British Speedway Forum
TMW

Leicester V Coventry

Big thankyou to Fricke and Lawson for their efforts last night.

Was Peter York on the centre green as the presenter kept calling him William Lawson!!

Apart from a couple of races between Perry and Garrity in hts 2 and 12 the racing was so poor.

After 3 defeats including the embarrasment of losing at Birmingham, we are back in the title race for 3rd place!!!!

Being realistic, we are and will be too inconsistent this season and wont reach the play-offs - with Belle Vue and Lakeside my tips to be the semi final fodder for Poole and Kings Lynn.

Still with less than 3 seasons left, any away win will be enjoyable.

Says the person that's made 365 posts on a speedway 'fans' forum.

You miss the point cb252. Long eye is much more than just your common or garden lowly speedway fan. He's part of the pit crew at Leicester for gawd sake. He knows important people who know stuff. This means he knows stuff you will never understand and gives him the insight into the sport so far in advance of you or I. I need to check but I think most of his 300 odd posts clearly show this.. erm.. you retard!

Well, at least in one person's head I'm sure this would appear to be the case anyway!!

Mick.

Doyle was very impressive tonight

That's how he rolls.

I'm guessing Sky TV are rushing to get the Elite Leagues newest track on the telly. I bet they can't wait... Anyone have any info when that's happening?

Edited by volty

You miss the point cb252. Long eye is much more than just your common or garden lowly speedway fan. He's part of the pit crew at Leicester for gawd sake. He knows important people who know stuff. This means he knows stuff you will never understand and gives him the insight into the sport so far in advance of you or I. I need to check but I think most of his 300 odd posts clearly show this.. erm.. you retard!

Well, at least in one person's head I'm sure this would appear to be the case anyway!!

Mick.

if that's the case he should know better than slate the people who pay the wages, but instead try to increase their knowledge! People within the sport should always take notice of the fans, no fans no speedway!

Good meeting. Even if the LIONS lost. Some very good racing. Maybe not that many passes. But I don't go to speedway to see how many pases there are just to watch some good racing and we got it tonight. If we had a decent team to back up Jason Doyle. The lions would be winning far more races than they are now.

Which meeting were you watching then because the one I seen was processional rubbish?

• Like 2

Watched the stream. Gave up at heat ten a case of move along nothing to see here. If you made the gate you won. Track needs altering and soon.

• Like 2

Watched the stream. Gave up at heat ten a case of move along nothing to see here. If you made the gate you won. Track needs altering and soon.

A few years ago when they were building the circuit and publishing photos, I kept thinking that it looked really narrow with long straights and the bends didn't look any wider - but I just put it down to camera angles and perspectives, because I didn't believe anyone could get a purpose built track wrong ...

Be interesting to see those photos again.

I'm guessing Sky TV are rushing to get the Elite Leagues newest track on the telly. I bet they can't wait... Anyone have any info when that's happening?

Presumably they are waiting until Sam Ermolenko is available to do the track report? ;)

At least its smooth not like the ploughed field you race on at poole

But on the ploughed field we see racing

• Like 1

A few years ago when they were building the circuit and publishing photos, I kept thinking that it looked really narrow with long straights and the bends didn't look any wider - but I just put it down to camera angles and perspectives, because I didn't believe anyone could get a purpose built track wrong ...

Be interesting to see those photos again.

Just have a look on google earth. Then look at Berwick. All will be confirmed!

• Like 1

Good to see things never change here. Weatherwatcher still saying he doesn't go to speedway for the passes & Volty still moaning about the lack of passes even when watching at home. I respect both your opinions, but why do you have to repeat them after every meeting on a subject that has been done to death?

Yes, the racing was poor yesterday, but i felt it was acceptable in the previous league meetings & the Ben fund meeting.

Don't know what happened to Mads yesterday, disappointed by his 3rd & 4th rides. Didn't expect much more from Snornicki. Felt Perry should've been able to hold off Garrity after Jason lost so much ground around bend 3&4, but maybe I'm being harsh of Tom.

Got to pick up a home win next week, looks worrying that too many teams are picking up points at BP. Yes, we are probably better away than home, but we will still not pick up many away points at the best teams or those with small tracks, which then doesn't leave a lot of other meetings.

But on the ploughed field we see racing

No its hang on n hope i finish mate just a matter of time before a rider gets seriously injured riding on youre track