British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
semion

Kings Lynn V Belle Vue 16/4

Like I said in post No 90 I believe all the problem have to lay at the BSPA door. I understand the idea of a draft system, but long term it can never work for the reasons you outlined above. Firstly we need all the league teams to be working together, that's all the clubs from all three leagues. Forget the draft system, but implement a progression through the leagues system. eg, Each Elite team must field a British PL rider at 6 and a British NL rider at 7; Each PL must run British NL rider at 7.. There would be no need for a new League format and all CMA would have been representative of the riders ability.

There would be a continuality for both teams and riders, without losing the original concept we had.

True things could have be done better but they have chosen to have a draft system and the only way a draft system has any chance to work is if it is fair to all clubs which is an open pick for all clubs.No chance then of the system being manipulated.

• Like 1

I think we are all getting carried away here, and thread now reeks of jealousy of the standing of the Lynn Stars. The Elite league this year, 2014, Is not just about Draft riders, it is about survival. Draft riders were included to bring down the cost of promoting this sport. We as a club have been running a second team purely to give the young , new riders the opportunity to progress. This principal was to benefit Kings Lynn in the future when these riders improve to Elite status. The idea of all this was because the Stars were thinking of the future and for the good of the sport.

During this time Buster could have spent his money differently and wasted it, on top riders just to buy success that will evidently kills off the opposition and the sport. Nobody likes a 'Money' club . But Buster has done it right. Now you are saying, because the league are incorporating draft riders into each team, Buster has to lose the riders he has nourished over the years because other teams didn't think it was important. Talk about Sour grape.

I except Lynn are now in a fortunate position this year and have assembled a team capable of winning. So good luck to them, they have done it the right way. The crowds are coming back, the excitement of watching these young riders, the environment it creates, everything about it feels right.

Instead of pillaring the club and the fairness of the Draft system, aim your discontentment towards the BSPA and about the way they run our sport. How can clubs/people plan ahead when no-one knows what is happening next year. The 3 leagues cannot even work together on a draft system. Isn't it about time we had a structure in place for all the leagues to have a united front and promote the sport forward, when thinking ahead was of paramount importance.

Everyone would then know what the future held..

This the sort of attitude that I was talking about ...Kings Lynn are doing great so everything is great who cares about anyone else .Rules have always been in place that mean other teams have to loan there assets to other club that is how Speedway works .

As I said before you have draft system that is a level playing field or have a system when you all teams can used all there assets with no points limit . No one blames Kings Lynn but your selfish attitude stinks .

I thought the meeting was actually quite good, no complaints with the track but when you have it smooth and quite easy to ride you will get FTG races - even in those the result was never certain. Lookiing at the teams and pairing riders with their opposite number, Belle Vue were better at 1&3 (Zagar & Nicholls) with Lynn better in all other positions and I think that is a fair representation of what occurred. The reserves have a huge impact this year given two separate races and 10-2 from those two gives the away side a big uphill battle.

For Belle Vue, Reade in particular looked well below the standard of all the rest. I thought Palm Toft did really well and Nicholls was kicking himself for taking the wrong line around the last two bends in heat 10. Didn't like Zagar giving up in heat 11 when last on the 3rd lap(the only race he didn't make the start in) and I'd be telling him so if I was team manager. Cook was again poor and he can't last much longer as one of their top two.

For King's Lynn, Bjerre was his usual self, fast from the start, Porsing impressed but the big story was at reserve. The burger and chips were actually quite good as well but I won't be buying a pamphlet next time, will take my own scorecard.

Have to disagree re cook. If u look at the heats, the only extra point you would have exoected him to get wss besting porsing. But around kl you would have expected him to lose out to schlein in one if their clashes. Dont think you eould expect him to best bjerre or nki so he scored bssically as expected. think 2nd/3rd heatleaders are getting a lot of ill deserved criticism this year, when the factis any maintaining their average are doing very well.

This the sort of attitude that I was talking about ...Kings Lynn are doing great so everything is great who cares about anyone else .Rules have always been in place that mean other teams have to loan there assets to other club that is how Speedway works .

Yes this is true,but you only loan out assets you don't want surely?No team would say to a rider your our asset,we want to use you this season but we got to let you go it's the rules :o .You only have to loan your assets out if they are not required by your team.

Yes this is true,but you only loan out assets you don't want surely?No team would say to a rider your our asset,we want to use you this season but we got to let you go it's the rules :o .You only have to loan your assets out if they are not required by your team.

So if there was no draft rule Kerr and Rose would have still been in your side ? I am sure Swindon would be more than Happy to Put there asset Jason Doyle at reserve if the rules allowed it.

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Someone should tell Poole! And try telling that to a Peterborough fan :wink:

As I said before you have draft system that is a level playing field or have a system when you all teams can used all there assets with no points limit . No one blames Kings Lynn but your selfish attitude stinks .

you make me laugh its pure sour grapes nothing more nothing less .

So if there was no draft rule Kerr and Rose would have still been in your side ? I am sure Swindon would be more than Happy to Put there asset Jason Doyle at reserve if the rules allowed it.

yes that's be a great reserve with Doyel at 6/7 if rules allowed only problem Swindon would be closed down by June cus they couldn't pay there riders - so that would be a great move

you make me laugh its pure sour grapes nothing more nothing less .

yes that's be a great reserve with Doyel at 6/7 if rules allowed only problem Swindon would be closed down by June cus they couldn't pay there riders - so that would be a great move

is that all you can say ? sour grapes it's funny because that is what Starman tends to say when can't come up with an answer ...See you are even acting like a Poole Fan now .

• Like 2

is that all you can say ? sour grapes it's funny because that is what Starman tends to say when can't come up with an answer ...See you are even acting like a Poole Fan now .

PML your so funny

I am sure Swindon would be more than Happy to Put there asset Jason Doyle at reserve if the rules allowed it.

Orion classic. :rofl::rofl:

That's wonderful, first you're saying it's unfair for Lynn to have such strong draft rides, Because I agree with the fact Lynn have a good team this year, now it's my attitude that stinks. Brilliant.....

Nobody cares more about speedway then I do, I am all for the good of the sport. The importance of winning is wasted on me, and I've no time for those who put it first. The way that some of the teams have won the league recently has been a joke. When that happens, they get no congratulations from me. and I treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Like I said, we have a good team this year with a chance of success. Come August and we are not in the frame for the play-offs, I would much rather persevere with the same team we have, than Buster go out and buy whoever just to be a winner. We start as a team and finish with the team. That's more important than winning......

For you to refer to me as selfish is as far from the truth as possible.

• Like 3

Why dont Kings Lynn change their colours back to Yellow with Green stars ? , the present logo looks like something off a detergent bottle !

just a thought