British Speedway Forum
Judy Barber

Old Memorabilia - Race Jackets - Kevlars

I am always looking to buy any old Speedway Items plus also Old Comics, Stamps, Coins,

Cigarette Cards, Football , Stock Car and other Sports Memorabilia. Old Vinyl Records, Postcards

etc please drop me a mail... can collect no problem....

Hi have you anything on the exeter falcons.thanks rob.

Hello Rob,

I've been eager to contact you followingyour recent email to me, and in fact I sent you the following email, to which I've had no response. Did you receive it? If not, can you please get some words about your collection to me by Thursday of this week? Hope this reaches you.

My email is: editorial@retro-speedway.com

Cheers,

Tony Mac

Backtrack magazine

Hello Robert,

Great to hear from you, and sorry for the delayed response.

You won't remember, but we met briefly at the hotel where you had a display of your memorabilia on the weekend Exeter Speedway closed - the luncheon function attended by Ivan, Scott, Vaclav, etc, and where I took a pic of Richard Green with one of your racejackets.

So obviously I'm aware of your tremendous collection - and yes, we'd love to feature you and it in the next issue of Backtrack magazine. Can you please type up around 750-to-1,000 words about yourself and your collection. Here's a basic guide to the things we'd like you to cover in your piece:

A. Please begin by stating where you are based, your age and occupation (if retired, your previous job).

1. How, and when, did you start collecting - what inspired you to do so?

2. What was the first item in your collection?

3. List the items that give you most satisfaction?

4. What do you regard as your most prized possession, and say why?

5. What was the most difficult item to obtain, and why?

6. Which item cost you most money to purchase, and how much do you estimate your collection has cost you in all?

7. Is there a specific item, or items, of Falcons memorabilia out there somewhere that you would really love to add to your collection?

8. Do you display your collection anywhere permanently?

And anything else of relevance that you would like to add...

Rob, can you please get the copy to me for Tuesday, April 22, which is when I begin laying out the next issue.

Also, please send pics (high-res j.peg images scanned to a min of 250 dpi) of the items that you consider to be the most interesting/unusual/rarest (about up to 8 pics will be fine). These should include one pic showing a row of different racejackets and another showing bikes. I appreciate you have so much stuff, so just select the key items.

Please let me know ASAP if all the above is OK with you and, if so, I'll allocate you two pages in the next issue.

Look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

TMc