British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Sweetman

Belle Vue V Wolves 18/04/14

Zagar couldn't be arsed with heat 15?

Probably not

Hot , windy & sunny at Belle Vue today, making keeping the dust down difficult, though the BV sprinkler truck is worse than useless , so the track turned out slick & dry. Thought for a moment that BV were going to throw this away, but BV recovered to get the three points. Very good crowd, I cannot understand why they delay the start of the meetings, everyone knows the start time, so get there early.

I agree, i think it should be a close run thing.

I am going with a 2 point Wolves win 44-46

No surprise the Aces look a real force this year.

Was hoping we could continue our unbeaten run but looks like we were beaten by the better side.

We will put it right next Tuesday tho.

You must have had a word with yourself and disagreed then?!

Good win for the Aces, reserves are being found out away from home though and the captain is not mixing it with the big boys yet. Away points are a must if they want to be in the play-offs, how about next Tuesday on the TV?

Best summed up, deserved nowt, got nowt.

Always interests me that fans of both clubs always end up moaning about the dust bowl, the best reason put forward being the start time. Understandable when the '2nd leg' was at Monmore at 7.30. Now that appears to have been binned why not move the early match to the evening and have time to prepare a decent track? Assuming that was the true reason in the first place.

Always interests me that fans of both clubs always end up moaning about the dust bowl, the best reason put forward being the start time. Understandable when the '2nd leg' was at Monmore at 7.30. Now that appears to have been binned why not move the early match to the evening and have time to prepare a decent track? Assuming that was the true reason in the first place.

Greyhounds on Friday night that's why we start at early

Greyhounds in the evening that's the reason for early start.

Good to see Nielsen turning his promise into points, at least at home.

Greyhounds on Friday night that's why we start at early

Greyhounds in the evening that's the reason for early start.

Ok, just a thought!!!

You must have had a word with yourself and disagreed then?!

I have rated the Aces from the off if you care to read predictions.

I was hoping we could have kept our 100% unbeaten record, which in my book isn't a crime.

I agree, i think it should be a close run thing.

I am going with a 2 point Wolves win 44-46

Wolves are going to get hammered, Piotr won't be able to ride Kirky Lane to save his life.

55-35 to the Aces

Is IT questioning how well Piotr will do at Belle Vue?

The same rider who can pass World class riders around one of the smallest tracks in the EL??!!! :rofl::icon_smile_clown:

Says the one,who said he would take half a season to master the Wolves track.

Well he aint doing to bad on it right now,and Kirky Lane isnt a million miles different to Monmore.

Piotr Pawlicki is one of only few Polish youngsters able to ride small tracks as good as big ones. Probably because both him and brother Przemek started career on a small training track (if I remember correctly Pawlicki senior bought the farm and built the track for sons).

It is simple, some Poles struggle on small, technical tracks, same as some Brits will never learn how to ride big tracks (Cook, Kennett and Bridger good examples).

But for sure Pawlicki brothers you can count as able to ride any track, with any lenght and surface.

Aces looking way too strong for us!

No surprise the Aces look a real force this year.

Was hoping we could continue our unbeaten run but looks like we were beaten by the better side.

We will put it right next Tuesday tho.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. Piotr Pawlicki -- 1, 2, Ex, 1 = 4

Edited by KingKennyBjerre
  • Like 4