn up next week having heard this scoreline.

Didn't expect much on the road this season but FFS do they really have to be so embarassing every week.

I bet that meeting was cracking speedway.

I thought Brum were bad but bloody hell that's an awful display, the only good point from PHILLIPS point of view is it didn't cost him much.

Tell you what mate, he is going to be lucky to get through the season, Only Brummie die hards, will put up with that sort of showing, it might not cost him much away from home, but this score will be reflected on his home gates.

Come back Phil Morris............................please :cry:

I can well see a call going out to Tony Mole, never mind Phil Morris..

• Like 1

I can well see a call going out to Tony Mole, never mind Phil Morris..

Afraid that's the only possible future I can see for us at this time, as Alan Phillips can't afford a decent team and the fans patience with this garbage will snap at some point.

I think this team needs a bit more than Phil Morris. Not even The Thunderbirds could save us.

i dont know does he still have his bike ? couldnt do any worse than whats been served up tonight

Well I've tried to remain positive but as soon as I heard we had signed Kennett I new what sort of season we would have, the most unexciting Brummies team in years ...and our biggest defeat since reopening .......The only bright spot has been Skornicki's home form. KL on good Fri....gawd help us...

Edited by Nigel

Some Lakeside supporters may enjoy a scoreline like that but the Brummie lineup put me off going. Lambs to the slaughter not for me thanks.

There are shades of the 1976 team really, that side was built on a low budget too, for very good reasons, but at least the fans kept turning up back then, even though their pens kept running out of ink with all the team changes.

Not really, we do s**t at Lakeside and Eastboure with a decent team, so add a less decent team and what do you expect ?.

For Birmingham to finish Bottom, and a rescue act to follow, but do tell me, where do you think Birmingham have a hope of picking up away points ?, Swindon, Poole, BV, KL, Monmore, Coventry, Leicester. I cant see this Team getting within 10 pts of anyone away from home.

I am pretty sure Phillips decided to go with the EL on a budget with TV money, rather than PL on a budget, with no TV money.

For Birmingham to finish Bottom, and a rescue act to follow, but do tell me, where do you think Birmingham have a hope of picking up away points ?, Swindon, Poole, BV, KL, Monmore, Coventry, Leicester. I cant see this Team getting within 10 pts of anyone away from home.

I am pretty sure Phillips decided to go with the EL on a budget with TV money, rather than PL on a budget, with no TV money.

They'll do nothing away from home as they're a team of second strings. But so what from a Birmingham commercial POV? As long as they can sneak wins at home every week it'll be perfect for the promotion. Pay nothing away and the fans (90% of whom probably dont have the foggiest what the team are doing away) will be happy with their home win. It all goes ** up if they cant wi at home with any regularity,.

It's being made out to be a disaster but someone has to finish bottom every season - we don't have the woodenspoon team go bust every year!

Who said anything about getting points away ?, the point I was making is we generally do 3 times worse at Lakeside and Eastbourne that actual real speedway tracks.

It's not the likelyhood of finishing bottom that's the issue, it's the not getting within 20 points most of the time, it's the lack of funds showing left right and centre, the crowd (understandably) not supporting a team making performances like that, and a general mistrust of the club at management level after last seasons schenanigans.

Take those issues away and finishing bottom occasionally can be tolerated, add them all together though ad we are in serious trouble.

Edited by david2905

brummies fans, look on the positive - you didn't have a score of 70 against you !

Luckily for you barker was away on duty with Plymouth otherwise that fate may have

beset you.

3 points from his RR rides is an improvement on what could have been !

What a complete embarrassment for the Brum support... they would struggle to win meetings in the PL away from PB

Hope's not lost for Birmingham, Remember when Coventry had a dreadful start to the season and then went on to win the league?

That's what the Brummies promotion mouthpiece Nigel Pearson will be spouting but Birmingham fans need to stand up and demand changes.

So many good riders without UK clubs, Linus Sundstrom who I know is desperate for a ride in the UK and is better than anything in the Brummies side, Michael Jepsen Jensen could be open to the UK depending on the offer he receives, Kryzstof Buczkowski is eager to make a UK return and has a van on standby. Andrej Lebedev is also wanting a ride in the UK and he performed really well in the Pairs event.

1. King

2. Lebedev

3. Barker

4. Buczkowski

5. Sundstrom

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

Michael Jepsen Jensen could be open to the UK depending on the offer he receives

Get a life.

As Jon Cook stated last season "The Elite League cannot be held to ransom by foreign mercenaries".

And, in my book, this pleb absolutely epitomises Jon's statement.

• Like 2