British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Brummies V Stars 18/04/14

Take it that's also the best way to leave Birmingham too? Or not?

If you come off at J6 and drive into Perry Barr from there, you will get a first hand feel for what was going through Darcy Ward and Chris Holders heads when they made their famous tweets about the city's population.

The J7 route is far more pleasant if a mile or two longer. The M6 has just opened up as a "Smart motorway" (it said on telly tonight) so all the traffic hold-ups of old ought to be a thing of the past and covering the extra mile or two to J7 shouldn't be a problem.

Getting back to the M6 by heading back to J7 will allow you to visit a kind of a Speedway shrine. Marco's Chip Shop. A stopping off point for many a speedway rider and fan for many many years. It just HAS to be done.

Birmingham for an easy win as all Lynn riders will suffer from mysterious punctures... watch this space.

Getting back to the M6 by heading back to J7 will allow you to visit a kind of a Speedway shrine. Marco's Chip Shop. A stopping off point for many a speedway rider and fan for many many years. It just HAS to be done.

I can vouch for Marcos. Good chips, quite cheap too.

I hope you Stars supporters are going to bring a lot of tissues, when the Brummies give you a trashing, you will need them on the way home, they do have a lot of shops in the one stop, well it is a shopping centre.

Brummies to get 50 plus, thats over the two meeting of course this one and the one later in the year.

Please bring a lot of friends with its getting a bit lonely at Perry barr.

I must warn you about the detour sign outside the stadium, that directs people into the stadium, this is just a ploy by the promotion to get people into the stadium, once there in they dont get out until theyve watched a meeting, no matter how much they beg.

Everybodys welcome and I mean everybody, please come, please. :party:

I hope you Stars supporters are going to bring a lot of tissues....... you will need them on the way home,

Wrong on every level, being on a phone whilst driving is bad enough.

Edited by Kester
  • Like 4

Funny that, as that's what the AA online route planner tells me to do too! Obviously knows the traffic issues? Isn't there a one way system around the stadium from memory? How would that affect getting in and out of the car park? The last time I went, I wasn't driving or navigating. Myself and my dad were passengers (how relaxing!) but this time round, we're doing it ourselves. We just want something that's relatively straightforward, and we know from experience that sometimes SatNavs aren't the best things to rely on.

em, Leave at Jct 7, trust me its nice and simple, and if you are nice and early a little tip :wink: just as you get to the Stadium Grandstand on your left, Turn right at those Traffic Lights, Iv always 100% got on street parking in that street. When you leave back to your Car, you just continue along that road to Traffic Lights, Turn right, then continue to the 1st Island Turn right or 3rd exit (same thing) thats the same road that brought you into Birmingham back up to Jct 7. Whichever you decide have a good day, but dont Ommer Um to badly.

Guest GiveusaB

This sounds alright actually looking at the map, but BBC travel website reports that there's roadworks from M6/J5 to B4148 on the A452... Is that going to cause a headache do you know? Or will traffic on the M6 between J5-J7 be more of a headache in comparison?

I'll make sure I get car parking at the stadium :wink: We're going to allow ourselves plenty of time.

Cheers both! Useful to know there's another car parking area!

Not only is there far more traffic, its approx. 15 miles longer IMO ??? Go my way its shorter, quicker and easier !!! (there's no road works and no one way system to navigate!). TRUST ME....I go this way every home meeting, without any hassle!

I hope you Stars supporters are going to bring a lot of tissues, when the Brummies give you a trashing, you will need them on the way home,

Us Brummies will too, for different reasons...!

• Like 1

Anyway enough of all these directions,what does Birmingham have to offer in places to visit or things to do.Will be coming up for the day with missus and daughter (15yrs old).Wondered whether any zoo's or any other interesting things to to in or around Birmingham.

Just stay at Perry Barr stadium mate, its one big circus there now, and you will see a few clowns as well,

Shopping at the bull ring if you have 2 women in tow.... loads of bars / cafes round there .... pop into the world famous rag market then erm erm oh there's a nature reserve which is ok by cannon hill park then have a look at the new edgbaston stand while your there now your running out of time get down perry brr

If you come off at J6 and drive into Perry Barr from there, you will get a first hand feel for what was going through Darcy Ward and Chris Holders heads when they made their famous tweets about the city's population.

The J7 route is far more pleasant if a mile or two longer. The M6 has just opened up as a "Smart motorway" (it said on telly tonight) so all the traffic hold-ups of old ought to be a thing of the past and covering the extra mile or two to J7 shouldn't be a problem.

em, Leave at Jct 7, trust me its nice and simple, and if you are nice and early a little tip :wink: just as you get to the Stadium Grandstand on your left, Turn right at those Traffic Lights, Iv always 100% got on street parking in that street. When you leave back to your Car, you just continue along that road to Traffic Lights, Turn right, then continue to the 1st Island Turn right or 3rd exit (same thing) thats the same road that brought you into Birmingham back up to Jct 7. Whichever you decide have a good day, but dont Ommer Um to badly.

Not only is there far more traffic, its approx. 15 miles longer IMO ??? Go my way its shorter, quicker and easier !!! (there's no road works and no one way system to navigate!). TRUST ME....I go this way every home meeting, without any hassle!

Thanks all :t: Whatever way we go in, we'll try to enjoy ourselves :wink: I can't remember much about Birmingham (although it has been 4 years since I was last there!) so it'll be good to have a change of scenery. Stopping off at Leicester on the return journey and will take in some more speedway action there v Coventry on Saturday night, so we won't have far to travel, unlike many other Stars supporters who'll probably just head straight home. I may soon end up broke :lol: but it is a local derby for Lions and Bees fans, so it might be a cracker...even though Leicester isn't renowned for passing.

Thinking back to the meeting the topic's about (LOL) neither of "Team Lewis" or Robert Lambert have ridden round Birmingham before as far as I know, so that in itself might even things out a bit, but we'll see. It'll be good to watch them all giving it a go I'm sure, no matter what the result ends up being.

Are you bringing the flag?

Bringing the flag?! HELL YES! :party: I may even bring my old banner I made from 2006... Need to make another much larger one in all honesty, but need to find the time to make it!

• Like 1