British Speedway Forum
Speedwaycrazy

Lakeside V Eastbourne/ Eastbourne V Lakeside

I believe that Bech is available for the home meeting, but not for the return at Arlington.

He's flying home to take part in a 'qualifier meeting' apparently.

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/content/?p=7263

So, in effect,........bang goes any chance of an away point. :(

• Like 1

With a couple of probable also rans in reserve for Eastbourne, Lakeside have a pretty certain 12 point start both Home and Away so a big Home win and at least a point possibly more Away should be expected. They caught a lucky break having a double header on what is the only planned occasion when both Eastbourne reserves are elsewhere and 20 EL/PL teams are riding so no hope of a reasonable guest.

With a couple of probable also rans in reserve for Eastbourne, Lakeside have a pretty certain 12 point start both Home and Away so a big Home win and at least a point possibly more Away should be expected. They caught a lucky break having a double header on what is the only planned occasion when both Eastbourne reserves are elsewhere and 20 EL/PL teams are riding so no hope of a reasonable guest.

Always difficult to win at Eastie when they have Dugard riding at No8

• Like 2

Any ideas as to who will replace Mikkel at Eastbourne? With most teams riding that day, Claus Vissing seems to be the best bet!

Any ideas as to who will replace Mikkel at Eastbourne? With most teams riding that day, Claus Vissing seems to be the best bet!

jon Cook said R/R

jon Cook said R/R

So that's Lawson, Bridger, Ellis and possibly Morley taking his rides if we are stuck!

Quite a loss really having no Bech...although Eastie also having 'no reserves' will even it up, I wasn't going to go to the evening meeting but I think we could get something there now!!!! :t:

jon Cook said R/R

Guess that's probably the best idea. Extra rides for Lewis, Richard & 2 for the reserves. Think Ben will excel on this track. Take it easy Adam, no need to be 100%, 100% of the time :)

Thanks cityrebel, see you there :)

For anyone coming to eastbourne with kids aged 6-11 buy the argus on sale outside and get each child with a paying adult in for a £1 also for the first 100 children through the turnstiles there's a free easter egg

• Like 1

Bech being unavailable will certainly leave quite a hole in the team for the away meeting considering how well he's been scoring so far this season, but hopefully we should get a few points out of R/R and Eastbourne's reserves situation should even things out. At least he's there for the home meeting.

I hope Ben Morley continues improving and has a good night at Eastbourne - the track should suit him. The Eagles top 5 look very solid at home so we'll need a good performance from Lewis at Arlington. Hopefully he can start to settle down on the new equipment and get some consistency going. We could do with picking up at least a point away.

It's a shame that I'm out of the country as I usually travel down to Eastbourne every year - I'll try to make the B fixture later in the season!

• Like 1

It would appear that only PL apply preference not NL as Dan Halsey is not in the Midenhall team at Scunthorpe on Friday but takes his place with the Eagles. Ben Hopwood for Lewis Blackbird weakens us but we should be able to cope with that.

Is there anyone who is going to the Lakeside leg of the meetings who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Ben Hopwood guest for Eagles in both meetings?

Funny thing, tried to find any info about him. Expected another youngster.

Born 11-03-1981. Really young, only 33. :D

An up and coming teenager then :D , I thought this system was to help up and coming British youngsters.

• Like 2

11/03/1991