British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
semion

Kings Lynn V Belle Vue 16/4

Depends how you define poor really. It was smooth and consistent with no holes and plenty of dirt, just think it was a little too grippy early on. A little slicker next week would be good.

Good meeting I thought, track was a lot different to what it's been recently which I think evened things out for the top boys, BUT definitely gave our young lads a big advantage who were far more used to the NA.

Very happy with Lewis Rose, that lad can gate! Just showed a little inexperience to let MPT passed on the outside late on in the meeting but he's still learning and will only get better. Really enjoying the impact the 3 local lads are having on the meetings.

Also, nice to see the programme changed and was easier to fill in this week!

I thought the meeting was actually quite good, no complaints with the track but when you have it smooth and quite easy to ride you will get FTG races - even in those the result was never certain. Lookiing at the teams and pairing riders with their opposite number, Belle Vue were better at 1&3 (Zagar & Nicholls) with Lynn better in all other positions and I think that is a fair representation of what occurred. The reserves have a huge impact this year given two separate races and 10-2 from those two gives the away side a big uphill battle.

For Belle Vue, Reade in particular looked well below the standard of all the rest. I thought Palm Toft did really well and Nicholls was kicking himself for taking the wrong line around the last two bends in heat 10. Didn't like Zagar giving up in heat 11 when last on the 3rd lap(the only race he didn't make the start in) and I'd be telling him so if I was team manager. Cook was again poor and he can't last much longer as one of their top two.

For King's Lynn, Bjerre was his usual self, fast from the start, Porsing impressed but the big story was at reserve. The burger and chips were actually quite good as well but I won't be buying a pamphlet next time, will take my own scorecard.

Edited by SPEEDY69

I have to agree with all you say there. Obviously it's going to be a last minute rush for some, as I know someone who works 20-miles away, and doesn't finish work until 7.00pm, yet is still in the stadium before the official start time. There were no problems in the area on the roads, so there can be no real reason for being late, certainly not in large numbers like that.

As for the speedway so far this year, I've got to say I've been highly impressed with Nicklas Porsing, and although I didn't think the racing was very good last night, I must admit that this year is the first time that I've enjoyed Elite League racing since we rejoined it. So for me, the new system works, apart from the fact that I don't really like the way that the visiting number 4 takes his final rider, assuming he doesn't go in the nominated heat, before the interval.

Okay, I'm going to get this off my chest, will people please stop moaning to me about this years programme, which has become quite tiresome and irritating. Just because I've been a contributor over the years, doesn't make me responsible for the design of the programme, so it's pointless moaning at me. Yes, I agree with you, that it's a terrible programme, and as I said on a posting previously, it's without doubt the worst that we've ever produced. But that's what the management have decided they want to go with, and at the end of the day, you do have an option to not buy one, if your feelings are that strong, which they obviously are.

As for the man who was wearing a 'Silver Machine' jacket last night is concerned, I can't agree with you sir, it's far to slippery to use as toilet paper!!!!!

Good luck to the lads at Birmingham tomorrow, where I'm pretty confident we can leave with some more points in the bag.

I don't suppose it has anything to do with the fact that it would take a disaster for this team to not qualify for the play off final with your team that you're enjoying it?.

That's not exactly true. Belle Vue and Poole for example have run NL teams but just not last year, so to that extent KL and Coventry are lucky to have been running them at the right time. Belle Vue were losing too much money to continue with the Colts.

so it's Kings Lynn fault Poole and Belle Vue was losing money at NL leavel ? Kings Lynn have run a NL team for many season I feel at few comments on here based around Kerr and Rose is based on jealously pure and simple . Again others could have run NL teams but didn't - not Kings Lynn fault . Edited by Haza

To be fair Lynn are in the VERY envious position of owning their stadium, I guess if all clubs did they would all run junior teams?

• Like 2

I have to agree with all you say there. Obviously it's going to be a last minute rush for some, as I know someone who works 20-miles away, and doesn't finish work until 7.00pm, yet is still in the stadium before the official start time. There were no problems in the area on the roads, so there can be no real reason for being late, certainly not in large numbers like that.

