British Speedway Forum
superguest

Wolves Vs Kings Lynn 14/4/2014

An interesting match up between riders with both teams reliant upon their number 1 and 7 in equal measure.

Expecting NKI and Schlein to get Lynn a point. But we must be aiming for at least a small win (she says with no confidence at all lol)

Edited by superguest

Wolves should take max points, especially if play off Kenny turns up again.. :wink:

Should be a good meeting to view again on Bet365. On paper is a tough one to call but what could swing this is how our youngsters got battered in the NL in recent seasons round Monmore.

Tai Woffinden - Niels Iversen

Jacob Thorssell - Nicklas Porsing

Ty Proctor - Kenneth Bjerre

Ricky Wells - Robert Lambert

Piotr Pawlicki - Rory Schlein

Joe Jacobs - Lewis Kerr

Ashley Morris - Lewis Rose

52-40 Wolverhampton

Wolves has never been a good hunting ground for the Stars, in the past we have always suffered badly. We have taken some good pastings, but this year it may well be different. Wolves is a technical track that need special skills to master it. Out top 3 all go well here and therefore should give a good account of themselves. Although the rest have ridden here, any success we get, will depend on the youngsters getting to grips with the tight corners.

I have previously travelled here to enjoy the occasions rather then expect a result. But this year we go with hope that we should be able to come away with at least a point.

Like at Brandon, certain things have fell in our favour. Woffy is riding with injury and Proctor not firing on all cylinders. Pawlinski goes well but I still believe Freddie was the better of the two.

So we travel to Wolves on Monday with hopes of scoring a point at least, but more would be even better........

Cannot see Lynn getting anything from this one. Lambert just couldn't get the hang of Monmore last season. How did Team Lewis do there last season v Dudley ?

Comfortable three points for Wolves. Don't see us getting much at the four tight tracks this year.

Cannot see Lynn getting anything from this one. Lambert just couldn't get the hang of Monmore last season. How did Team Lewis do there last season v Dudley ?

Kerr was by far the best rider from the Young Stars in the play offs, and was the only rider to get near Morris all night. Rose struggled, but i think it was his return meeting from injury. Lambert had 0,0,6,0, so not the greatest of returns.

48-42, with the Stars grabbing a point.

He's probably not going to enjoy the first turn but it's not all gate and go at Monmore.

Good luck to him, I hope he does well!

Our biggest challenge so far particularly given that the Stars heat leaders can all be stunning at Monmore.

Id say without any question that Iversen has been the best visiting rider at the Green over the past 2 seasons.

The Stars on paper to me are the strongest team in the league this season. The only if`s about them on there travels are Lambert and Porsing. The pair of course did well at Brandon last night so they most certainly are more than capable of turning a match.

The big IF for me is the fitness of Tai because we need a 12-14 point haul. Our second strings should have a field day so they too will be expected to do there job.

I rate the Stars reserves as the best in the EL, however at Monmore our pairing should outscore them.

I feel a much closer scoreline of 49-44,

Should be a good meeting to view again on Bet365. On paper is a tough one to call but what could swing this is how our youngsters got battered in the NL in recent seasons round Monmore.

Tai Woffinden - Niels Iversen

Jacob Thorssell - Nicklas Porsing

Ty Proctor - Kenneth Bjerre

Ricky Wells - Robert Lambert

Piotr Pawlicki - Rory Schlein

Joe Jacobs - Lewis Kerr

Ashley Morris - Lewis Rose

I predict 40-50 to the Stars.

Our biggest challenge so far particularly given that the Stars heat leaders can all be stunning at Monmore.

Id say without any question that Iversen has been the best visiting rider at the Green over the past 2 seasons.

I feel a much closer scoreline of 49-44,

If we can take a point from this match I'll be more than satisfied. The team Lynn have this year is capable of giving every team a match, home or away. Historically, we don't do well on tight track such as Lakeside and Eastbourne. Wolves has a strange track, with long straight and sharp corners, so yes it is tight but it is also fast. I wouldn't put this in the same category as the fore mentioned two but it does offer a massive advantage to those who ride there regularly.

Obviously a win would be nice, but I would happily take a point now........

After watching the team strength of King's Lynn. On Friday, I wouldn't be surprised if They got an away win

Does anybody know how Tai is now?

Is anyone going who wouldn't mind me tagging along? Starting work at 6 Tuesday so don't wanna drive myself #wuss

If we can take a point from this match I'll be more than satisfied. The team Lynn have this year is capable of giving every team a match, home or away. Historically, we don't do well on tight track such as Lakeside and Eastbourne. Wolves has a strange track, with long straight and sharp corners, so yes it is tight but it is also fast. I wouldn't put this in the same category as the fore mentioned two but it does offer a massive advantage to those who ride there regularly.

Obviously a win would be nice, but I would happily take a point now........

Absolutely, with the side you have assembled this season a minimum point from every away meeting is on the cards.

Wolves are unbeaten from meetings played so far and if we can take all points on offer then i think we have passed our first acid test where others (Cov at Brum and losing at home, Lakeside at Leicester) have fallen in meetings they would have expected to win.

It wont surprise me at all if the Stars come away with a win, such is their power this season but i have belief in our assembled side this season that we are a lot stronger than some give us credit for.

• Like 2