British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Workington V Edinburgh (lc) 12/4/14 @ 7pm

Race of the night, heat 10 Grajczonek goes from last to first....was still second with over a lap to go and well back.....How did he do that!!! :o

Edited by topaz325

Race of the night, heat 10 Grajczonek goes from last to first....was still second with over a lap to go and well back.....How did he do that!!! :o

He did it because Max Fricke's fuel pipe broke. Last to second, OK, but he was gifted the win.

He did it because Max Fricke's fuel pipe broke. Last to second, OK, but he was gifted the win.

Did Max pull over on the back straight like and shout Al my fuel pipe broke thats why i lost :D .

• Like 1

He had been clattered by Masters in the original heat 15, took a while to be cleared to race by paramedics. Then he got out gated and settled for third as we had the 7 point lead.

Cheers.

Have to agree with these comments, Ash does seem to be missing that spark that will move him up to the next level, whether that be better equipment or even a better spanner man is open to debate but with this being his third PL season I would have expected him to be up around the 6pt mark minimum by now and bossing the reserves races, especially at home and not still bumbling around on 2/4pts like he is now?

Don't wish him any ill feeling at all but he really does need to start making that progression some time soon!! :t:

Morris is very overrated IMO.Good NL that's about it over the last couple of years .Wont ever get out of a reserve position in PL.

morris at times looks like hes about to make a step up but instead of making that next step drops back a little which as a spectator is frustrating

reserves cant be kept year after year if they dont improve not looking to drop ash but he must start to be more regular in the points even if hes not moving out of reserve berth

he was more on the pace as the meeting went on at workington its just a pitty the workington riders were not

Agreed, one hell of an effort from where he started!! :t:

Yes, but credit where it's due Al, he still had to be in a position to take advantage of Fricke's misfortune the guy wasn't stopping, 4th bend last lap and, just as an aside as no one has mentioned it yet, did anyone see whether Fricke actually "did" finish second in that race, from where I was Campton mugged him for all money? :o

Really hoping now for the mobile/Ipad/tablet photo to be posted, it always happens!! :D

Have to agree with these comments, Ash does seem to be missing that spark that will move him up to the next level, whether that be better equipment or even a better spanner man is open to debate but with this being his third PL season I would have expected him to be up around the 6pt mark minimum by now and bossing the reserves races, especially at home and not still bumbling around on 2/4pts like he is now?

Don't wish him any ill feeling at all but he really does need to start making that progression some time soon!! :t:

Agreed, one hell of an effort from where he started!! :t:

Yes, but credit where it's due Al, he still had to be in a position to take advantage of Fricke's misfortune the guy wasn't stopping, 4th bend last lap and, just as an aside as no one has mentioned it yet, did anyone see whether Fricke actually "did" finish second in that race, from where I was Campton mugged him for all money? :o

Really hoping now for the mobile/Ipad/tablet photo to be posted, it always happens!! :D

I couldn't believe how excited the Workington announcer got after that race, Grajczonek was never going to win that race until Max clearly had a problem he was pretty much pushing with his leg to get over the line, I did think Campton got 2nd though. Also on the announcer thought it was funny before the match saying they were disappointed to lose on Friday despite being on top for the first half of the match, does being 2 points down after heat 8 count as being on top?

I wasn't all that well placed (I do have the video!) but I thought Campton got second. I also have two photos from Ron MacNeill of Max's fuel spraying out.

I thought Campton nicked it to be honest. But for the over zealous announcer and track grading after nearly every monarchs heat victory I'll give it to Max! Also Max rode very well to get himself well in front. Also loved the Worky fan next to me giving it big licks during heat 15. I was devastated with the 7 point away win :D

• Like 1

Worky fans claiming they would win pl have gone very very quiet after a right royal hammering in both legs

7 points hardly a hammering :icon_smile_clown:

TaylorJ, Jenga ... Your boys took a hell of a beating! Where are you?

