British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham V Poole Ela 23/4/14

Peter Preece is joking!! he has a great sense of humour and is a devoted fan we know we will get beat it is just a case of by how many... ,,,,,,,,,,,,, :t:

I guessed that!

I'm laughing with him - not at him :lol:

Anyway, it's best to try and keep a sense of humour at the moment with the Brummies. I sincerely hope things get better but it's not looking good at the moment.

Edited by Poole Quay 7

I cant bring the moped its out on loan at the moment to Eddie Kennett, hope he leaves the exhaust alone.

Dont know what you mean Moorski, so you dont think we can win? :o

Cant see how you could win against the pirates, your team is worse than last years and I seem to remember we gave you a good hiding in the play off final.

What play off final, cant remember that, remember us topping the league, then its all just a blur. Was it on theTele, must have been watching Morse or something.

• Like 4

I cant bring the moped its out on loan at the moment to Eddie Kennett, hope he leaves the exhaust alone.

Dont know what you mean Moorski, so you dont think we can win? :o

What play off final, cant remember that, remember us topping the league, then its all just a blur. Was it on theTele, must have been watching Morse or something.

Glory Hunter Eh...

Glory Hunter Eh...

Another woosh.

Plus it's funny, Poole crowds plummeted in '09 when they were rooted to the bottom of the league. Clearly glory hunters down that way too. It happens at all clubs, you win you get more fans watching, in any sport.

Glory Hunter Eh...

That's a whoosh all the way from foolsville right there :)

• Like 3

Another woosh.

Plus it's funny, Poole crowds plummeted in '09 when they were rooted to the bottom of the league. Clearly glory hunters down that way too. It happens at all clubs, you win you get more fans watching, in any sport.

I wonder if the mods can change the 'like' button on Starman's posts (very rarely used anyway) to a 'whoosh' button, so we can keep an accurate tally.

• Like 9

Perhaps there's a way to harness all the wooshes as an alternative power source.

• Like 1

Another woosh.

Actually they did not go down by that much............its the glory hunters that cause the issue..........love a team when its winning and walk away when they are down...........

Its the loyal fans that keep clubs going but the hardest thing is when the loyal fans (and I know a few Brummie ones) start to walk away...........the situation at Birmingham is not good but I hope things get better for them in the near future...............

RP

Poor old Starman, the original dib dob! :D

You should have said hello to him Friday morning . You were there , facebook never lies :P:D

Hope you enjoy it on Wednesday SB. Milik is so over-riding at the moment that I would expect at least a couple of FX's from him - just hope none of our riders are anywhere close to him at the time!!

This could also depend on how the reserves do??! :shock::wink::D

Thanks Skidder1. You going?

I cant say i`m going to enjoy myself , just a nice treat by well meaning people of a lad i`m coaching.

I`m expecting another home massacring but any kind of fight and good racing will be a huge bonus.

Brum will certainly have been read the riot act so will raise their game, but Coventry we are not.

No, you are the team that is better than Kings Lynn (according to you) so will therefore struggle to beat them because of some mythical riot act. Priceless.

never understood the play off rubbish, if ya win the league you should be champions imo. like nearly every other sport :wink:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :wink:

Actually they did not go down by that much............its the glory hunters that cause the issue..........love a team when its winning and walk away when they are down...........

Its the loyal fans that keep clubs going but the hardest thing is when the loyal fans (and I know a few Brummie ones) start to walk away...........the situation at Birmingham is not good but I hope things get better for them in the near future...............

RP

Pull the other one. Your crowds were terrible in the 2nd half of '09 and an audible section of there crowd that were there were booing your riders. Like I said, any club in any sport will lose a section of it's support if they start losing with any regularity.

Is Eddie Kennett still riding I hadnt noticed!

I hear he's just finishing heat 3 from Friday!

Pull the other one. Your crowds were terrible in the 2nd half of '09 and an audible section of there crowd that were there were booing your riders. Like I said, any club in any sport will lose a section of it's support if they start losing with any regularity.

I hear he's just finishing heat 3 from Friday!

I can endorse that as went about 6 times towards the back end of the 09 season & you could get a place in the car park & the main stand easily which was never the case before then or since.

Poole have still got a good core of fans like many clubs but have loads of glory hunters as well.