British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Belle Vue V Leicester 14/4/14

got to agree there, this is where our season starts.....................................................................hopefully.

• Like 1

Should be a home win for the Aces.

After a rain off :angry: at Glasgow today I will come over tomorrow.

Make sure the track's good, won't you ? :P

Don't be complacent against those Lions, 1-7 great team spirit and never give up. If Aces win by 7 then that's a great result

After a rain off :angry: at Glasgow today I will come over tomorrow.

Make sure the track's good, won't you ? :P

Probably won't be, was stock cars last week so expect gate 4 dominance.

Not expecting it to be easy. Mads and Doyle can do well at Kirky Lane and so can Patrick. The reserves are also an unknown quantity.

If I remember correctly, not easy at my age, the problem with gate 4 is that the stock cars dig it up and put a post in. Perhaps the answer is for Colin Meredith to do the same to the other gates when he is preparing the track, then when he takes them out all the gates will be equal.😁

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

As far as I am concerned, the Aces have to take full points from this fixture after their pointless start to the season. If we had nicked a point or two from either of the away fixtures, we could maybe relax a little, but if we have genuine play off ambitions, we need to get as many big home wins as we can, starting this evening hopefully!

Prediction: Aces 52 Lions 40.

If I remember correctly, not easy at my age, the problem with gate 4 is that the stock cars dig it up and put a post in. Perhaps the answer is for Colin Meredith to do the same to the other gates when he is preparing the track, then when he takes them out all the gates will be equal.

Yep not rocket science

Not expecting it to be easy. Mads and Doyle can do well at Kirky Lane and so can Patrick. The reserves are also an unknown quantity.

If I remember correctly, not easy at my age, the problem with gate 4 is that the stock cars dig it up and put a post in. Perhaps the answer is for Colin Meredith to do the same to the other gates when he is preparing the track, then when he takes them out all the gates will be equal.

I would have thought that the obvious answer would be to move the gate back about 10 feet :wink:

Depends on how the lower end of both sides do.

But should be bout a 12 point Aces win id reckon.

I would have thought that the obvious answer would be to move the gate back about 10 feet :wink:

Depends if the stock car post is linked to the starting gate position and if moving it affects the refs view of the start line. You could be right though.

Who are you going to support tonight? It's good to see Leicester back in the top league. I've got many memories of tight matches at Hyde Road and Blackbird Road, including the infamous track invasion.

Depends on how the lower end of both sides do.

But should be bout a 12 point Aces win id reckon.

I expect the Lions reserves to comfortably out score their Aces counterparts. The match could turn on this :wink:

Depends if the stock car post is linked to the starting gate position and if moving it affects the refs view of the start line. You could be right though.

Who are you going to support tonight? It's good to see Leicester back in the top league. I've got many memories of tight matches at Hyde Road and Blackbird Road, including the infamous track invasion.

Yes, my loyalties are divided. After the suffering that the Aces fans have gone through over the last 6 or 7 years I am looking for an Aces win. If they do, I just hope that they do it fair and square. After supporting Leicester from 1948 through to 1970 I do have a soft spot for them, but I must go for the Aces for their old history, and recent terrible later history. Lets hope for a good match :wink: