British Speedway Forum
TMW

Leicester V Coventry

DH wanted a fast track, he wanted spctators to get the impression of speed, that we certainly have. I can fully understand his thinking and when he explains it to you it makes perfect sense, it's not worked out racing wise though, it's just not entertaining. As others have pointed out reducing the straight at one end could well do the trick. Let's hope something gets done sooner rather than later, but I suspect that winter will be the time, if anything happens at all.

Ref comments about a slick track - that's the riders asking Glyn to prepare it that way. Maybe easier to ride but from a paying customers point of view it just makes it worse.

Apart from the track issues I think everyone who has worked at the stadium deserves great credit, a lot has been created from nothing in a very short period, and I wish the Lions (and Long Eaton) all the best.

By way of interest, according to my reckoning, Leicester is the 8th longest track in the UK and the 9th fastest. Sheffield is the fastest followed by Kings Lynn & then Workington. All figures calculated on the info in the Speedway Star's pre season issue.