British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham V Poole Ela 23/4/14

And what would have happened if they hadn't watered the track earlier in the day at all and the forecast proved incorrect with rain not hitting the stadium until after the meeting was over? I'd hazard a guess that there would have been just as many pages on this thread moaning about people being covered in dust!

For track curators it's always been, and always will be, a case of "damned if they do, damned if they don't!" :rolleyes:

Thats what Speedway is all about. Forget this idea that its about 4 riders, 500cc bikes, no brakes. Its all about finding something to moan about then milking it to death.

• Like 1

And what would have happened if they hadn't watered the track earlier in the day at all and the forecast proved incorrect with rain not hitting the stadium until after the meeting was over? I'd hazard a guess that there would have been just as many pages on this thread moaning about people being covered in dust!

For track curators it's always been, and always will be, a case of "damned if they do, damned if they don't!" :rolleyes:

Tracks have to be consistently prepared the same every week to ensure the race surface is fit for racing, that means watering the track as per usual, although if its a wet forecast ensure its not overdone.

You cannot prepare a track for what might or might not happen that's not the way its done.

At least there would have been racing and fans not inconvenienced tho Bryn.

Poole were prepared to ride it was the pussyos Birmingham that didn't

Not strictly true.

Changes to their team for the rematch !

The use of the money taken last night.

You honestly think from this position we can make changes capable of taking points off Poole ?, short of bringing in Hampel and Lindgren, I doubt it will make any difference (in this fixture anyway).

Edited by david2905

You honestly think from this position we can make changes capable of taking points off Poole ?.

Later in the year the heat leaders may start winning races, if not changes may be made. This may reduce the Poole points from 4 to 3.

Guest GiveusaB

Fair enough but i most certainly not uptight about it!

You said ANYONE would agree it wasn't best not to race. WRONG.

Several Brummies fans, one of the Brummies riders and people involved in the meeting said the track was raceable. I was there and spoke to them! Your judgement then i`m afraid is one i would question!

I was reliably informed the track was watered during the day.

Why are you questioning if i entered the track and therefore have a re-admission ticket to use?? Its you that seems a little uptight!

What do the fans know about what's traceable and what isn't???

The ? About the tickets was because you said that you're newcomers had been put off and wouldn't be returning, or something along those lines? Well if they paid to enter last night, then they have a re_useable ticket?

I'm not uptight about anything, just feel sorry for people that moan and moan and moan!!!

I've got a wife for that!

What do the fans know about what's Raceable and what isn't???

The ? About the tickets was because you said that you're newcomers had been put off and wouldn't be returning, or something along those lines? Well if they paid to enter last night, then they have a re_useable ticket?

I'm not uptight about anything, just feel sorry for people that moan and moan and moan!!!

You're pretty new on here? When you've been around for a while you'll know who to not bother getting into a difference of opinion with and just let them carry on moaning because you'll never win. :lol:

• Like 9

The use of the money taken last night.

Which won't even come close to covering the rent costs for the evening.

• Like 1

Which won't even come close to covering the rent costs for the evening.

Precisely.

It was in noones interest to have the meeting postponed last night.

Please give the Brummies management some, if not a lot, of credit. They may well have the takings in the coffers but they will still be out of pocket and still waited to try to get the match on.

The track may well have been watered but not soaked. Stevebrum back off! As has been stated tracks are treated weather or no weather. Are you now an expert? If so, maybe you should have a word at Coventry.

The rain was continuing to come despite numerous forecasts advising it would stop around 8pm. Our track curators believed they would get the surface raceable if and only if, the rain had stopped.

If the track had not been watered, dustbowl city. If they had raced, injury Central, potentially.

The best line to quote on this matter has already been said, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Edited by Mini Jack
  • Like 2

My girlfriend who goes Birmingham University attended this meeting and she was very angry with the amatuer set up.

Mathematics

Mathematics indeed. The perfect subject to create the statistics to go with the lies and damned lies then!

Edited by The Pedaler

Changes to their team for the rematch !

Sorry, just cannot see the budget being there to substantially change the team to a degree where they'd give the likes of poole a run for their money. Not unless a lot of fingers were pulled out in addition.

See I knew we wouldent lose, see you wednesday when we take 4 points off you and then move onto Swindon and pluck that bloody robin, Rosco will cry. :t::party:

Come on you BRUMMIES.

• Like 1

What do the fans know about what's traceable and what isn't???

Its not moaning, its discussing. :D

Yes the families that went do have re-admission tickets. That`s assuming they want to bother again tho isn't it!

The point you made about the fans not knowing if the track was raceable or not..... didn't you say it was obvious to everyone the track wasn't raceable?! How would they all know!!! :rofl:

A lot of posts on here are just banter and best not to be taken too seriously.

There are the odd few that you wouldn't take too seriously anyway. :t:

You're pretty new on here? When you've been around for a while you'll know who to not bother getting into a difference of opinion with and just let them carry on moaning because you'll never win.

:rofl:

short of bringing in Lindgren

I know Newcastle fans have been moaning about Ludvig recently, and he is still our asset, but that really is one big leap of faith! ;)

• Like 1