British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Glasgow (lc) 18/4/14 @ 7.30pm

Might be more even that you think, if Cookie or Steve Worrall get any real delay from their morning matches then they wont be at the Dale either.

Might be more even that you think, if Cookie or Steve Worrall get any real delay from their morning matches then they wont be at the Dale either.

We'll need them to be exhausted and miss their first two rides to stand a chance!

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1

People also seem to be forgetting the Glasgow promotion hadn't planned on having two U21 Danes at reserve this season. The Joey Ringwood situation obviously brought that about and forced their hand.

• Like 1

People also seem to be forgetting the Glasgow promotion hadn't planned on having two U21 Danes at reserve this season. The Joey Ringwood situation obviously brought that about and forced their hand.

Await incoming about a situation they created for themselves.

• Like 1

Await incoming about a situation they created for themselves.

Couldnae care less, mate....life's too short :t:

Well with the weather set fair for tomorrow here's hoping a big crowd turns up for this fixture.

The Monarchs are in fine form and the Tigers have yet to find their feet this season .... but this is speedway and stranger things have happened..

Glasgow fans talk about how they back their team no matter what. Couple of riders missing and wont go give their support! The other 5 in the team must love the support!

Seems more would miss their own team racing to watch other teams who they think have a chance of winning at the Dale :rolleyes:

Do i go and watch an understrength Tigers side at the dump . or do i take my missus to Arran for a couple of days for our anniversary , you decide Fred . I presume you'll be at Ashfield on Sunday like me .

• Like 3

Blue skies and golden sunshine.... in West Lothian

That is all.

All past finger pointing at us was just scurrilous lies and porky telling by the Corstorphine MSSC smug section . Anyway the League Cup doesn't count towards averages , so Wolbert's been wasting his time :wink:

I duunno Paulco, you lot can't even cheat properly eh? ;)

Do i go and watch an understrength Tigers side at the dump . or do i take my missus to Arran for a couple of days for our anniversary , you decide Fred . I presume you'll be at Ashfield on Sunday like me .

Funnily enough I had same predicament last week - 10th anniversary

Compromised. took the missus and sprog to Aviemore for two nights.

Came back Saturday so I could go to Ashfield on Sunday ... and of course it was a rain off!

Blue skies and golden sunshine.... in West Lothian

That is all.

Glorious day here too Scotland1314.

Wonder what the Armadale micro climate is doing? ;)

Funnily enough I had same predicament last week - 10th anniversary

Compromised. took the missus and sprog to Aviemore for two nights.

Came back Saturday so I could go to Ashfield on Sunday ... and of course it was a rain off!

Glorious day here too Scotland1314.

Wonder what the Armadale micro climate is doing? ;)

Blue skies and golden sunshine from what I can see...

• Like 1

Lovely day for speedway and I will be at Glasgow on Sunday supporting my team.

Happy Anniversary to yourself and Mrs Paulco :-)

Glasgow fans talk about how they back their team no matter what. Couple of riders missing and wont go give their support! The other 5 in the team must love the support!

Seems more would miss their own team racing to watch other teams who they think have a chance of winning at the Dale :rolleyes:

Well Right said were do we start it is the easiest thing to do in support a winning team and that is something the Edinburgh fans are used to in-fact over the last 10-15 years they have been the most consistent team in the league by a distance.

It is when a team is not doing as well as perhaps they might that it isn't alway's as easy to go and watch your team being continually turned over as we normally have to bar one or two exceptions but in general we do turn up and support our team.

But in general terms when things aren't going so well through smugville that is when the travelling fans impersonate the invisible man as i have seen for myself over the not so good years for yourself's so for you or any Monarch to preach to us about travelling to support our team is at best Laughable and proves the point most on here think about how highly most of the Edinbutgh fan's think of there self-importance albeit it really is only yourself's that think that the rest of us couldn't give a s**t.

• Like 2

EDINBURGH 'Scotwaste' MONARCHS...55

1. Craig Cook 2,3,3,3,3 = 14
2. Aaron Fox 1¹,1,2¹,1 = 5+2
3. Max Fricke 0,2,2,3 = 7
4. Derek Sneddon © 2,1¹,1¹,3 = 7+2
5. Sam Masters 2,3,2,0 = 7
6. Justin Sedgmen 3,2¹,1¹,2¹,1 = 9+3
7. Stevie Worrall 2¹,1¹,3,FX = 6+2

GLASGOW 'Western Commercials' TIGERS...38

1. Kevin Wolbert 3,3,3,2,0 = 11
2. Demitri Berge 0,0,1,0 = 1
3. Rusty Harrison 1,1,2,2 = 6
4. Mark Lemon 3,FX,0,1 = 4
5. Theo Pijper © 3,2,6,1¹,2 = 14+1
6. Chris Wildman (G) 0,0,0,1¹ = 1+1
7. James McBain (G) 1,Ret,0,0 = 1

Reasonable meeting with the clashes between Cookie and The Kaiser probably the highlight.

Well I would imagine the thing on most people's lips leaving the stadium tonight would have been 'what if'... 'what if the Danish reserves had ridden for Glasgow tonight'

The Tigers got off to a decent start by taking the chequered flag 4 times in the first 5 heats but still trailed 16-14, therein lay the problem for the away men.. heat advantages were thin on the ground (2 all night and one of those because of a double points score for Pijper).

The Monarchs appeared less sharp from the tapes tonight than at any point this season so far, with Cookie in particular not anywhere near his devastating best from the tapes.... however he proved to be suitably devastating when passing his opponents (with the exception of heat 1).

Heat 10 Cookie pass of Rusty

Heat 13 Cookie with a belter of a pass on a flying Wolbert (Kevin giving Cookie room to race down the back straight).

But the race of the night heat 15 was a beauty with Cookie coming from nigh on last place to get by Wolbert then his team mate Sedgy and then Pijper with some wonderful cornering.

For the home men most were of the solid scoring variety with stand outs Cookie, Sedgy and for my money Aaron with a solid looking paid 7 and his first paid win, great to see.

For the away team, Wolbert started like a train and looked unbeatable until meeting Cookie again. Pijper more like what he is capable of around the Dale, only beaten (3 times) by Cookie all night.

Decent meeting that got better as the meeting went on watched by a healthy looking crowd.

If Glasgow ride like that on Sunday I'd be surprised to see the Monarchs making it 8 out of 8 wins.

Edited by SCOTLAND1314
  • Like 1