Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
superguest

Wolves Vs Kings Lynn 14/4/2014

Yeah I understand mate and appreciate the difficult of the Ref in getting it right all the time. It's just so annoying when these things happen, at such an important time that it has a massive effect on the meeting. From sitting in ,what I thought was a comfortable position, after 7 heats, 4 races later, we have our backs to the wall struggling to be in contention after the Ref had ruled on 3 of those races. While Niels was fuming at the decision, the most annoying aspect of the whole incident was seeing Proctor getting back to be pit area with a smile on his face, giving the impression that he really happy. Not the impression of someone who had just been taken out hit the track and was annoyed.

I found that strange........

Just goes to show how we all read things different. My take on him `smiling in the pits` was that he must be delighted he hasn't suffered any further damage from an injury that kept him out of the sport for 6 months and one he is still struggling to come to terms with on the track.

I get you're point that decisions helped to turn the match, likewise the failure of the Stars Captain will have a huge bearing on the Stars maintaining the closeness also.

• Like 1

Yeah I understand mate and appreciate the difficult of the Ref in getting it right all the time. It's just so annoying when these things happen, at such an important time that it has a massive effect on the meeting. From sitting in ,what I thought was a comfortable position, after 7 heats, 4 races later, we have our backs to the wall struggling to be in contention after the Ref had ruled on 3 of those races. While Niels was fuming at the decision, the most annoying aspect of the whole incident was seeing Proctor getting back to be pit area with a smile on his face, giving the impression that he really happy. Not the impression of someone who had just been taken out hit the track and was annoyed.

I found that strange........

Definiitely a "homer" decision by the ref.

If the same thing had happened at Lynn,with Proctor on the inside and NKI then falling,the outcome would have been exactly the same.These things level themselves out over a season.

Very impressed with the Stars youngsters,and if Wolves cant win the league,hope the title ends up in Norfolk.

• Like 2

If the same thing had happened at Lynn,with Proctor on the inside and NKI then falling,the outcome would have been exactly the same.These things level themselves out over a season.

Very impressed with the Stars youngsters,and if Wolves cant win the league,hope the title ends up in Norfolk.

Cheers TS ....

Stars are my favourites for the league this year. The most attractive side on paper and always a pleasure to watch some of the best young Brits in the sport racing for them.

Hopefully injuries wont mess your challenge up unlike last year.

Obviously i`d prefer the Wolves be top of the league but its all down to September and October anyway.

Reckon we could give you a real run for your money if all riders ride to their ability. Lets face it Schlein`s score was cancelled out by Woffys so was always going to be a tough meeting.

• Like 1

Havent had much chance to get on here to post my thoughts on Mondays meeting until now.

Wolves deserved the win overall but Kings Lynn deserved the point with Iversen / Bjerre leading the team well, reserves doing a good job and Lambert looking a very good prospect who doesn't bottle in tight battles and can handle himself in the first turns.

The Iversen / Proctor debate was hard to tell from the pits but Ty was given no room to turn and had no choice but to bail out. Maybe it could have been just hard riding but the end result was the race was stopped due to a fallen rider. Would Proctor have stayed on if Iversen gave him more room ...... yes. Therefore it was possibly right that Iversen was at fault.

Kings Lynn had their share of luck in heat 9 when Lewis Kerr lost power going into turn one which meant Joe Jacobs had to take avoiding action and in doing so caused Ashley Morris to also fall. Kerr was excluded for not being under power but should JJ have been excluded for avoiding a bad accident ?

Tai was more rusty than unfit but his mechanic was quite busy during the night trying to get a better set up as Tai was struggling out of the gate which doesnt help when you are up against an in form Iversen and Bjerre in most races.

Jacob again showed up well and sadly made a small mistake in heat one to allow Iversen through off turn two and then in his final ride he had to use Ricky Wells's bike which possibly cost him a win in his final outing. Overall though JT is progressing well into the next Super Swede at Monmore.

Ty started slowly but progressed as the night went on and was a bit miffed in his first ride when Piotr forced him to shut off twice and thus causing him to lose his points. Overall though Ty is a good team man and 6-7 points a meeting is job done.

Ricky again scored well but in some races you would expect him to win them. Will be interesting to see what happens if he becomes the third heat leader later in the season but he has invested in new equipment this season and he is certainly heading in the right direction and still a young man at 21.

Piotr was the star again for Wolves. Bad gate in his first ride and no chance of getting the win, but then looked unbeatable and a great double pass of Iversen proved how good he can be, Sadly his gating skills deserted him in the final heat and the Stars duo were fast and away giving him no chance to split them. 7.00 isn't looking a gamble now !!

Joe Jacobs wasn't with it but thankfully Ashley Morris was and not feeling the nerves so much this time. Match winning performance by Ash to counter the strong Lynn reserves.

For Kingls Lynn Rory Schlein was a big disapointment and Porsing didn't look great until his final ride where he did well. While they have a big two at the front, there strength is at reserve and double figure returns from the reserves in most matches will push them easily into the play offs.

Lambert for me though was the most impressive and almost passed Pawlicki in one race and he certainly looks to be a possible German #1 if he continues on their licence.

Wolves still unbeaten but they will be tested big time in the next few meetings starting with the usual mid day meeting at Belle Vue on a slick track and poor viewing areas where they may lose their 100% record.