British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees V Leicester Lions 18/4/14

I know it's a bit misrable today, Thursday, but accoring to reports the sunshine is set to make a return on Friday and Saturday.

Yes Stead is riding for Sheffield at Redcar Friday.

Me too but more for the fact I was sitting on the top deck when it got damaged by branches from trees on route. Pretty scary! :lol: No M69 in those days but I can't remember exactly where the incident happened.

Where is Simon? I was looking forward to watching him as he's one of my favourite riders. :sad:

He's riding for Sheffield. X

Coventry will have Max Ficke as a guest for the Saturday meeting in place of Howarth

Thanks.

Coventry will have Max Ficke as a guest for the Saturday meeting in place of Howarth.....

Blimey! Never heard of him. Hope he can gate.

Thanks.

Blimey! Never heard of him. Hope he can gate.

Gem, he's a young Aussie doing well at Edinburgh, so with a bit of luck he'll pick up a few points for the Bees. And its Fricke not Ficke, hope you enjoy the meeting, brings back memories of the olden days lol

Edited by jrs
  • Like 1

Max Fricke rides for Edinburgh, is 18 years old, 5.80 average and has been popping in double-figure scores this season.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/results/

I watched him guest for someone (can't remember who) last year and was impressed. His main job is to beat their reserves and he should do that at least.

I watched him guest for someone (can't remember who) last year and was impressed. His main job is to beat their reserves and he should do that at least.

He guested for Swindon in a Sky meeting I think last season.

Ipswich should finish before 4.15 which gives him 3 hours to get here, usually takes 2 hours ish. Hopefully the traffic isnt too bad. Ricky Wells guesting for Simon Stead.

Maybe 2 hours ish by broomstick ......no way by road. 3 to 4 hours more like.

136 miles / 3hrs driving, that is without any traffic delays . it will be a close call for RF

• Like 1

If my memory serves me right was that the meeting when Josh Auty accidentally broke the tapes?

done as he was told you mean,it was so blatant what was going on,I felt for auty,don't think barker did very well that day either.

Will he make it from Ipswich on Good Friday very doubtful and also could be potentially very dangerous trying.

They might have been best putting him at no 4 so gives him but more time as not out in first heat

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

3 hours if you stick to the speed limit... I don't drive but I've done the journey quicker than that as a passenger. Its the Holiday traffic I'm worried about, Horton will hopefully say don't put him in heat 15 if time is tight.

They might have been best putting him at no 4 so gives him but more time as not out in first heat

Can they change riding order once its announced? It would be a good idea if they can.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

3 hours if you stick to the speed limit... I don't drive but I've done the journey quicker than that as a passenger. Its the Holiday traffic I'm worried about, Horton will hopefully say don't put him in heat 15 if time is tight.

Can they change riding order once its announced? It would be a good idea if they can.

What? LOL :D :D