Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Brummies V Stars 18/04/14

If benji compton rides again in paul starkes place I'm not going

Well you can go then.Benji down to ride for Swindon on Friday. :wink:

Theres a lot of teams riding on Friday,plus 7 riders ranked above Starke in the draft I think the choices maybe very limited.

Edited by tellboy

@nigelpearson: Here's one for Birmingham #speedway fans... Breaking news from Perry Barr in my @birminghammail column tomorrow.

That's what I thought you might say! SatNav normally sends us off at J6 from memory, but it did look more straightforward going from the direction you've mentioned!

Stay on till 7. Much more straight forward!

• Like 1

What direction you coming from ?, Brum's on the money for from the M6 from up north.

M6 from the east. I'm a Norfolk girl obviously :approve: But according to CVS, not many of us Norfolk people leave the county all that often! :lol: He's going to rue the day he made that comment I tell ya!

well I won't be instead will be making my first visit of the season to the Showground for Panthers v Witches and Good Friday could well be my last visit this season owning to Panthers racing bloody Tuesdays who thought that up as a regular race night ?

Enjoy Haza! I've not made it back there this season yet, but will do when Newcastle are there later this month :approve: It was going to be Peterborough on Friday, but I changed my mind and opted for Birmingham, seeing as the Stars seem to be performing rather well on the road at present. Plus, going mid-week to Birmingham later in the season isn't an option.

Stay on till 7. Much more straight forward!

Take it that's also the best way to leave Birmingham too? Or not?

Seems the Drury's have left Birmingham.

More behind the scenes strife or amicable parting?

M6 from the east. I'm a Norfolk girl obviously :approve: But according to CVS, not many of us Norfolk people leave the county all that often! :lol: He's going to rue the day he made that comment I tell ya!

Enjoy Haza! I've not made it back there this season yet, but will do when Newcastle are there later this month :approve: It was going to be Peterborough on Friday, but I changed my mind and opted for Birmingham, seeing as the Stars seem to be performing rather well on the road at present. Plus, going mid-week to Birmingham later in the season isn't an option.

Probably best to stick to SteveBrums advice then, I think technically junction 6 is a shorter route, but woulden't advise doing battle with the Aston Expressway and City Centre ring road on a good friday afternoon!.

Guest GiveusaB

Steve's advice is fairly straight forward, but you will hit major traffic problems from M6 jctn 5 to way past 7.....so my advice would be to come off at Jctn 5 and follow A452 Chester rd (Erdington) for approx 3 miles and then turn left on to A453 College rd......the track is approx 2/3 miles on the right ! (College road is sign posted Perry Barr) ! It's very easy and you can also go the same way back to M6 South!

Probably best to stick to SteveBrums advice then, I think technically junction 6 is a shorter route, but woulden't advise doing battle with the Aston Expressway and City Centre ring road on a good friday afternoon!.

Id agree that Junction 6 is probably the shortest route but nowhere near as straight forward!

Avoiding the City on a bank holiday surely is a must!

Can only see a Lynn win here.

Drury gone did I read that right?? That's a good thing though isn't it?

Steve's advice is fairly straight forward, but you will hit major traffic problems from M6 jctn 5 to way past 7.....so my advice would be to come off at Jctn 5 and follow A452 Chester rd (Erdington) for approx 3 miles and then turn left on to A453 College rd......the track is approx 2/3 miles on the right ! (College road is sign posted Perry Barr) ! It's very easy and you can also go the same way back to M6 South!

Funny that, as that's what the AA online route planner tells me to do too! Obviously knows the traffic issues? Isn't there a one way system around the stadium from memory? How would that affect getting in and out of the car park? The last time I went, I wasn't driving or navigating. Myself and my dad were passengers (how relaxing!) but this time round, we're doing it ourselves. We just want something that's relatively straightforward, and we know from experience that sometimes SatNavs aren't the best things to rely on.

Funny that, as that's what the AA online route planner tells me to do too! Obviously knows the traffic issues? Isn't there a one way system around the stadium from memory? How would that affect getting in and out of the car park? The last time I went, I wasn't driving or navigating. Myself and my dad were passengers (how relaxing!) but this time round, we're doing it ourselves. We just want something that's relatively straightforward, and we know from experience that sometimes SatNavs aren't the best things to rely on.

Very limited parking space at the track, and yes it is a one way system around Perry Barr. Most park on the One Stop Shopping Centre car park across the road

A recently opened new parking area is now available to use.

Just drive around the corner past the stadium car park with the stadium on the left & its situated right next to the to the v.i.p.car park.

its £2.50 same as the stadium charge or free parking available at the On Stop Shopping Centre a 5 minute walk away.

Whenever I went to Brum from the east I'd come off (and one) at junction 7. It's straight down for a bit, turn off to the left just before the stadium/one-stop shop. Then follow the signs to the one-stop. When you leave then you're pointing back up towards the M6 as the entrance/exit to the One-Stop requires you to double back for a tiny bit.

It's easy enough if you follow the signs for the one-stop tbh.

This sounds alright actually looking at the map, but BBC travel website reports that there's roadworks from M6/J5 to B4148 on the A452... Is that going to cause a headache do you know? Or will traffic on the M6 between J5-J7 be more of a headache in comparison?

Very limited parking space at the track, and yes it is a one way system around Perry Barr. Most park on the One Stop Shopping Centre car park across the road

I'll make sure I get car parking at the stadium :wink: We're going to allow ourselves plenty of time.

A recently opened new parking area is now available to use.

Just drive around the corner past the stadium car park with the stadium on the left & its situated right next to the to the v.i.p.car park.

its £2.50 same as the stadium charge or free parking available at the On Stop Shopping Centre a 5 minute walk away.

Whenever I went to Brum from the east I'd come off (and one) at junction 7. It's straight down for a bit, turn off to the left just before the stadium/one-stop shop. Then follow the signs to the one-stop. When you leave then you're pointing back up towards the M6 as the entrance/exit to the One-Stop requires you to double back for a tiny bit.

It's easy enough if you follow the signs for the one-stop tbh.

Cheers both! Useful to know there's another car parking area!

• Like 1