British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Glasgow V Edinburgh (lc) 20/4/13 @ 3pm

I wasnt there on Friday , but apparently he was superb at Armadale on Friday . Which makes today's lamentable performance all the more puzzling

Surely if what he said that his engine went "pow",then that would explain it?He said his second bike lacked compression.Like i said,he was skint and someone came in to save his career.But to what extent has the financial support helped?Maybe he doesn't have the finances to really get two or three bikes up to the standard he would like.Then i can only see more problems ahead as he struggles for points or money.I certainly don't think there is anything deliberate in this.But maybe his head isn't right as well.He needs a few good meetings one after the other and maybe will turn the corner.I hope so as he is much better than these performances this year

• Like 1

Given the amount of time Stewart spent driving the tractor yesterday , it would appear he's on his own .

Have we no tractor driver?

Think one of the start guys packed in yesterday from what I could see/hear.

Two's company, three's a crowd?

• Like 1

Have we no tractor driver?

Think one of the start guys packed in yesterday from what I could see/hear.

Two's company, three's a crowd?

Yes , so i heard . Hope this is not the start of the implosion on and off the track

Surely if what he said that his engine went "pow",then that would explain it?He said his second bike lacked compression.Like i said,he was skint and someone came in to save his career.But to what extent has the financial support helped?Maybe he doesn't have the finances to really get two or three bikes up to the standard he would like.Then i can only see more problems ahead as he struggles for points or money.I certainly don't think there is anything deliberate in this.But maybe his head isn't right as well.He needs a few good meetings one after the other and maybe will turn the corner.I hope so as he is much better than these performances this year

Nobody is suggesting it is deliberate , not even the odd Edinburgh joker with the " Agent Wolbert " jibes . And i feel for the guy if it is the case he cant afford to get his bikes up to standard . But we went 4 months last season without a home win , dont think the home support could stand another season like that again this year . And having a number 1 rider not scoring heat leader points wont help address that problem .

• Like 1

Yes , so i heard . Hope this is not the start of the implosion on and off the track

Too many hangers on?

• Like 1

The team manager doing the track during the meeting is how unpriofessional we are at the moment. His job should be in thepits with the riders during a meeting. A number 1 who cant beat newcomers to this level of racing at home is a real problem. I have sympathy for him if he has financial problems but that doesn't help the Tigers 1 bit. If he cant make it work then maybe he has to have a career re-think. We need to be cut throat this season. Another season like last could see us on the brink of closure. From what look a decent crowd yesterdayhow many will be back next week after that performance.

The team manager doing the track during the meeting is how unpriofessional we are at the moment. His job should be in thepits with the riders during a meeting. A number 1 who cant beat newcomers to this level of racing at home is a real problem. I have sympathy for him if he has financial problems but that doesn't help the Tigers 1 bit. If he cant make it work then maybe he has to have a career re-think. We need to be cut throat this season. Another season like last could see us on the brink of closure. From what look a decent crowd yesterdayhow many will be back next week after that performance.

Compared to and i am using Edinburgh as a guide our presentation and overall match day running is as un-professional as there's is professional but you are correct another season like last and the crowd will drop as to ask them to continue to pay to watch crap 2 seasons in a row is pushing your luck a bit too much so from that respect they need to address all the issues they have.

• Like 3

If Wolbert was having these issues financially, surely the question has to be why did Glasgow even sign him? Did they not do there homework pre season?

If Wolbert was having these issues financially, surely the question has to be why did Glasgow even sign him? Did they not do there homework pre season?

And how would they know that, is this part off the due diligence process now i can see the interview now

Kevin we want you to be our No1 next season

Oh ok

Kevin have you any financial difficulties that mean your equipment isn't up to scratch and you will struggle to score points

No

It is not as if they would do a credit check on him to ride speedway

Jeeeeeeeez I really despair at some off the post's on here.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Edinburgh have such a slick presentation to us. Every small detail is better. Doc always has the track in good shape. We always seem to be doing last minute track work. If you turn up to Armadale 45 minute before the meeting and the weather is fair you never see any work being done. Maybe it is easier at night however

I just dont get how our gating can be so bad. It surely cant all bad reactions. Do we need guidance on setups? The Monarchs were out of the gate quicker in most reces by quite some distance. Young Berge can get it right and hes a novice. Rusty has been solid all year. The rest need to have a serious re-think

Wolverton blew both his engines yesterday

Who is Wolverton ?

I assume you mean Wolbert . When did he blow them ? In his first race he spent four laps looking for a way past a rookie American who has hardly scored a point at PL level . His next effort was equally as poor . He did stop in his third race after two laps , but was already a poor last in that one anyway .

We're struggling badly as a team and need a number 1 to be providing points , not excuses why he cant .

Maybe the time is soon approaching when we make either Kauko Nieminen or Magnus Karlsson an offer they can't refuse , whether we can afford it or not .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 2

Guessing predictive text for Wolbert. Can he afford another engine ? If not then we can't carry him any longer

I assume you mean Wolbert . When did he blow them ? In his first race he spent four laps looking for a way past a rookie American who has hardly scored a point at PL level . His next effort was equally as poor . He did stop in his third race after two laps , but was already a poor last in that one anyway .

We're struggling badly as a team and need a number 1 to be providing points , not excuses why he cant .

Maybe the time is soon approaching when we make either Kauko Nieminen or Magnus Karlsson an offer they can't refuse , whether we can afford it or not .

Whether we can afford it or not is the case because we can't carry on like this.. Glasgow have a reputation for giving riders a fair chance before making changes, which is all well and good, I hate to see riders dropped but we won't have any speedway at this rate, and will be lucky to see out the season if we don't start winning fast, at least at home.
  • Like 1