British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Brummies V Stars 18/04/14

Guest GiveusaB

I dont think R/R will make much difference to Birmingham, it not like Barker has been on form so far. Starke is a big miss though, who will guest?

You're probably right, but we know he can perform on the odd occasion! As for Starke's replacement? it will be any rider that we can get on the cheap? hence why they've used (no disrepect intended) Benji Compton twice already ! Our new team name this season is 'Budget Birmingham' ! :D I'm just gutted that I'm not going to see Lambert and NKI !

The Brummie's have gone quiet after these first couple of meetings for them. Would be nice to hear your opinions guys on what's going on??

To be brutally honest, a cheap team is performing rather like you'd expect, and morale and crowd levels are starting to suffer already.

I know people will shout budget at me, but people won't support a side that performs this badly, IMO more needed to be spent on team building to perform better and get more through the gate.

Fortunately I cant make it on Friday, otherwise my club loyalty would have me endure another battering! I watched KL at Coventry and although I was disappointed with Bjerre's performance, I thought Lambert looked a very exciting prospect! Why on earth would Birmingham agree to a change of race night if it meant 2 members of the team were'nt available? A comfortable 20 point win for KL is my prediction!

I think we usually get good crowds for a good friday meeting, but whoever is thinking about the crowd seems totally oblivious to the teams performance, no point rescheduling for a popular date if no one fancies turning up to watch a yet another likely tonking.

Haven't been to Birmingham since our PL days, but I'm intending to head over to Perry Barr on Friday. Stupid question, but what's the best way of getting to the stadium from the M6?

Haven't been to Birmingham since our PL days, but I'm intending to head over to Perry Barr on Friday. Stupid question, but what's the best way of getting to the stadium from the M6?

Straight down A34 (Walsall Road) off at Junction 7.

Straight road to Perry Barr (Stadium on Left)

This has got Brummie slaughter written all over it the only plus is I should think a few stars fans will travel to see it.

Straight down A34 (Walsall Road) off at Junction 7.

Straight road to Perry Barr (Stadium on Left)

That's what I thought you might say! SatNav normally sends us off at J6 from memory, but it did look more straightforward going from the direction you've mentioned!

• Like 1

That's what I thought you might say! SatNav normally sends us off at J6 from memory, but it did look more straightforward going from the direction you've mentioned!

What direction you coming from ?, Brum's on the money for from the M6 from up north.

If I were Brum fans I'd be calling for Wizzer to return too... he could do a decent job in that top 5.

• Like 1

According to the Plymouth web site Barker is riding for Birmingham on Good Friday and Mat Wethers takes his place for Plymouth. I thought Barker was Coventry asset and therefore his Premier club had first choice.

Edited by oldtimer

According to the Plymouth web site Barker is riding for Birmingham on Good Friday and Mat Wethers takes his place for Plymouth. I thought Barker was Coventry asset and therefore his Premier club had first choice.

come on ot you know things are never clear cut!

This has got Brummie slaughter written all over it the only plus is I should think a few stars fans will travel to see it.

well I won't be instead will be making my first visit of the season to the Showground for Panthers v Witches and Good Friday could well be my last visit this season owning to Panthers racing bloody Tuesdays who thought that up as a regular race night ?

well I won't be instead will be making my first visit of the season to the Showground for Panthers v Witches and Good Friday could well be my last visit this season owning to Panthers racing bloody Tuesdays who thought that up as a regular race night ?

The Swedes ??
  • Like 2

Thought all you wanted to see was EL.

Phil Morris retired from speedway racing because of an injury, he dosent ride any more, if he wanted to stay he would of, hes gone so can we get over it and carry on watching the fantastic brummies, who Im sure will beat the Stars by at least 10 points on Friday.

Looking at both sides it seems to me that the Brummies have the stronger of the two, king is due a great meeting, Barker will do better than last week, that wont be hard, he only has to get another point.

Skornicki is the new hero and due a 15 point max, Nermark up against his old team will want to do well can see at least ten from him,

Kennett showed his style by getting the only heat win at Lakeside, so I can see a big night for the Banger man, hopes he brings the car.

No Starke, so Im sure we will get a proper replacement to fill in and that lad will do well against the reserves from the Norfolk club and lambert will fulfil his rides with at least a couple of wins.

The Stars what have they got, Bjerre, Iversen, Schlien and that untried lambert kid, come on its easy a win for the BRUMMIES, hang on the Butler has just come in with my pills, it looks like its time for a lie down.

Come on you Brummies, easy, easy, easy. :party::t:

• Like 1

Thought all you wanted to see was EL.

just a shame we ain't got Pboro home and away like last Good Friday in the EL - yes EL is the League I like the most but I also like going to the Showground and if they was still in the EL I would have made a visits or two by now . I've been a regular at Pboro for several season now they are in the PL it doesn't hold so much interest but Panthers v Witches is as good as it gets .
  • Like 2