British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham V Poole Ela 23/4/14

Poole have still got a good core of fans like many clubs but have loads of glory hunters as well.

Spot on there............but some of us don't get to every meeting because of working now.................

Have been there for almost 38 years through the good times and the bad............the only things that stop me going are work or not being able to afford it............

RP

• Like 1

Is Eddie Kennett still riding I hadnt noticed!

Depends what you call riding really.

Spot on there............but some of us don't get to every meeting because of working now.................

Have been there for almost 38 years through the good times and the bad............the only things that stop me going are work or not being able to afford it............

RP

Wasn't a dig as I know exactly how things are.

Wasn't a dig as I know exactly how things are.

I know it was not.............but if I get to one meeting between now and the end of June (having shoulder surgery so that puts me out for a few weeks) I will be happy.............

RP

I know it was not.............but if I get to one meeting between now and the end of June (having shoulder surgery so that puts me out for a few weeks) I will be happy.............

RP

Don't mention operations to me as still hobbling around after a knee op & not up to driving as well yet.

Don't mention operations to me as still hobbling around after a knee op & not up to driving as well yet.

What average do you come in on ?, could find youa job if your interested ;)

Thanks Skidder1. You going?

I cant say i`m going to enjoy myself , just a nice treat by well meaning people of a lad i`m coaching.

I`m expecting another home massacring but any kind of fight and good racing will be a huge bonus.

Unfortunately for this one I shall only be there in spirit, but should make the 'B' fixture.

I gather that Barker has just become a father over the weekend, so maybe his performance will improve on Wednesday and it'll be a better meeting for the neutrals!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

As a pot hunting London Poole Pirates supporter who travels to home games I resent the snide remark!!!

If we loose at Brum I will go back to drinking champagne and watching opera.

I don't care who sees me sulking.

Toys and pram at the ready!!!

I also no longer support manchester utd and now have become a lifelong Liverpool supporter.

Glorty hunters indeed!!!!!

ps I am sorry to hear of the problems the brummies have and wish you better days soon. It doesn't help the sport at all but fail to see what changes we can make, except ones that water down the league even further.

glory hunters even!!

• Like 1

I gather that Barker has just become a father over the weekend, so maybe his performance will improve on Wednesday and it'll be a better meeting for the neutrals!!

Barker a father? It's going to be a bit embarrassing when he/she starts to talk and has a lower tone of voice than dad. :D

• Like 9

Barker a father? It's going to be a bit embarrassing when he/she starts to talk and has a lower tone of voice than dad. :D

To be fair, the more differences between father and baby the better!!!! :D

• Like 3

Hope you are better soon............my op is not for another 3 weeks or so but got two weeks of late finishes thrown into that.............

RP