I'm here , Sunday is a day of rest :P . Don't know what all the panic is about , our 3rd meeting of the season, hardly bloody playoffs yet :rolleyes: . no need for us to slag the team off yet there will be no one hurting more than the 7 of them were after last night. Two useless referees over the two nights looked stunning in their Edinburgh kevlars tho !! If him last night seen Fricke cross the line before Campton, then my opticians need sacked :nono: .

Theres a hell of a long way to go, so don't right us off just yet because guess what Arson Fire

WE STILL BELIEVE :party::D:party::party::party::drink:

Edited by Taylorj

I couldn't believe how excited the Workington announcer got after that race, Grajczonek was never going to win that race until Max clearly had a problem he was pretty much pushing with his leg to get over the line, I did think Campton got 2nd though. Also on the announcer thought it was funny before the match saying they were disappointed to lose on Friday despite being on top for the first half of the match, does being 2 points down after heat 8 count as being on top?

It does when we are there!! :D

I wasn't all that well placed (I do have the video!) but I thought Campton got second. I also have two photos from Ron MacNeill of Max's fuel spraying out.

Excellent, any chance of a freeze frame Al? :t:

I thought Campton nicked it to be honest. But for the over zealous announcer and track grading after nearly every monarchs heat victory I'll give it to Max! Also Max rode very well to get himself well in front. Also loved the Worky fan next to me giving it big licks during heat 15. I was devastated with the 7 point away win :D

Agree there DD, Steve does get "very" excited, :D love it!!

Well we may have been beat but we do still like those Ht15 wins especially over our erm "favourite" son :D, don't think it was anything personal over the track grading, it was just that a rumour had been circulated that a rider had seen some dirt out there and just wanted it spread around a bit better? ;)

Never mind my friend I'm sure the burden of carrying that 4pt away win will ease in time!! :P

• Like 2

TaylorJ, Jenga ... Your boys took a hell of a beating! Where are you?

are you an eastern delia smith. go and stand over at the back wall, its plastered as well.

thought sheffiekd were at newcastle today, or is it next week

Excellent, any chance of a freeze frame Al? :t:

The best I've managed to get is at http://www.foes.info/Heat10.jpg

All it shows is that it is close. The previous frame shows Max ahead, the next frame shows Mason ahead but it's hard to judge where the line is.

so did most of the stadium from the 2nd bend it looked like campton got it by half a wheel but angles are deciving

and campton himself along with the grandstand spectators thought so too

and the same when sam masters and cookie were team riding ht 13 was it sam slowed to let cookie take the win after he let him past early on and watched his back but the ref gave the win to sam masters

lets face it the score line dosnt do edinbrugh justice they wer far better tonight than a 7pt victory we were never at the races too be honest

are you an eastern delia smith. go and stand over at the back wall, its plastered as well.

thought sheffiekd were at newcastle today, or is it next week

You and TaylorJ love to dish it out, but you can't take a bit if fun in any shape or form ;-)

Beaten at home by a five man team!

The best I've managed to get is at http://www.foes.info/Heat10.jpg

All it shows is that it is close. The previous frame shows Max ahead, the next frame shows Mason ahead but it's hard to judge where the line is.

Thank's for the effort Al and as you suggest it is pretty inconclusive, but then, what would we do with the evidence if we proved the ref was wrong? ;)

so did most of the stadium from the 2nd bend it looked like campton got it by half a wheel but angles are deciving

and campton himself along with the grandstand spectators thought so too

and the same when sam masters and cookie were team riding ht 13 was it sam slowed to let cookie take the win after he let him past early on and watched his back but the ref gave the win to sam masters

lets face it the score line dosnt do edinbrugh justice they wer far better tonight than a 7pt victory we were never at the races too be honest

My thought's exactly, so much so that I had the result marked up as a win for Cook coz I saw him over the line first by at least half a wheel if not more, spoiled my programme that!! :D