British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ghostie

Chris Bomber Harris Performances

If the captain goes public about his feeling of the track, it creates a negative attitude towards it. Bomber should have keep his feelings to himself and talk direct to the Promoter / Trackman about the track not use it as an excuse.

Some of our riders said after the meeting the track was poor, but they talking about the inconsistency of it .

I think you`re dead right there. I thought the same don` t think its good for the captain to be talking negatively thats why I suggested Hans would be a better captain. Even in the Bees good times the condition of the track was often brought up especially when they had struggled to win

As a Birmingham fan? I'm glad Coventry had him back ! good in his day, but he's an also ran now! He should relinquish his place in the GP too, I'm embarrassed for him! I'd rather see Craig Cook in there! No disrespect intended to Chris....he's a gutsy, affable man !

I would suggest that if he has another GP like the last he does just what you say it`ll be better for his health...

It does appear Harris is now in a very low state of confidence and you can tell by his interviews and the way he's riding. I hate seeing that. It's heartbreaking.

However he needs to realise he's not the top rider anymore and he should learn his level and maybe he would enjoy his sport a bit more. Unfortunately he is forever declining, perhaps in an even faster decline than Nicholls who will continue to decline also (despite a good start to the season). I want Bomber to enjoy his speedway and he needs to learn of the level he is at to do so.[/quote

The difference between Scott and Chris is that Scott doesn't blame his tools(track/set up, etc)and just gets on with racing and he is still doing justice to the elite league. Maybe Chris would be better in the premier league IF he continues to struggle?No shame in that?

Guest GiveusaB

Chris's obvious weak spot is his reaction levels at the start ? and naturally your reactions slow with age.....so he will always be up against nature I guess?

He very rarely gets passed when he makes the gate ( at league level....) trouble is, he very rarely makes the gate!

As a Birmingham fan? I'm glad Coventry had him back ! good in his day, but he's an also ran now! He should relinquish his place in the GP too, I'm embarrassed for him! I'd rather see Craig Cook in there! No disrespect intended to Chris....he's a gutsy, affable man !

And we're all glad you have Ed Kennett. So we're all happy.

Chris earned his place (just - due to Gollob pulling out) - Craig Cook didn't - so it doesn't matter who you'd rather see. Can only see us having one Brit in the SGPs for at least a couple of years after this - assuming Tai stays injury free

Obviously you don't want to see a rider suffer, but in some cases it's all their own doing.

I've heard that when he entered the GPs in 2007, he acquired a sponsor, a wealthy man who was willing to help him out. However after a year or two the guy stopper sponsoring Harris, as apparently he was one of the most unorganised 'professional' sports persons he'd ever met. And it's not hard to believe, he's always blaming his equipment, but at the end of the day that's his job to sort that out!

Edited by speedy17

Bomber has had a long and illustreus carear and has been a good servent to speedway.

Sadly he is on the downslope towards retyrement and not doing too well at prescent.

Fans have a righte to slag him off as they pay there money but the guy does not do well when he gets critased so it just adds to his pradicament.

True he has moaned his way into the SGP a few times and does make a lot of excusas but he was and still is a good team man.

I think he made a misteak entering the SGP as he was never good enuogh for that qualaty of comepetition and it just adds to his woes.

He was lamanteble in Poland at the weekend but had an excusces for that due to using bikes provieded by the home team which in itself shows he is not commited there.

I hope he gets sorterd out as the guy is a descant rider which is something we have a dearth of here and its sad to see him this way.

I don't know what he is doing on Twitter as he will just get wound up there and for someone in his pasition Twitter is the last thing he needs.

Yes indeed my spelling was atrocious and like Bomber on Twitter some of the twits here need to find better things to do than whine about spelling :)

Guest GiveusaB

And we're all glad you have Ed Kennett. So we're all happy.

Ner ner ner ner......Grow up!

You can buy him some sour grapes after a loss.

The last thing an honest pro wants after trying his best to earn his living but having a bad meeting is someone he doesn't know tweeting criticism.

No doubt your tweet wasn't aimed to be malicious but it hasn't served a purpose bar slagging him off for letting his team mates and fans down. No wonder you got blocked.

I wasn't slagging him off, I was a very disappointed bees follower Edited by ghostie

Thing is I never understood with Bomber was constant changes to his gear and crew every year, he needed consistency there. Far as im aware everything is the same this year so I would expect him to improve as the season goes on. He is over in Poland today with Bridger testing equipment so he certainly isnt letting it lie, he knows it hasnt been good enough so far. I hope and predict this thread will be dead and buried after the weekend meetings, 16+ from the two meetings should do that.

• Like 1

Thing is I never understood with Bomber was constant changes to his gear and crew every year, he needed consistency there. Far as im aware everything is the same this year so I would expect him to improve as the season goes on. He is over in Poland today with Bridger testing equipment so he certainly isnt letting it lie, he knows it hasnt been good enough so far. I hope and predict this thread will be dead and buried after the weekend meetings, 16+ from the two meetings should do that.

Here's one coventry bee follower who hopes your right.

I want him to produce his best for speedway in general

I wasn't slagging him off, I was a very disappointed bees follower

Other riders have disappointed in meetings this season did you tweet them your disgust? Just seems people are targetting him at the minute.

Here's one coventry bee follower who hopes your right.

I want him to produce his best for speedway in general

He will get it right, he always does eventually. Tweet just seemed harsh to me but lets hope for a better performance at the weekend. Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

I don't know what he is doing on Twitter as he will just get wound up there and for someone in his pasition Twitter is the last thing he needs.

Yes indeed my spelling was atrocious and like Bomber on Twitter some of the twits here need to find better things to do than whine about spelling :)

Looks like some need to find better things to do than moan on twitter and slate a rider then whinge and moan on here about getting blocked by that rider. Sounds like someone has way to much time on their hands. :P

So obviously something more needs to be done about the track tell the Pole! Coventry ought to be able to get this one sorted for goodness sakes!! Give Bomber something to bomb on ;)

so we do the track for one rider what about the other 6