As for the speedway so far this year, I've got to say I've been highly impressed with Nicklas Porsing, and although I didn't think the racing was very good last night, I must admit that this year is the first time that I've enjoyed Elite League racing since we rejoined it. So for me, the new system works, apart from the fact that I don't really like the way that the visiting number 4 takes his final rider, assuming he doesn't go in the nominated heat, before the interval.

Okay, I'm going to get this off my chest, will people please stop moaning to me about this years programme, which has become quite tiresome and irritating. Just because I've been a contributor over the years, doesn't make me responsible for the design of the programme, so it's pointless moaning at me. Yes, I agree with you, that it's a terrible programme, and as I said on a posting previously, it's without doubt the worst that we've ever produced. But that's what the management have decided they want to go with, and at the end of the day, you do have an option to not buy one, if your feelings are that strong, which they obviously are.

As for the man who was wearing a 'Silver Machine' jacket last night is concerned, I can't agree with you sir, it's far to slippery to use as toilet paper!!!!!

Good luck to the lads at Birmingham tomorrow, where I'm pretty confident we can leave with some more points in the bag.

Assume you mean number 3 not 4. I agree if that's the case because it does then make an appearance in heat 15 much more difficult due to the gap in races. As i said earlier, the two reserve races have a big effect this year and maybe next year it will be more even.

To be fair Lynn are in the VERY envious position of owning their stadium, I guess if all clubs did they would all run junior teams?

I agree there we are lucky owning our own stadium but I'd guess some NL meetings at Lynn don't always run at a profit - the Chapmans have put a lot of effort into the NL team and they are now getting some rewards for doing so .

Thing to also remember is 5 of our 2014 team are club assets .

Another good crowd, Pity we were made to wait for the stragglers to arrive though.

It's a terrible loop. I got fed up of turning up at meeting to wait 10 minutes. So I started turning up later and later. Sometimes I'd miss the parade - so what. But at least I was never left hanging around. only ever missed any action in a Cov/Peterborugh good Friday 11am meeting and luckily for me Christian Heffenbrock decided to break his ankle in heat 1 and delay things for me to get in!

Good meeting I thought, track was a lot different to what it's been recently which I think evened things out for the top boys, BUT definitely gave our young lads a big advantage who were far more used to the NA.

Very happy with Lewis Rose, that lad can gate! Just showed a little inexperience to let MPT passed on the outside late on in the meeting but he's still learning and will only get better. Really enjoying the impact the 3 local lads are having on the meetings.

Also, nice to see the programme changed and was easier to fill in this week!

Just checked the scores, it was Richie who snuck around Lewis Rose not MPT.

Cant see any problem with any side having the priority over their own assets at reserve, hopefully when we get the move we will then be able to bring on some good promising local young riders that we ourselves can use, similar to all the talent that came through at Hyde Road, because we are not in that position at the moment dosent mean those that are shouldn't use the assets they've brought on.

I went last night and thought the racing was OK. Not much passing but some close racing.

Shame about the mismatched reserves, it really spoilt the meeting for me.

Why didn't the Aces put a rider off double points or was it too late?

I haven't really kept up-to-date with the rule changes.

why shouldn't bees and Stars use there owns assets both clubs have spent time and money running NL teams whilst others could have but didn't .

Because it's unfair when you do a draft ...you let people who they want or you have draft when the bottom team get's the first pick of any draft rider . ,Maybe we should have no points limit then say tough luck on the smaller teams and they have not got the same money as Poole etc .

Because it's unfair when you do a draft ...you let people who they want or you have draft when the bottom team get's the first pick of any draft rider . ,Maybe we should have no points limit then say tough luck on the smaller teams and they have not got the same money as Poole etc .

so if it was your team / club and your club had helped to produce home grown talent via the NL you'd be more than happy to loan the riders out ? I wondered how long it would be before the moaners started about Kings Lynn 6/7 - sour grapes springs to mind but why not have a word with your club and see about the possibility about your club running NL .
  • Like 1